Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while
(09-14-2018, 07:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Put this in other thread but should have put it here.

We need to baby this Mixon injury imo.

Last time i remember hearing about a quick come back from arthroscopic on the knee for a Bengal was Burfict.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11785004/vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-likely-miss-2-games-undergoing-arthroscopic-knee-surgery

He needed microfracture surgery after that season...

Gio is super solid. Tre has always looked good. W
And we used a valuable pick for a guy who was supposedly great value.

Sucks. We could use Mixon. But its a long season. Let it get right

Couldn't agree more. When The player AND the Team want to get a second opinion, that usually means the initial diagnosis and recommendation for treatment involve multiple options.

After the first two games, this Team has a chance for at least playoffs this season and more importantly, for 2-3 more seasons.

So if the quick fix option jeopardizes long term objectives for this season and the future, I wouldn't want that course of action.

See RGIII.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carson is going to get some work. Gio is not a 20 carry a game guy.

Reply/Quote
4 RBs on the roster and they let him limp out there. Sheesh. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:05 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 4 RBs on the roster and they let him limp out there. Sheesh. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24677447/joe-mixon-cincinnati-bengals-procedure-knee-miss-two-weeks

Could be worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Put this in other thread but should have put it here.

We need to baby this Mixon injury imo.

Last time i remember hearing about a quick come back from arthroscopic on the knee for a Bengal was Burfict.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11785004/vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-likely-miss-2-games-undergoing-arthroscopic-knee-surgery

He needed microfracture surgery after that season...

Gio is super solid. Tre has always looked good. W
And we used a valuable pick for a guy who was supposedly great value.

Sucks. We could use Mixon. But its a long season. Let it get right

If he needed microfracture the arthroscopic had nothing to do with it. My guess is they were trying a quick fix to avoid the larger fix. This appears to be a quick shave down. It’s a pretty common and minimally invasive surgery.
Reply/Quote
Gio can carry the load for 2 games. He's done it before. Carson will get some touches as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: If he needed microfracture the arthroscopic had nothing to do with it. My guess is they were trying a quick fix to avoid the larger fix. This appears to be a quick shave down. It’s a pretty common and minimally invasive surgery.

I just had my knee scoped Wednesday and I've been up walking around on it all day. Now could I play in a football game, no. But I'm 45, not 20 something. If it's just a clean out it will only take about 2 weeks for him to play and about 4 to really feel fully recovered. 

By the way, mine was a miniscus tear. My fourth in 10 years. 2 in each knee. Years of hard sports and extra weight don't blend well together. For all you youngsters out there I've always said it's not the years that make you feel old, but the pounds. Watch your intake or you may be just like me.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:48 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/report-joe-mixon-may-need-knee-scope/

"Bengals running back Joe Mixon was able to return to Thursday night’s game after hurting his knee and his 84 yards helped the team move to 2-0, but he may not be able to take part in Cincinnati’s next game.

NFL Media reports that the Bengals fear Mixon needs to have arthroscopic surgery to repair the injury he suffered on Thursday night. Mixon is headed for a second opinion before deciding on any course of action, however.

Until that decision is made, there’s not going to be a clear idea of how long it will be until Mixon’s able to return to action. The Bengals are in Carolina and Atlanta the next two weeks before returning home for games with the Dolphins and Steelers.

Giovani Bernard, fourth-round pick Mark Walton and Tra Carson are the other backs on the 53-man roster in Cincinnati.

The Bengals are also expected to be without defensive end Michael Johnson for the next few weeks. Johnson sprained his MCL in Thursday’s win."

Damn, this sucks, dude was playing great for us. But still, happy we have Gio and Carson, very good RB's to get us through.

Gio is a starter anyways, still don't like that we kept Walton over Brian Hill even if i really love Walton's story.

Brian Hill was our best RB in Preseason IMO.
Reply/Quote
Guess we'll get to see what Walton can do.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, this sucks, dude was playing great for us. But still, happy we have Gio and Carson, very good RB's to get us through.

Gio is a starter anyways, still don't like that we kept Walton over Brian Hill even if i really love Walton's story.

Brian Hill was our best RB in Preseason IMO.

This news is bad, Nate. But not terrible.

Unless it turns out to be a ligament issue, it's manageable.

I really think Walton will surprise us.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Cute-Praying-Animal-Pictures-20.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Gio is more than capable of carrying this load. Gets way less credit than he should. Dude is awesome.

Reply/Quote
Could be a blessing in disguise. Running backs take a beating during a 16 game schedule, Mixon could stay a little fresher down the home stretch and into possible playoff games. Better to happen now rather than later, let's just hope he can stay healthy after this hiccup.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is anyone getting the Eifert vibe from Joe?

Guess Price, MJ, William's, and Dre are giving it off too.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:00 PM)pally Wrote:

This is the report referred to by PFT
He needs to get a second opinion since the team doctors are quacks that will screw his knee and career up if you let them cut him open. This is why Eifert has missed most of his career the doctors. Hmmmm we are a different team with Eifert in the game so what happens doctors cut him open....That was years ago but same thing happening again with Joe we are a different team with Joe in the game so the docs want to cut him open. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon is expected to be out two weeks, per Schefter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1040711494055481347?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Anyone have any idea if that means 2 weeks from the time of the surgery (so really only 1 game) or two weeks worth of games? Could be a big difference only missing him for one. 
Reply/Quote
Why did they even put him back in the game? Anyone know what's going on with Price?
Reply/Quote
I mean it sucks Joe's out but I like seeing guys like Tra and Walton come in and see how they do. May have a diamond in the rough and not even know it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I mean it sucks Joe's out but I like seeing guys like Tra and Walton come in and see how they do. May have a diamond in the rough and not even know it.

Very true. Good outings only create stronger players and a desire to fuel each other to be the best.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:03 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Anyone have any idea if that means 2 weeks from the time of the surgery (so really only 1 game) or two weeks worth of games? Could be a big difference only missing him for one. 

Likely both. If he isn’t cleared for another two weeks, he wouldn’t be back practicing until the Friday before the game. They’d likely keep him out and have him back against Miami.
Reply/Quote