Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Dragon - Bengals may have found their IOL
(12-23-2020, 11:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When was the last time the Bengals had a consistent 100+ yards per game runner? That’s bad run blocking. That’s costing this team lots of wins.

Never. That is a very high bar to set, as that is a minimum of 1600 yards rushing per year for a single guy.
Reply/Quote
I think spain is a keeper. Not overreacting to the win either, I felt that way since the first day he came in the Jacksonville game in place of the other OL that was in the game and played great. Been solid since and he's a veteran which is needed in a good Oline.

We have 3 good Offensive lineman that we can keep and win with next year in Spain, Hopkins and Jonah. If we get a top notch OG in FA and one of the the Top OT's in the draft (there are a few although Sewell is #1 but still a few other really good ones) will be good to go. Can't fix it all in one offseason, but Spain should definitely be resigned.

Hart, XSF, and Finney can be backups. Everyone else can go.

fyi this is my first response and post on this site. I read a lot but happy to talk bengals football with yall. Who dey!
Reply/Quote
Quentin Spain = One good team's trash is one terrible team's treasure.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 08:16 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: I think spain is a keeper. Not overreacting to the win either, I felt that way since the first day he came in the Jacksonville game in place of the other OL that was in the game and played great. Been solid since and he's a veteran which is needed in a good Oline.

We have 3 good Offensive lineman that we can keep and win with next year in Spain, Hopkins and Jonah. If we get a top notch OG in FA and one of the the Top OT's in the draft (there are a few although Sewell is #1 but still a few other really good ones) will be good to go. Can't fix it all in one offseason, but Spain should definitely be resigned.

Hart, XSF, and Finney can be backups. Everyone else can go.

fyi this is my first response and post on this site. I read a lot but happy to talk bengals football with yall. Who dey!

From a financial perspective it wouldn't make sense to keep Hart ($6.9m), XSF ($3.2m) and Finney ($3.5m) as they will cost $13.6m between them in 2021. Add Billy Price ($3.7m) and we could be spending a tenth of the salary cap for back-ups for one position!
Reply/Quote