Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
I remember someone saying MANY times that the Bengals told Samaje that Joe would be the guy and that's the reason he left.

Samaje has come out and said he had no idea what the Bengals were going to do with Mixon, but basically, he didn't want to stay and end up being in the same situation,,

“I felt like it was time for me to branch out and start something new, to try to make even more of a name for myself with a new program,” Perine said, via Chris Tomasson of the Denver Gazette. “I just felt it was time for me to make a name for myself wanting to do more offensively just because I didn’t know what they were going to do with Joe. Obviously, he’s still a great back. I know how it goes when you’re paying your lead guy X amount of money, so they’re going to get their work out of him, I don’t blame him. You know good stuff happens when Joe touches the ball, but I just didn’t want to get stuck in that cycle that he’s getting 75, 80, 90 percent of the touches and just stuck with leftovers on third down.”

So he didn't really know if Joe would still be the guy or not, but it would've been a gamble to stay because he could end up in the same situation, probably even if they cut Mixon and signed or drafted someone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys are wasting your time with this. The guy wont even be on the team within the next month.

He is gone once they draft his replacement on April 27th - 28th.

Whenever the Bengals cut Mixon, they will save 10 million in cap space.  There is no way they dont use the post June 1st designation if he is cut before June.  Thats an additional 3 million in cap space.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 07:24 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Whenever the Bengals cut Mixon, they will save 10 million in cap space.  There is no way they dont use the post June 1st designation if he is cut before June.  Thats an additional 3 million in cap space.

As long as they know that, they can basically operate like that money is back on the books.  That $10.3M that comes back June 1 could likely fund the rookie contracts and the ever so popular, injury settlement fund.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 07:01 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I remember someone saying MANY times that the Bengals told Samaje that Joe would be the guy and that's the reason he left.

Samaje has come out and said he had no idea what the Bengals were going to do with Mixon, but basically, he didn't want to stay and end up being in the same situation,,

“I felt like it was time for me to branch out and start something new, to try to make even more of a name for myself with a new program,” Perine said, via Chris Tomasson of the Denver Gazette. “I just felt it was time for me to make a name for myself wanting to do more offensively just because I didn’t know what they were going to do with Joe. Obviously, he’s still a great back. I know how it goes when you’re paying your lead guy X amount of money, so they’re going to get their work out of him, I don’t blame him. You know good stuff happens when Joe touches the ball, but I just didn’t want to get stuck in that cycle that he’s getting 75, 80, 90 percent of the touches and just stuck with leftovers on third down.”

So he didn't really know if Joe would still be the guy or not, but it would've been a gamble to stay because he could end up in the same situation, probably even if they cut Mixon and signed or drafted someone.

I said had they told Samaje he was their guy he’d have stayed. I stand by that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 08:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I said had they told Samaje he was their guy he’d have stayed. I stand by that.

You're too much guy.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 08:48 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: You're too much guy.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Samaje:

Obviously, he’s still a great back. I know how it goes when you’re paying your lead guy X amount of money, so they’re going to get their work out of him, I don’t blame him. You know good stuff happens when Joe touches the ball, but I just didn’t want to get stuck in that cycle that he’s getting 75, 80, 90 percent of the touches and just stuck with leftovers on third down.”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje:

Obviously, he’s still a great back. I know how it goes when you’re paying your lead guy X amount of money, so they’re going to get their work out of him, I don’t blame him. You know good stuff happens when Joe touches the ball, but I just didn’t want to get stuck in that cycle that he’s getting 75, 80, 90 percent of the touches and just stuck with leftovers on third down.”

Sooner: They told Samaje that Joe was going to be the #1 and that's why he left.

Samaje: I didn’t know what they were going to do with Joe.

Sooner: I said had they told Samaje he was their guy he’d have stayed. I stand by that.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:15 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Sooner: They told Samaje that Joe was going to be the #1 and that's why he left.

Samaje: I didn’t know what they were going to do with Joe.

Sooner: I said had they told Samaje he was their guy he’d have stayed. I stand by that.

LOL

And I modified that they told him he’d still be in his same role which is basically the same. Again I stand by my premise that if Samaje had been given the impression he’d be the number 1 guy he’d have stayed and they’d not let him get away. If anything Samaje’s statement bolsters what I said.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And I modified that they told him he’d still be in his same role which is basically the same. Again I stand by my premise that if Samaje had been given the impression he’d be the number 1 guy he’d have stayed and they’d not let him get away. If anything Samaje’s statement bolsters what I said.

By modifying do you mean going back and deleting a bunch of posts like Goose pointed out?  Smirk

I just don't see what you get out of this stuff,, keep throwing out these statements like they're fact, then have to change them, back track, delete and all while telling other people THEY'RE wrong. lol 

I mean look how far you've had to backpedal,, from saying you have a connection with information to it's really just someone you know that has an opinion. I used kind of feel bad for you, but now it's just weird.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:45 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: By modifying do you mean going back and deleting a bunch of posts like Goose pointed out?  Smirk

I just don't see what you get out of this stuff,, keep throwing out these statements like they're fact, then have to change them, back track, delete and all while telling other people THEY'RE wrong. lol 

I mean look how far you've had to backpedal,, from saying you have a connection with information to it's really just someone you know that has an opinion. I used kind of feel bad for you, but now it's just weird.

It’s an opinion by someone yes. A very important opinion. But his opinion was in regards to Joe Mixon’s status on the team going forward from day one. Like I said this person’s opinion is golden in my book. But it’s an opinion because until the first game starts it’s still just an opinion unless the head coach or management make a statement or he’s told. But the coaching staff or management aren’t going to tell them he’s leaving or staying if they haven’t decided or it’s evolving. But at the time of Samaje leaving at that time this person’s opinion was 100% Joe wasn’t going to be cut. Obviously recent refiling of charges has changed things. But based on what I learned today it’s going to be hard to make the charges stick. But regardless his situation has worsened.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s an opinion by someone yes. A very important opinion. But his opinion was in regards to Joe Mixon’s status on the team going forward from day one. Like I said this person’s opinion is golden in my book. But it’s an opinion because until the first game starts it’s still just an opinion unless the head coach or management make a statement or he’s told. But the coaching staff or management aren’t going to tell them he’s leaving or staying if they haven’t decided or it’s evolving. But at the time of Samaje leaving at that time this person’s opinion was 100% Joe wasn’t going to be cut. Obviously recent refiling of charges has changed things. But based on what I learned today it’s going to be hard to make the charges stick. But regardless his situation has worsened.

Not only that, but Joe was still under contract for at least another year. One could guess that with Joe's age he'd likely sign another deal, probably an extension and in the mean time, Perine would still be the 3rd down guy as Joe's the #1. Then Perine is stuck for another few years and wasting his prime to be a spot starter/3rd down guy. With what Perine said, it's clear he wants a shot to be THE MAN, not the role he's doing in Cincinnati. 

Not overly sure why people have such a hard time understanding things. 

Everyone else's argument seems to be based on that JM will be cut. I'm not really sure what Bengals team you are following, but the Bengals model is to usually let their starters finish their contracts, barring unusual circumstances.

Then the usual off seasons, if they are planning to cut a player they typically do it as early as possible so the player can land with another team. So based on their past, if JM's not cut yet, then he's likely not going to get cut and will finish his contract. 

As far as i can tell, the Bengals haven't really deviated from that yet. 

EDIT:
Anyways, his source isn't telling us anything that most of us can't figure out. It's just not what most of you want to hear.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as they know that, they can basically operate like that money is back on the books.  That $10.3M that comes back June 1 could likely fund the rookie contracts and the ever so popular, injury settlement fund.

You do know that all of the cap projections already have the rookie contracts counted in them. Injury settlement fund has no bearing on the cap.

We have over 16 million in cap space which includes our 7 draft picks (picks are now slotted so they can be included in projected cap space). Gp to Spotrac for example and click on any team and scroll down, it breaks down cap spend for that year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s an opinion by someone yes. A very important opinion. But his opinion was in regards to Joe Mixon’s status on the team going forward from day one. Like I said this person’s opinion is golden in my book. But it’s an opinion because until the first game starts it’s still just an opinion unless the head coach or management make a statement or he’s told. But the coaching staff or management aren’t going to tell them he’s leaving or staying if they haven’t decided or it’s evolving. But at the time of Samaje leaving at that time this person’s opinion was 100% Joe wasn’t going to be cut. Obviously recent refiling of charges has changed things. But based on what I learned today it’s going to be hard to make the charges stick. But regardless his situation has worsened.

Just stop 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just stop 

Why? We put up with your opinion as well? so he's entitled to his.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:37 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why? We put up with your opinion as well? so he's entitled to his.

Sure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Guy, you're the one who said the Bengals TOLD Samaje that Joe was going to be the #1. You said that. Now you're saying of course they wouldn't tell him because they don't know. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:37 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why? We put up with your opinion as well? so he's entitled to his.

My opinion is that I'm just going to make up some nonsense that makes zero sense because it's much better than being dead wrong 100% of the time. Nobody takes my opinions serious anyway. Just you wait and see. They're going to trade Burrow, Chase and Higgins for unlimited 7th round picks and Mixon and Williams for a hot melt glue stick!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 11:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You do know that all of the cap projections already have the rookie contracts counted in them. Injury settlement fund has no bearing on the cap.

We have over 16 million in cap space which includes our 7 draft picks (picks are now slotted so they can be included in projected cap space). Gp to Spotrac for example and click on any team and scroll down, it breaks down cap spend for that year.

Spotrac states this on the page under the Projected Draft Pool Cap heading, "Estimated cap dollars necessary to sign upcoming draft picks (not included in the cap figure yet)".  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:25 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: Guy, you're the one who said the Bengals TOLD Samaje that Joe was going to be the #1. You said that. Now you're saying of course they wouldn't tell him because they don't know. LOL

I said that they told him his role was not changing. So I’m essence yes they did.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 06:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: My opinion is that I'm just going to make up some nonsense that makes zero sense because it's much better than being dead wrong 100% of the time. Nobody takes my opinions serious anyway. Just you wait and see. They're going to trade Burrow, Chase and Higgins for unlimited 7th round picks and Mixon and Williams for a hot melt glue stick!  

I think you should get rid of those glue sticks before permanent damage occurs
Reply/Quote