Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler boyd
What's the knock on this kid? I don't understand how fuller went before this kid off speed alone. Don't get me wrong speed kills but give me someone who has precise routes and able to find open spots on the field.

Not to mention kids Hands might be best in the draft.. I think he makes an immediate impact on our team and we don't miss a beat on offense .
Reply/Quote
Simply put, he's a smaller and less athletic Sanu (faster 40 doesn't equate better athlete). He's smoother in his routes and seems to have softer hands, but both have the same problem of getting separation. 

Sanu and Keenan Allen are two very accurate ceilings for him, and both were 3rd round players themselves. Hence why others and I thought the pick was a reach. 

As far as the offense not skipping a beat, we've no one outside of maybe Core who can replicate Jones's role, so, not sure about that.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Simply put, he's a smaller and less athletic Sanu (faster 40 doesn't equate better athlete). He's smoother in his routes and seems to have softer hands, but both have the same problem of getting separation. 

Sanu and Keenan Allen are two very accurate ceilings for him, and both were 3rd round players themselves. Hence why others and I thought the pick was a reach. 

As far as the offense not skipping a beat, we've no one outside of maybe Core who can replicate Jones's role, so, not sure about that.

Sanu is no where near the WR Keenan Allen is.  We can only hope Boyd ends up like Keenan Allen. 
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:10 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Sanu is no where near the WR Keenan Allen is.  We can only hope Boyd ends up like Keenan Allen. 

Never said he was. But both were comparable prospects coming out, just with different career arcs.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Simply put, he's a smaller and less athletic Sanu (faster 40 doesn't equate better athlete). He's smoother in his routes and seems to have softer hands, but both have the same problem of getting separation. 

Is rated to have better hands than Sanu and Allen and better speed, not sure what projections you have been reading but most I read such as NFL network and cbs had him as going in 2nd round.. so NOT A REACH at all with the scouts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:12 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Never said he was. But both were comparable prospects coming out, just with different career arcs.

If he tops out at Sanu's level of production, that would be disappointing. If he get near Allen's,  we will win a Super Bowl.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:21 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: If he tops out at Sanu's level of production, that would be disappointing.

But not too surprising. His tape is literally Sanu with hands.

Quote:If he get near Allen's,  we will win a Super Bowl.

Maybe.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:21 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: If he tops out at Sanu's level of production, that would be disappointing. If he get near Allen's,  we will win a Super Bowl.

If he can give us sanu production circa 2014 il be happy. Anything less than that and I agree... Disappointing

50catch 750 yards and 4-5 td I hope is his floor. Fingers crossed.
He will get all of the opportunities in the world with green, eifert, and goo creating mismatches across all parts of the field. Arguable one of the best pass catchers at each of their position. Throw in lafell... And Boyd should have every opportunity to produce as long as Andy looks his way. If he only has 30 catches 500 yds and 2 td but lafell has 50-60 for 700-900 then that is still a win. We just need those two to step up in place of sanu and Marvin.

I don't see that as too tall of a task.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Sanu and Keenan Allen are two very accurate ceilings for him, and both were 3rd round players themselves. 

So he has two ceilings? I'd like the Allen ceiling, please, hold the injury.

(05-06-2016, 02:24 PM)Stormborn Wrote: But not too surprising. His tape is literally Sanu with hands.

Well, then he should be pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: So he has two ceilings? I'd like the Allen ceiling, please, hold the injury.

Allen was kinda the best case scenario, weird on the verbiage there.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:57 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Allen was kinda the best case scenario, weird on the verbiage there.

We won't know anything until the kid steps on the field. Plenty of players bust and plenty exceed draft expectations. Jordy Nelson runs a 4.5, drafted in the second round, and is one of he most explosive recievrs in the league.

All this talk is just that- talk. No way we can determine where Boyd will be. He could be the next limas sweed (hope not) or the next Keenan Allen or jordy Nelson.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:10 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We won't know anything until the kid steps on the field.  Plenty of players bust and plenty exceed draft expectations.  Jordy Nelson runs a 4.5, drafted in the second round, and is one of he most explosive recievrs in the league.

All this talk is just that- talk.   No way we can determine where Boyd will be.  He could be the next limas sweed (hope not) or the next Keenan Allen or jordy Nelson.

That's what this is all about, you study, analyze, get proven right or wrong, learn from the experience, move on to the next one. That's what this industry of the draft is. People mock it but there is a science to it. That's why I love doing this and I want to pursue a career in this. It's fun.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: That's what this is all about, you study, analyze, get proven right or wrong, learn from the experience, move on to the next one. That's what this industry of the draft is. People mock it but there is a science to it. That's why I love doing this and I want to pursue a career in this. It's fun.

Did you just say there is a science? That would be false. If there was a science to it then teams wouldn't miss as badly as they do so consistently. It is educated guessing.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did you just say there is a science? That would be false. If there was a science to it then teams wouldn't miss as badly as they do so consistently. It is educated guessing.

There's a science to everything, some are good at it, some are bad at it.

This is not gambling.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:25 PM)Stormborn Wrote: There's a science to everything, some are good at it, some are bad at it.

This is not gambling.

If the best in the business get between 25%-30% right then it is much closer to gambling than science.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: If the best in the business get between 25%-30% right then it is much closer to gambling than science.

I put gambling with probability, something scouting has nothing to do with.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did you just say there is a science? That would be false. If there was a science to it then teams wouldn't miss as badly as they do so consistently. It is educated guessing.

Part of science is forming a hypothesis, which is an educated guess.  It is not a true science because there are too many variables to control (injury, motivation after getting paid, outside influences, changes to coaching staff and philosophy, etc.), but there is a real method to it.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:30 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I put gambling with probability, something scouting has nothing to do with.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/equally-inaccurate-an-analysis-of-mel-kiper-jr-and-todd-mcshays-draft-rankings/

Draft gurus have no clue, it just makes fort good TV. If there was any semblance of a "science" teams would have a much better success rate than sub .500 in drafting players who at least contribute. The worst thing is though that people are convinced a guy should be picked here or there. History has shown that you are much more likely to be wrong than right. You want to put a ceiling on Boyd? What kind of ceiling did you put on Richard Sherman? Did you know Edelman was a star? If you want to rank guys, or predict future outcomes that is fine, but please don't act like your guess, and I do mean guess, is the gospel.

Sorry didn't mean to be an attack on you specifically, but draft time just always gets me with all these "experts" in something that has been proven to be nothing more than guessing.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:36 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Part of science is forming a hypothesis, which is an educated guess.  It is not a true science because there are too many variables to control (injury, motivation after getting paid, outside influences, changes to coaching staff and philosophy, etc.), but there is a real method to it.

I'll get behind a method, but as I said, it isn't science. I also would say a method that yields a 30% success rate isn't all that good of a method.
Reply/Quote
I hope he becomes a very good player I love that he wants to make pitt his b*tch .
Reply/Quote