Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Win
Since I havent seen it yet - I'm just going to say it. That sucked. Outside of Mixon carrying the load, and the F man making a big play at the end - that sucked. Oline cant get it done. The awsome pass rush that they we're supposed to - cant get it done. 85% of the game this team was on its heals. Green turning it over - ugh! The colts (especially their o line) were supposed to be middle of the road at best, A d-lineman the Bengals cut because he just wasnt good enough - goes off. All I can say is thank goodness for Mixon and FJ. 6 and 10 here they come. Setup for another prime time let down. Does the groundhog day never end?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wasn't ugly at all.

I'll admit that they needed a second wind after the first half, but that second half was EXACTLY what we saw in the preseason.

Line was fine; 2 sacks, not too many pressures and almost 6 YPC for Mixon? They were fine.

Overreacting a bit.

EDIT: We absolutely kicked ass the second half; look at the yards, 3rd down conversions, points scored, etc.

We'll be more than fine.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin = Chuck Bresnahan 2.0.

The D is going to be a major problem until he's gone. That was the softest base D one could imagine. They literally played prevent D all game long (i.e. Bresnahan). Chunky got by on some miraculous turnovers in 2005, we can only hope that continues for Austin. Otherwise, we are in major trouble.

#ThirdAndTeryl
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wasn't ugly at all.

I'll admit that they needed a second win after the first half, but that second half was EXACTLY what we saw in the preseason.

Line was fine; 2 sacks, not too many pressures and almost 6 YPC for Mixon? They were fine.

Overreacting a bit

I thought the 1st half was ugly. AJ had the butterfingers, and we couldn’t stop them on 3rd downs.

They looked MUCH better in the 2nd half.

Reply/Quote
Here's a silver lining...

They just beat Andrew Luck on the road. And Luck looked good.

They brought in a new defensive coordinator to cause more turnovers. They forced two and ultimately those two won them the game.

They actually ran the ball effectively.

The offense made big plays

The offensive line looked good outside of RT.

The defensive line didn't allow Luck to throw downfield. Everything was short. Not every QB is going to be as good as Luck at doing that

They showed grit. Bad turnovers, bad penalties. And yet the stormed back. Loved seeing Dre on the sideline cheering the offense on.

Remember the opener last year?
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of people took Lucks average yard per target being half what it used to be during the preseason as a sign he was scared to go down field, but in fact it looks to be their new game plan. They are letting Luck process things and get the ball out quick. Those kind of offenses are hard to stop, you kind of need them to make mistakes which they did in the second half.

After a rough start the offense started playing better. Mixon had a career day and has me feeling a lot better about the running game. O Line still a concern but Price specifically better in the second half. All in all I think the Colts will be better than people think this year.
Reply/Quote
Since you haven't seen it some context may help.

The biggest issues today were Hart being totally owned by everyone at RT and the DL took a LONG time to start getting pressure. Price had one bad play but after that delivered the goods, and indeed whenever they ran left it was good. Andy was sharp overall and unlike prior years this team gutted it up when down and reeled off 17 unanswered points to get into the lead. In the second half no less.
Reply/Quote
Now I am wondering what the op's reaction would be if they had lost.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The defense could have had probably 4 turnovers today if they could catch or turned to look at the ball at all. Was disappointed with Jackson after all the talk he got from people on the board this preseason.

The Dline looked terrible today. Luck is going to rack of completions when he can sit there for 3-4 seconds and wait for someone to get open.
Reply/Quote

I'll admit that they needed a second win after the first half, but that second half was EXACTLY what we saw in the preseason.

Overreacting a bit

Hunt had 2 sacks. As Lap called it on the radio , he only had 2.5 all last year. One of the two was in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Since you haven't seen it some context may help.

The biggest issues today were Hart being totally owned by everyone at RT and the DL took a LONG time to start getting pressure. Price had one bad play but after that delivered the goods, and indeed whenever they ran left it was good. Andy was sharp overall and unlike prior years this team gutted it up when down and reeled off 17 unanswered points to get into the lead. In the second half no less.

Exactly. The only thing ugly about today's game was our Right Tackle. (and AJ had an off day)
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Teryl Austin = Chuck Bresnahan 2.0.

The D is going to be a major problem until he's gone. That was the softest base D one could imagine. They literally played prevent D all game long (i.e. Bresnahan). Chunky got by on some miraculous turnovers in 2005, we can only hope that continues for Austin. Otherwise, we are in major trouble.

#ThirdAndTeryl

No they ran zone, it doesn’t make it prevent. The issue was the Colts were sitting in the gaps and playing it well. I would have liked o see more press man but when we went Man Luck checked and exposed linebacker match ups that are hard for any Lb to handle (TEs running across the field without help). They went for a dunk and dunk offense and with Luck that will be hard for anyone to stop.
Reply/Quote
We beat Baltimore and we are 2-0 in 1st
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought the 1st half was ugly. AJ had the butterfingers, and we couldn’t stop them on 3rd downs.

They looked MUCH better in the 2nd half.

Oh yeah, big time.

I edited my first post; they needed to get their feet under them, cohesively.

Pass rush was superb second half, after being ho-hum in the first half.

(09-09-2018, 06:09 PM)Brimey Wrote: Here's a silver lining...

They just beat Andrew Luck on the road. And Luck looked good.

They brought in a new defensive coordinator to cause more turnovers. They forced two and ultimately those two won them the game.

They actually ran the ball effectively.

The offense made big plays

The offensive line looked good outside of RT.

The defensive line didn't allow Luck to throw downfield. Everything was short. Not every QB is going to be as good as Luck at doing that

They showed grit. Bad turnovers, bad penalties. And yet the stormed back. Loved seeing Dre on the sideline cheering the offense on.

Remember the opener last year?

Still don't think Hart was as bad as everyone is making him out to be.

He won't give up 2 sacks a game and he won't slip and fall on every sack either (I know, the first one he didn't slip).
Reply/Quote
That was an ugly win.
- Still can't cover mid crossing routes
- Our linebackers still aren't good besides Burfict
- Still giving up points at the end of the half
- Dumb plays by our team Captains, Williams getting ejected, Green with 2 fumbles and a dropped TD
- I was looking forward to seeing Billings play, didn't even notice him. I think he was gassed and needs to work on conditioning, Glasgow got a ton of snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:12 PM)BengalD Wrote: Hunt had 2 sacks. As Lap called it on the radio , he only had 2.5 all last year. One of the two was in the second half.

Thank you for re-stating what I wrote :)
Reply/Quote

Overreacting a bit

It was ugly. The offensive line struggled.

On the Andy interception Billy Price was on his back and a defender was in Andy's face. There were multiple offensive line penalties and last but not least Bobby Hart was either at the bottom of the run pile or on his ass in pass protection.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I saw the game. If anything Hart was WORSE. The announcers even noticed how poorly he played and if you noticed we finally were forced to use mass protect on the right side to get time to throw.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:15 PM)lone bengal Wrote: - Dumb plays by our team Captains, Williams getting ejected, Green with 2 fumbles and a dropped TD

- I was looking forward to seeing Billings play, didn't even notice him. I think he was gassed and needs to work on conditioning, Glasgow got a ton of snaps.

Agreed on the first above one but not on the others because the Dline gave Luck all day to let people get open. As for the other one above, didnt Billings have to go off at least once because of cramps? Not sure how much that effected things. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: I saw the game. If anything Hart was WORSE. The announcers even noticed how poorly he played and if you noticed we finally were forced to use mass protect on the right side to get time to throw.

2 sacks and a holding call. That's 3 drive killing mistakes from one guy. He doesn't have to be great. But he can't be whatever that was today
Reply/Quote