Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while
(09-16-2018, 10:44 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Lets see how bad the knee is after he goes under the knife from a quack.The cut back was after the so called injury.

Again, you realize it's not the Bengals doctors who do the surgery right? People are able to play on injuries all of the time. Just because he played after hurting it doesn't mean he should keep playing on it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief...…. you do realize, do you not, that the team doctors are not the doctors that do surgeries on players, right? They go to the best in the nation.....

Also, look up hospital, surgical, and medical rankings. Cincinnati has some of the best hospitals and medical practices in the world. We are blessed to live in a city with the medical talent we have.
Reply/Quote
The surgeon needs to be vetted to make sure he is not a fan of any other division rival. Pray Pray Pray
They could sabotage his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:15 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: I've said this for a long time but no additional bye week is needed.

While it would be tough to do from a scheduling perspective, it COULD be done ...

Since there are 32 teams, that means 16 Thursday games. The NFL could schedule Thursday doubleheaders (like they do for MNF early in the season) starting in week 4 (for the teams that have a week 3 bye). If they scheduled it that way, there would be 8 doubleheaders from week 4 thru week 9, with a skip of week 10 then 2 Thursday games for Thanksgiving and one more Thursday doubleheader and we're done with them.

The only "flaw" with doing it that way is that eastern (and central) time zone Thursday games would need to be played at about 6 pm eastern time and some at 9:30 pm eastern time (because there are fewer mountain and pacific time zone teams).

The other flaw, in the eyes of the NFL, is that they're leaving money on the table for week 1 through 3, 10, and 12-16. Why have 10 additional nights of football when you can have 17 (from a financial perspective)?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:44 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: When that doctor causes your player to lose 6 or more games for something that could of been done in the off season he is a quack...

Ah, so you're more concerned with him missing 6 games than for his overall health. That explains it.....
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:44 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: When that doctor causes your player to lose 6 or more games for something that could of been done in the off season he is a quack...

A cut and paste from hobspins story on the Bengals page …

It’s believed the surgery is this weekend with the next game in Carolina in nine days. The report is unclear how long he’ll be out. That’s because it won’t be known until Mixon starts working after the surgery when they’ll know how he’ll respond.  Indications are the club doesn’t think the MRI results show anything major, but there’s always an unknown until the surgeon sees inside the knee. The speculation is a couple of weeks, but that’s all it is.

It is unclear how long this player will be out ...A player that stopped on a dime cut back reversed field for a 21 yard gain in a NFL game with some pretty fast defenders on the field. Most likely nothing major wrong with the knee by the way he ran on it and by the MRI. Lets see how bad the knee is after he goes under the knife from a quack.The cut back was after the so called injury.

So, it's a lie?  SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I know it's probably surprising to some of you, but doctors aren't fortune tellers. The human body is kind of complex and unpredictable things happen. Good and bad.  I've had hep-c for over 20 years and out of the blue it just disappeared right as I thought I was done for.. Same thing happened with my thyroid. I was having all kinds of problems with both and in the past year both have self healed without any treatment. On the other hand (legs actually ) I've done nothing but lose strength in both legs and my hip . What do I get from docs? "I dunno .. Gee, it's a mystery!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

No he isn't.  Eifert would have been better off if he healed without surgery.  That is why they made the decision to wait. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't.  Eifert would have been better off if he healed without surgery.  That is why they made the decision to wait. 

This was covered ad nauseam from the time of the surgery and throughout last season.  MULTIPLE sports doctors all stated on the record that the course of events was the proper treatment; allow it to rest and heal on it's own and ONLY do surgery if it doesn't respond to rest and rehab.  Reason being?  To surgically repair it requires cutting the remaining tendons from the bone and reattaching all of them, which carries an inherent risk in doing so.
Reply/Quote
I haven't looked over the whole 5 page thread, but what's the latest? I've heard 2-4 weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's still 2 weeks Shake - BTW you can update your sig as we played another Primetime game!
Reply/Quote
There are only a few ways to live without Joe Mixon:

1. Give Giovani Bernard more snaps

2. Introduce Tra Carson to the NFL

3. Anyone have the cell number for LeVeon Bell’s agent?

4. Become one-dimensional and pass more.

Whatever Cincinnati does they better not rush Joe Mixon back into the lineup. The Bengals can run behind this offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:19 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Also, look up hospital, surgical, and medical rankings. Cincinnati has some of the best hospitals and medical practices in the world. We are blessed to live in a city with the medical talent we have.

Yep.  That's why I was flown to University Hospital in Cincinnati the night of the wreck.  The paramedics and cops that got to the wreck first told my friends that I was already dead once they got me out of the cemetery and to the helicopter, so I'm obviously lucky that University Hospital is one of the best in the world.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 06:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are only a few ways to live without Joe Mixon:

1.  Give Giovani Bernard more snaps

2.  Introduce Tra Carson to the NFL

3.  Anyone have the cell number for LeVeon Bell’s agent?

4.  Become one-dimensional and pass more.

Whatever Cincinnati does they better not rush Joe Mixon back into the lineup.  The Bengals can run behind this offensive line.

I'll opt for #s 1 & 2. Carson has looked good each of the past 2 pre-seasons. Let's see what he can do against some #1 on D. Gio's no slouch. So long as our D is 100% healthy, I think we'll be fine. Not sure how much we'll miss MJ. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 06:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are only a few ways to live without Joe Mixon:

1.  Give Giovani Bernard more snaps

2.  Introduce Tra Carson to the NFL

3.  Anyone have the cell number for LeVeon Bell’s agent?

4.  Become one-dimensional and pass more.

Whatever Cincinnati does they better not rush Joe Mixon back into the lineup.  The Bengals can run behind this offensive line.

1 and 2 will be the plan but some of those big runs we have had is when there is no hole and Mixon reverses the other way and makes something happen. 

We can get by without Mixon for a few, but it will take a team effort. 

and love Gio and Carson, but neither are a special back like Mixon imo. Yet still formidable. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
1 week they said
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's still 2 weeks Shake - BTW you can update your sig as we played another Primetime game!

Thanks, and done!  :andy:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 09:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1 week they said

Just missing one week (week meaning game) since we've already played this week?
Reply/Quote
Im not worried.

Do you know that Mixon has now rushed the ball 15 or more times in 8 games so far. And has only exceeded 100 yards in just one of those games, which also is his only 100+ yard rushing game so far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief...…. you do realize, do you not, that the team doctors are not the doctors that do surgeries on players, right? They go to the best in the nation.....

(09-16-2018, 11:07 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Again, you realize it's not the Bengals doctors who do the surgery right? People are able to play on injuries all of the time. Just because he played after hurting it doesn't mean he should keep playing on it. 
They’re hoping it only takes a couple of weeks. It’s going on five days since Bengals head physician Marc Galloway performed the hour-long arthroscopy to repair what Mixon called “a slightly torn meniscus.” Indications are the procedure went so smoothly the Bengals can’t remember a scope coming back so cleanly. But even though he was in and out, it was still traumatic for Mixon since it was his first surgery.

http://www.cincinnatisportsmed.com/bengals-select-dr-marc-galloway-as-head-team-physician/

Same quack....Drops the mic
Reply/Quote