Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Unpresidented" Exodus from NSC
Apparently I am not the only one worried about the impending  foreign policy disaster that is the Trump presidency.

White House faces exodus of foreign policy experts ahead of Trump's arrival
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/18/national-security-council-exodus-foreign-policy-michael-flynn

An unusual number of the National Security Council’s more junior officials are looking to depart, amid concerns about incoming adviser Michael Flynn. The White House is struggling to prevent a crippling exodus of foreign policy staffers eager to leave before the arrival of the Trump administration, according to current and former officials.

The top level officials in the National Security Council (NSC) are political appointees who have to submit resignations and leave in a normal transition. The rest of the 400 NSC staff are career civil servants on secondment from other departments. An unusual number of these more junior officials are now looking to depart.

“Career people are looking get out and go back to their agencies and pressure is being put on them to get them to stay. There is concern there will be a half-empty NSC by the time the new administration arrives, which no one wants,” said one official.

The official added that the “landing team” sent to the NSC – Trump representatives who are supposed to prepare for the handover to Trump appointees – have been focused on issues of process and how the office functions, rather than issues of substance involving an explanation of current national security threats and the state of the world the new administration will inherit.

“An understaffed White House is one potential risk right now and another is having a team that hasn’t had the substantive briefing they need from the current team for the handoff,” Smith said.

What could be making these people nervous?  Meanwhile, in other news--

'Unpresidented' Trump tweet on China sets off deluge of mockery
https://www.yahoo.com/news/unpresidented-trump-tweet-china-sets-off-deluge-mockery-143005389.html

Trump Says He Doesn't Need Daily Intelligence Briefings That Say 'Same Thing' Every Day
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-daily-intelligence-briefings-thing-day/story?id=44122887

Trump aides ask of Russian meddling: Does it matter?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-aides-push-back-suggestions-russian-meddling-174025754--election.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
well trump does know more about everything than everyone
People suck
(12-20-2016, 09:49 AM)Griever Wrote: well trump does know more about everything than everyone
people criticize him for saying that, but let me ask you this: Have you ever lost nearly $1 billion but gotten to keep the company you started from a modest $1 million loan that you bankrupted a couple times?

face it, trump is smarter than all of us. The most I ever lost on bad investments was a $40 subscription to USA today before I realized they put all their news on the internet for free.
We will not be "unpresidented", until January 20th.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Sounds like a Facebook status. If I did Facebook.
(12-20-2016, 10:31 AM)Benton Wrote: face it, trump is smarter than all of us. The most I ever lost on bad investments was a $40 subscription to USA today before I realized they put all their news on the internet for free.

I lost a $2 investment on the lottery.

Dam fixed lottery!!!  Pissed
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-20-2016, 10:31 AM)Benton Wrote: people criticize him for saying that, but let me ask you this: Have you ever lost nearly $1 billion but gotten to keep the company you started from a modest $1 million loan that you bankrupted a couple times?

face it, trump is smarter than all of us. The most I ever lost on bad investments was a $40 subscription to USA today before I realized they put all their news on the internet for free.

Apparently those "smarts" don't translate into the public sector very well.

Also, I am not convinced I would do badly if I had Trump's start, his father to bail me out, etc. You can pay people to figure things out for you, etc.  
(12-20-2016, 10:31 AM)Benton Wrote: people criticize him for saying that, but let me ask you this: Have you ever lost nearly $1 billion but gotten to keep the company you started from a modest $1 million loan that you bankrupted a couple times?

He is smarter than anyone who pays taxes.
(12-20-2016, 04:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Apparently those "smarts" don't translate into the public sector very well.

Also, I am not convinced I would do badly if I had Trump's start, his father to bail me out, etc. You can pay people to figure things out for you, etc.  

My grandfather owned a pretty successful business for a few decades. He was always trying to talk me into going out on my own. Biggest piece of advice: find the best guy you can to do your taxes. It doesn't matter how much he charges, pay it. If he's really that good, it doesn't matter how bad your off years are, he'll keep you floating.

Trump, I think, listens to the same advice.
(12-20-2016, 04:53 AM)Dill Wrote: Apparently I am not the only one worried about the impending  foreign policy disaster that is the Trump presidency.

...and here i was thinking you were the only one. Thanks for the update.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Trump is the man.  It's just a damn shame he wasn't born in a trailer park to alcoholic dumbass parents with no money so his inevitable rise to being one of the richest guys in the country would be even more inspiring.