Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
(04-07-2023, 10:43 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I hate this for the young man who came to Cincinnati and shed a checkered past and grew into a professional. I really don't think the charges match because we'd have known weeks ago "If" charges were warranted. Its the powers that be that try to tarnish reputations. Now I will say that this coming out now sort of makes it easier for a team to cut ties and move away before drafting a replacement in 20+ days... I'm just saying lets give Mix his due process plz before jumping to anymore conclusions outside the court of law.

Yeah I feel for him too. I was hoping to see him put it all together and have a great year at some point.
He never did. 
You can definitely blame the oline some.
But it is what it is.
The lack of success has obviously caused his mental health to spiral as otherwise none of this would have happened.
It's tough to see.

But as an organization we have to move on.
He's getting old anyway (for a RB).
And he's simply not very versatile.

I don't want to bring in another aging back.
I'd like to see the team draft one or two backs this year.

Right now without Mixon it's our weakest position along with tight end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I suspect they have uncovered video surveillance from somewhere that implicates Mixon, or flat out shows him pointin a gun at someone.

If he is on camera pointing a gun at someone, he's gotta go. Sign Zeke to be the #2 for a year. Draft a back Rd 2 thru 5 somewhere. TE, CB, DL, RB for sure. Maybe OT early if a stud falls. Maybe 2 TEs and a punter.

Sucks because now we have another hole to fill at the draft when we didn't necessarily NEED a RB before. Or could draft a scatback rather than a bell cow.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 11:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I suspect they have uncovered video surveillance from somewhere that implicates Mixon, or flat out shows him pointin a gun at someone.

If he is on camera pointing a gun at someone, he's gotta go. Sign Zeke to be the #2 for a year. Draft a back Rd 2 thru 5 somewhere. TE, CB, DL, RB for sure. Maybe OT early if a stud falls. Maybe 2 TEs and a punter.

Sucks because now we have another hole to fill at the draft when we didn't necessarily NEED a RB before. Or could draft a scatback rather than a bell cow.

If they cut him and sign Elliot it doesn't really create a new hole or need in the draft. They have a need at RB as it stands unless you feel that Williams or Evans is ready to be the Perine change of pace guy.

I think RB is in the cards with or without Mixon and there isn't a reason to spend a high pick on one. KC found a gem in round 7. There is talent at RB in round 3, 4, and beyond. 

Just might be more interesting in trading pick 28 now and sliding into the top of round 2 and getting an extra pick, unless they can trade Jonah for that round 3 pick.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Would think Mixon would want to leave because he told the police he has gotten death threats and was in fear for his life in the nerf gun case.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 02:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would think Mixon would want to leave because he told the police he has gotten death threats and was in fear for his life in the nerf gun case.

Yeah…..I wondered about that. Is his sister and her “friend(s)” the source of these threats? Makes sense.

Still, you can’t go pulling out and waving a gun every time you get irritated, which it appears Joe does.

Either way, not good attitude for the team’s culture and he’s right at the age where running backs begin to decline.

Sad but true.

Draft one and move on.
Reply/Quote
This is a depressing chart.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 10:43 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I hate this for the young man who came to Cincinnati and shed a checkered past and grew into a professional. I really don't think the charges match because we'd have known weeks ago "If" charges were warranted. Its the powers that be that try to tarnish reputations. Now I will say that this coming out now sort of makes it easier for a team to cut ties and move away before drafting a replacement in 20+ days... I'm just saying lets give Mix his due process plz before jumping to anymore conclusions outside the court of law.

As I follow the story the investigating officer was quick to charge by using the standard "proof". But apparently, the officer didn't follow the proper supervisor notification protocol reserved for "high-profile individuals" (kiinda points to JM reportedly saying "The cops can't do anything to me"), so the police dropped the initial charges. It now appears the "proper people" have reviewed the evidence and decided charges are warranted. 

Of course, we must give JM his due process but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I'm gonna assume it's a duck. When the home shooting charges were filed I quickly asserted there was nothing there to "blame" JM, but the road rage incident was different. The home shooting was violence against a male and that's not Joe's M.O. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 09:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As I follow the story the investigating officer was quick to charge by using the standard "proof". But apparently, the officer didn't follow the proper supervisor notification protocol reserved for "high-profile individuals" (kiinda points to JM reportedly saying "The cops can't do anything to me"), so the police dropped the initial charges. It now appears the "proper people" have reviewed the evidence and decided charges are warranted. 

Of course, we must give JM his due process but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I'm gonna assume it's a duck. When the home shooting charges were filed I quickly asserted there was nothing there to "blame" JM, but the road rage incident was different. The home shooting was violence against a male and that's not Joe's M.O. 

We noticed that on Sundays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
For some that haven’t figured it out Joe is not very intelligent or have much common sense. He’s got an awful temper. On the other hand 99% of the time he’s kind and a wonderful teammate. Extremely respectful. He is a very talented football player. He’s not lacking in the physical abilities to pass block or the desire to protect Joe. He wants to excel. He’s just not very good at it.

He just can’t get out of his own way.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Let's just take out the criminal charges and look at his production

If you take out the games he missed he played 17 games including the playoffs

Mixon rushed for less than 50 yards in 8 of these games, nearly half he failed to reach 50 yards

Mixon rushed for 27 yards or less in 6 of these games. Let that sink in, over a third of the games he did not rush for over 27 yards

Mixon rushed for 65 yards or less in 12 of those games. 12 out of 17

Mixon had only 2 games where he broke the 100 yard barrier rushing, so less than 12% of his games played he achieved this goal

Add to the equation that defenses were not stacking the box to stop the run, but were solely geared toward stopping the Bengals receivers.

Mixon scored 10 TD's on 317 touches
Perine scored 7 TD's.. on 155 touches
Boyd.. scored 5 TD's.. on 58 touches

He is just not earning his $12.7 million a year regardless of the thuggish publicity he brings to the table. That's not even factoring that he can't block his way out of a saturated paper sack.

Now do expect him to run much better in a contract year but high paid RB's need to produce year in and year out.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 10:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Let's just take out the criminal charges and look at his production

Mixon rushed for less than 50 yards in 8 of these games, nearly half he failed to reach 50 yards

Mixon rushed for 27 yards or less in 6 of these games. Let that sink in, over a third of the games he did not rush for over 27 yards

Mixon had only 2 games where he broke the 100 yard barrier rushing, so less than 12% of his games played he achieved this goal

Add to the equation that defenses were not stacking the box to stop the run, but were solely geared toward stopping the Bengals receivers.

He is just not earning his $12.7 million a year regardless of the thuggish publicity he brings to the table. That's not even factoring that he can't block his way out of a saturated paper sack.

Now do expect him to run much better in a contract year but high paid RB's need to produce year in and year out.

The staff is aware of all the stats. They watch it and analyze it more than all of us. There’s the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the running backs coach, and the OL coach to fully put it in perspective. He averaged 5.0 yards a game in 5 of them. Does he eat his wheaties only those games? How about his rank as the 7th best pass receiving back? Does he only like to catch the ball? The coaches know from the analytics whether he’s getting the support from the OL. It’s a simple analytic. They didn’t shop him ever. They didn’t try to keep Perine which had they expected Mixon to be gone all they had to do was give him a little more money and tell him he’d get a shot at #1. They didn’t.

The coaches were never moving on from Joe this season. They may now. And they may have started it drafting someone this year. But he was here for ‘23
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Aggravated menacing i think is like telling the kids that were on his property that he’d shoot them I’d they didn’t leave but that doesn’t make sense if they were on his property so is it safe to assume they were slightly off his property?

Excuse me i literally have not done any research on this charge becsuse the initial reports made it seem like he didn’t do anything so i stopped caring
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 11:17 AM)Housh Wrote: Aggravated menacing i think is like telling the kids that were on his property that he’d shoot them I’d they didn’t leave but that doesn’t make sense if they were on his property so is it safe to assume they were slightly off his property?

Excuse me i literally have not done any research on this charge becsuse the initial reports made it seem like he didn’t do anything so i stopped caring

The charge is on the earlier road rage incident. And I don’t think there’s any doubt that they wouldn’t have refiled if he wasn’t guilty as sin.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 10:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Let's just take out the criminal charges and look at his production

The staff is aware of all the stats. They watch it and analyze it more than all of us. There’s the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the running backs coach, and the OL coach to fully put it in perspective. He averaged 5.0 yards a game in 5 of them. Does he eat his wheaties only those games? How about his rank as the 7th best pass receiving back? Does he only like to catch the ball? The coaches know from the analytics whether he’s getting the support from the OL. It’s a simple analytic. They didn’t shop him ever. They didn’t try to keep Perine which had they expected Mixon to be gone all they had to do was give him a little more money and tell him he’d get a shot at #1. They didn’t.

The coaches were never moving on from Joe this season. They may now. And they may have started it drafting someone this year. But he was here for ‘23

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 11:17 AM)Housh Wrote: Aggravated menacing i think is like telling the kids that were on his property that he’d shoot them I’d they didn’t leave but that doesn’t make sense if they were on his property so is it safe to assume they were slightly off his property?

If by "didn't do anything" you mean "pulled a gun and didn't use it" you are correct.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 11:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The staff is aware of all the stats. They watch it and analyze it more than all of us. There’s the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the running backs coach, and the OL coach to fully put it in perspective. He averaged 5.0 yards a game in 5 of them. Does he eat his wheaties only those games? How about his rank as the 7th best pass receiving back? Does he only like to catch the ball? The coaches know from the analytics whether he’s getting the support from the OL. It’s a simple analytic. They didn’t shop him ever. They didn’t try to keep Perine which had they expected Mixon to be gone all they had to do was give him a little more money and tell him he’d get a shot at #1. They didn’t.

A misdemeanor charge will make them move on from such a great RB ? 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 11:37 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The staff is aware of all the stats. They watch it and analyze it more than all of us. There’s the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the running backs coach, and the OL coach to fully put it in perspective. He averaged 5.0 yards a game in 5 of them. Does he eat his wheaties only those games? How about his rank as the 7th best pass receiving back? Does he only like to catch the ball? The coaches know from the analytics whether he’s getting the support from the OL. It’s a simple analytic. They didn’t shop him ever. They didn’t try to keep Perine which had they expected Mixon to be gone all they had to do was give him a little more money and tell him he’d get a shot at #1. They didn’t.

Stop with the whole insider schtick guy. You've already had to admit you don't really have any sources or connections,, just someone you know that has an opinion. So stop trying to tell us what's going on in the building or what coaches are thinking. You don't have anymore idea than anyone else on the board. 

Sorry to others if I'm coming off as a dick,, I'm just tired of this guy telling people they're wrong because of his pretend insider knowledge which he's already had to backtrack and own up to not actually having. Just tired of having to read this nonsense all the freaking time.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 02:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would think Mixon would want to leave because he told the police he has gotten death threats and was in fear for his life in the nerf gun case.

Lol you actually believe he's getting death threats? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He can surely buy his way out of this charge

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 11:37 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The staff is aware of all the stats. They watch it and analyze it more than all of us. There’s the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the running backs coach, and the OL coach to fully put it in perspective. He averaged 5.0 yards a game in 5 of them. Does he eat his wheaties only those games? How about his rank as the 7th best pass receiving back? Does he only like to catch the ball? The coaches know from the analytics whether he’s getting the support from the OL. It’s a simple analytic. They didn’t shop him ever. They didn’t try to keep Perine which had they expected Mixon to be gone all they had to do was give him a little more money and tell him he’d get a shot at #1. They didn’t.

What are you talking about? They 100% tried to bring Perine back but he chose to go to Denver. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote