Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(04-15-2022, 02:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I was wondering but, either way, it's still pretty bad-ass! 

Forget being a different team because this looks like an entirely different franchise!

I'm LOVING our likelihood to win multiple Super Bowls in the upcoming years, especially if the salary cap goes up and we can keep all our weapons and add more!

Yep. A lot of it is about having a good roster that gets to the playoffs every year. Then law of averages kicks in.

Man the AFC is tough though. I'm pretty excited to watch the next season.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 07:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. A lot of it is about having a good roster that gets to the playoffs every year. Then law of averages kicks in.

Man the AFC is tough though. I'm pretty excited to watch the next season.

The AFC is definitely tough but, like I've said, with Burrow, Chase, and our other weapons, we can play with anyone, especially if our defense shows up.

I think the Titans, Chiefs, and Bills could all be tough and possibly the only teams that have a chance to keep up with us in high scoring games.

Like I said, I think it comes down to how well our defense plays. If they can even just slow those teams down, I feel like we can be the best in the AFC. 

I think teams will be intimidated to play us!
Reply/Quote
This has always cracked me up. The indoor practice facility has always been a bigger deal to the sportswriters and fans than it has the players. But yea!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This has always cracked me up. The indoor practice facility has always been a bigger deal to the sportswriters and fans than it has the players. But yea!

For fans, I think it is a simple matter of pride. People want the team they cheer for to have all the nice stuff that other teams do. I like the Bengals. I want the elite QB, cool uniforms, a nice stadium, championship banners, elite amenities even though I won't use them, and so forth and so forth. Give the team I like all the best things!  Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 09:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For fans, I think it is a simple matter of pride. People want the team they cheer for to have all the nice stuff that other teams do. I like the Bengals. I want the elite QB, cool uniforms, a nice stadium, championship banners, elite amenities even though I won't use them, and so forth and so forth. Give the team I like all the best things!  Who Dey

as a fan i couldnt care less if they have a practice bubble or not lol... .   
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and Carson will probably still find a way to whine and pretend this org isn't vastly different than it was in 2007.

Only relevant person I know named Carson is dead, Johnny Carson. In interview on his show with Arnold Palmer's wife and his wife.

Winnie Palmer, wife of Arnold, was seated on the couch, next to her husband

Arnold, who was a headline guest on The Tonight Show. Arnie had just won a
big tournament. I have no idea which one, but I would guess it was probably
The Masters or a US Open, since talk shows don't make it a habit of inviting
golfers to be guests except right after a big event for which there was
national interest. Although back in those days (the early '60s), Arnie was
such a media darling, it could have been just about any time.

Anyway, Johnny turned to Winnie and asked her if she had any superstitions
before her husband played in a big tournament.

Winnie replied, "I kiss his balls."

Well, the audience erupted in laughter, and as Johnny did his usual facial
expressions, it just fed the laughter further. The laughter seemed to go on
for a minute or two. The Palmers squirmed uncomfortably.

And then Johnny made a crack about Arnie's putter. The way I remember it
(which could be wrong), it was something like, "I'll bet he'll raise his

putter to that."
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Even though the Cincinnati airport is in KY, I can't see them leaving the city like that.  If they did, it would be for a huge market like San Antonio, but I don't see that as likely.

We have 2 New York teams playing in NJ, yet still have New York names. I can see the same for us, Cincinnati Bengals located in Northern, Ky.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: as a fan i couldnt care less if they have a practice bubble or not lol... .   

For sure, not every fan will care.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This has always cracked me up. The indoor practice facility has always been a bigger deal to the sportswriters and fans than it has the players. But yea!

This cracks me up when a fan acts like he has personal connections with all the players.

Personally I don't think we have any idea how big of an issue this has been with the players.
Reply/Quote

Pally posted a couple of tweets in this thread from Bengals players that seemed rather happy about it.   As Fred stated above we don't know what they all think.  But if I had to guess I bet most, if not all of the players are happy to have an indoor practice facility.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This cracks me up when a fan acts like he has personal connections with all the players.

Personally I don't think we have any idea how big of an issue this has been with the players.

This.

And common sense would suggest most players would prefer to practice in comfort.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 09:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For fans, I think it is a simple matter of pride. People want the team they cheer for to have all the nice stuff that other teams do. I like the Bengals. I want the elite QB, cool uniforms, a nice stadium, championship banners, elite amenities even though I won't use them, and so forth and so forth. Give the team I like all the best things!  Who Dey

Quote:For fans, I think it is a simple matter of pride.
I get that. I'm the same way about Great American Ball Park. It has some of the shortest outfield fences in MLB, especially right field. And people talk about it all the time. Some players call it Great American Small Park. Homer Bailey (yes I know he could be a jerk sometimes) once called it a little league park. I know they made the right field fence short for Ken Griffey Jr's sake but Jr is long gone and it's well past time to move the fences back.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 11:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

And common sense would suggest most players would prefer to practice in comfort.

Oh c'mon all you old guys who played HS football and practiced in freezing weather almost every day..Who doesn't miss slamming your frozen hands into helmets and shoulder pads? It was almost as much fun as stepping outside on the front steps on ice, slipping and having a concrete step nail you right on the tailbone!  ThumbsUp  
Although that's always much funner to see someone else do than to do it yourself.. It's almost funny to see someone else do it sometimes..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have 2 New York teams playing in NJ, yet still have New York names. I can see the same for us, Cincinnati Bengals located in Northern, Ky.

I can't imagine it...the businesses that would take a hit downtown right by the stadium.  That would be horrible for them.  Don't really like this subject...it makes me nervous, even though I am 99% sure they will stay put.  

There are so many good things to think about right now.  I feel like we are engaged to a super model but worry that she is going to leave us when we turn 75.  Maybe she will, but I'm going to enjoy the ride for now.  
Reply/Quote

I guess you didn't read the celebratory tweets from our players right before your post.

The players cared, but what are they going to do? Rip the team that pays them? Whit came close when he complained about footing a few years ago.

I've seen players leave then complain, but that was always chalked up to "sour grapes".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This cracks me up when a fan acts like he has personal connections with all the players.

Right Fred... that's what I was inferring alright. Hilarious Ninja Swing and a miss....
Reply/Quote