Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UDFA thread
(05-03-2022, 09:05 AM)BigRed75 Wrote: Very good at run blocking but pass blocking not so much.  Not horrible but not good either.

Hopefully he has put in work in the offseason and also improves in camp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 01:26 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Props to Pally for absolutely crushing this thread.

thank you

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 05:21 PM)pulses Wrote: Sorenson is around 6' 190 strictly slot had 1400 yards last year. He's more quck than fast. He will be 25 by the time camp comes around. I think he's more of a camp body than anything. I think Lassiter and Pryor have more upside than he does. As far as Clarence Hicks  goes pass rushing was what he did mostly last year he had 16.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks and was honorable mention all american.

Cool, sounds like one of those quick Slot guys in Sorenson, I like the pick.

Clarence Hicks though I really like, those are some good numbers, I want to check out some film on him later after work. Cool
Reply/Quote
Really liking Cal Adomitas after that vid. Awesome, another Greek Freak lol

Love Clark Harris but this dude could be our next great long snapper.
Reply/Quote
So we're keeping Browning as #3? A bit surprised they didnt sign a UCFA. Could they still sign a vet?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, sounds like one of those quick Slot guys in Sorenson, I like the pick.

Clarence Hicks though I really like, those are some good numbers, I want to check out some film on him later after work. Cool

Sorenson is a 4.7 guy and Pryor and Lassiter are 4.3 guys so I think they have a better chance but we'll see I guess.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 01:10 PM)phil413 Wrote: So we're keeping Browning as #3?  A bit surprised they didnt sign a UCFA.  Could they still sign a vet?

Cam Newton playing the role of scrambling QB in practice could help the D prepare, and his broken throwing arm is probably equivalent to what we have at backup QB right now.

If Fitz is healthy or Foles 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 02:41 PM)pulses Wrote: Sorenson is a 4.7 guy and Pryor and Lassiter are 4.3 guys so I think they have a better chance but we'll see I guess.

Yes, trying to get up to date on these UDFA's. Really liking both Pryor and Lassiter. They are the types we need.

We are loaded at Slot WR but after that we really need speed on the outside besides Chase and even Chase seems to do his 
biggest damage in the Slot where he is virtually uncoverable. I think we are looking for WR's that are extremely versatile so we
can line our guys up in different formations all game long confusing Secondary's.
Reply/Quote
Master Teague, RB, UDFA was signed by the Bears and was let go 3 days later. I would like to see if he could make a little noise here.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, sounds good to me. Need all the pass rushers we can get. He just seems like a pass rushing Linebacker with his size.

Thanks, know nothing about Jake Sorenson. Is he a Slot WR or an outside guy, what size is he?

True, this is where you break into the league. On Special Teams, if Hicks does his job here he could earn a spot and we 
could use him once in awhile in rushing the passer with his skills.

Sorenson is not strictly a slot guy.
Some think he is because of his speed though, but he played outside plenty at Miami.
He's 6'0" 189 lbs.
Enough height to stay outside.
He could struggle getting separation no matter where he plays, but his route running should help him some in that department.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:39 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Master Teague, RB, UDFA was signed by the Bears and was let go 3 days later. I would like to see if he could make a little noise here.

Tell me you're a Buckeye fan without telling me you're a Buckeye fan...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tell me you're a Buckeye fan without telling me you're a Buckeye fan...

I am a Buckeye fan, here comes the but, but, that's not why I want to see him tryout with the Bengals.  He has power with a little bit of speed.  It seems to me that not all our problems getting rushing yards in short yardage situations was on the O-line.  I'm not sold on Perine if Mixon goes down.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:55 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I am a Buckeye fan, here comes the but, but, that's not why I want to see him tryout with the Bengals.  He has power with a little bit of speed.  It seems to me that not all our problems getting rushing yards in short yardage situations was on the O-line.  I'm not sold on Perine if Mixon goes down.

I'm also a Buckeye fan, but I wasn't big on Teague at OSU.  Dude had 4 years to grab the featured back role, and never could break through as he was always getting upstaged by the next in line.  Part of the reason for that is his game has no sizzle, no juice, nothing exciting about him being in the game.  He can run straight ahead when the holes are there, but not much else.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:55 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I am a Buckeye fan, here comes the but, but, that's not why I want to see him tryout with the Bengals.  He has power with a little bit of speed.  It seems to me that not all our problems getting rushing yards in short yardage situations was on the O-line.  I'm not sold on Perine if Mixon goes down.

Is your Buckeye fandom also why you didn't acknowledge Chris Evans ?  (joking btw) 
Reply/Quote
Let's move past Buckeye fandom talk and show love for the Miami-hopeful-Bengal connection. Cool

[Image: sorensen.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:52 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Is your Buckeye fandom also why you didn't acknowledge Chris Evans ?  (joking btw) 

I'm hoping Evans gets a chance to be involved more in the offense.  He to me is more of a scat-back and receiver out the backfield.

And I don't hold it against him for playing on TTUN...lol.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Sorenson is not strictly a slot guy.
Some think he is because of his speed though, but he played outside plenty at Miami.
He's 6'0" 189 lbs.
Enough height to stay outside.
He could struggle getting separation no matter where he plays, but his route running should help him some in that department.

Have to be a crisp route runner to make up for lack of speed that is for damn sure.

If you are smart and a crisp route runner you can make it in the NFL as a WR.

From what you are saying sounds like Sorenson might be able to make it if he has these things.

(05-10-2022, 12:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm also a Buckeye fan, but I wasn't big on Teague at OSU.  Dude had 4 years to grab the featured back role, and never could break through as he was always getting upstaged by the next in line.  Part of the reason for that is his game has no sizzle, no juice, nothing exciting about him being in the game.  He can run straight ahead when the holes are there, but not much else.

Sure has a cool name ole Master Teague but I guess that is about it eh?

Not a Buckeye fan here so I didn't really get to watch much of him and when I did see Teague he never made an impression.

(05-10-2022, 01:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's move past Buckeye fandom talk and show love for the Miami-hopeful-Bengal connection. Cool

[Image: sorensen.png]

Rock On
Reply/Quote
UDFA announced with a new name (unless I missed it).

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-16-college-free-agents

CB Allan George; 5-11, 191; Vanderbilt; Andalusia, Ala

Also signed 1 tryout player.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-cb-abu-daramy-swaray

They love their small corners. Must be a Lou preference.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
James Rapien reported that UDFA WR Kwamie Lassiter looked really good on punt returns today and had some juice (4.38 speed always helps). He's gonna make the 53 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 05:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: UDFA announced with a new name (unless I missed it).

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-16-college-free-agents

CB Allan George; 5-11, 191; Vanderbilt; Andalusia, Ala

Also signed 1 tryout player.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-cb-abu-daramy-swaray

They love their small corners. Must be a Lou preference.

Looks like Allan George has good speed in short spaces and has very good length 32 3/4 arms. Also 40 1/2 vertical. 141 career tackles 10 TFL 2 career INT's and 15 PD's
Reply/Quote