Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UDFAs
(05-05-2017, 03:29 PM)Slythe Wrote: I think Nickerson has a real shot. Flowers typically doesn't stay healthy (although I hope for the best for him) and Dawson just doesn't seem hungry from coaches impressions. Couple that with our history of UDFA LBs and Marvin's love for smart guys from football families and I think he's got it all in front of him to ball out and make the team.

Nickerson or Bell or maybe even both make the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 03:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol I still call him that all the time! Wink.

PFF has completely bastardised their grades, to make them more, "user-friendly," but their context is dreadful and the site has become just like all the others.

I'll never go back to them and their status are also bad now too.

Ah thanks, I was actually considering joining them this year. But now I will pass.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I was hoping we'd bring in Gunner Kiel. I think after the injuries and Tuberville screwing him there's still a pretty good talent there.

I agree with you. He has the talent, just was in some bad situations, would be interesting to see how he could develop as the PS QB. I'm kinda surprised no teams brought him in.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 07:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ah thanks, I was actually considering joining them this year. But now I will pass.

Oh, by all means, if you feel good about it, go for it!

Its just that the way things were, there was context to their grading, their unique stats were very useful and everything was more streamlined and unique.

Now that they've devolved and become a bunch of just nonsense grades (why was Ogbuehi a 44.7? Give me some context behind this random number) that average out, instead of being cumulative (which gives a better breakdown into play by play), it makes things even more subjective than before.

And, the fact that everyone and their mother is now talking about/using them, their price has now shot up to 4x what it used to be, for less (and more subjective) numbers.

For me, not worth it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 10:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh, by all means, if you feel good about it, go for it!

Its just that the way things were, there was context to their grading, their unique stats were very useful and everything was more streamlined and unique.

Now that they've devolved and become a bunch of just nonsense grades (why was Ogbuehi a 44.7? Give me some context behind this random number) that average out, instead of being cumulative (which gives a better breakdown into play by play), it makes things even more subjective than before.

And, the fact that everyone and their mother is now talking about/using them, their price has now shot up to 4x what it used to be, for less (and more subjective) numbers.

For me, not worth it.

What do you use now?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 11:36 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: What do you use now?

Nothing, lol.

I'm not worried about that right now though: life is more important, at this point.

Thus, I may get back into the advanced metrics game, in the near future Wink
Reply/Quote
I hope Nickerson really earns it and doesn't get a spot out of loyalty (unless there was just no one else better).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
After studying up i really like Landon Lechler, lots of talent and production in college. He was just at a small school.

Kent Perkins is that road grading Guard like the guy lots of us wanted in Isaac Asiata.

Brandon Bell could squeak onto the team, good linebacker here, could be a future Vinny Rey type for us, never know.

Boom Williams has great in game speed, great practice squad guy for us in case of injury to Gio.
Reply/Quote
I'm excited about Nickerson

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 10:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh, by all means, if you feel good about it, go for it!

For me, not worth it.

Did you get an email about how they "listened to their customers" over the last year and they're changing and streamlining what they do?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: After studying up i really like Landon Lechler, lots of talent and production in college. He was just at a small school.

Kent Perkins is that road grading Guard like the guy lots of us wanted in Isaac Asiata.

Brandon Bell could squeak onto the team, good linebacker here, could be a future Vinny Rey type for us, never know.

Boom Williams has great in game speed, great practice squad guy for us in case of injury to Gio.

I have hopes Boom cracks the roster, or at least makes the practice squad. If Gio's knee can't go 100%, Boom is the closest to his type of runner on this roster, and is a home run threat any time he touches the ball.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 11:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you get an email about how they "listened to their customers" over the last year and they're changing and streamlining what they do?

Nope. Probably because I didn't sign up last year Wink.

The unique numbers were good and all, but with the grades, they had a FANTASTIC system, even if nobody agreed with it (on here, anyways). Going to averages and numbers up to 100, just screams of de-evolution.

Glad you're still keeping up with them, Faulk, 'cause I haven't been there in ages.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have hopes Boom cracks the roster, or at least makes the practice squad. If Gio's knee can't go 100%, Boom is the closest to his type of runner on this roster, and is a home run threat any time he touches the ball.

It is possible. Gio hasn't been the same since that hit against the Steelers in the Playoff game, Hill has been sucking
it up, Peerman is getting older etc. It is not like we are stacked here anymore. Boom could at the very least make the
Practice Squad. ST's will tell this story.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 10:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nope. Probably because I didn't sign up last year Wink.

The unique numbers were good and all, but with the grades, they had a FANTASTIC system, even if nobody agreed with it (on here, anyways). Going to averages and numbers up to 100, just screams of de-evolution.

Glad you're still keeping up with them, Faulk, 'cause I haven't been there in ages.

After the first change...when they had been giving access to the premium stats and then changed it...i re-upped without looking at things and then realized what a mistake it was. I sent them a rather mean-spirited email about how much i thought the changes sucked and what i thought about them. 

A while after that, for shiz-n-giggs i requested a quote to those stats, on the new setup. I told you about that last year...some ridiculous number like $1500.00. 

Well, last October, i went ahead and paid for the cheapest of what they had just so i could get access to the grades. 

If you want, i can forward the email to you so you can see what they're doing. Just shoot me a PM and i can C/P or forward it to you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote