Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Joe's Knee
Via Rapaport on Twitter:

"#Bengals QB Joe Burrow suffered a knee injury in the Super Bowl that won't require surgery, sources say, based on initial tests. He’ll have to rehab, but the sprain shouldn’t drastically alter his offseason."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
it's time to protect this man
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's time to protect this man

I don't ever want to see the left knee scars on his right knee.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Have to protect this man.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's time to protect this man

You can bet his agent told management first thing yesterday morning to fix this crap or Burrow’s not re-signing.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:54 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: You can bet his agent told management first thing yesterday morning to fix this crap or Burrow’s not re-signing.

His contract has 3 more years and they can franchise tag him. He's kind of stuck here.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:54 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: You can bet his agent told management first thing yesterday morning to fix this crap or Burrow’s not re-signing.

I at least hope that this happened. Force their hand.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe their hand even needs to be forced. I bet they go big on the o-like in both free agency and in the draft.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I at least hope that this happened. Force their hand.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe their hand even needs to be forced. I bet they go big on the o-like in both free agency and in the draft.

I actually have 100% faith they fix it this off-season. Which is weird, because...Bengals. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I at least hope that this happened. Force their hand.

They went big everywhere else the last 2 years. Now, besides a couple pieces here and there, they can focus on revamping the line. 

You can't fix every postion group in one year. They've had a methodical plan on improving every aspect of this team. The line is next.

Now...there is an argument that they could have started with the line, but those guys can get expensive so i'm not going to start picking any nits. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Lol. Everyone in the world knows the Bengals need a better line. Maybe Burrow will threaten to retire...to 'send a message'.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I actually have 100% faith they fix it this off-season. Which is weird, because...Bengals. 

Well we went into last offseason saying they had to fix the OL and we once again lead the league in sacks given up..  so idk
Reply/Quote
It looked at the time like it was a major injury when the replay showed his face in pain and then him limping off the field. I thought he was out for the game when I saw that and the game was lost. But he didn't seem to need treatment and was back in on the next drive. On a play or few plays after he was back on the field I recall seeing him jumping up and down after a missed pass. So I didn't think it was something serious at that point.

That said, I'm no doctor and when he went back in the game I just thought about how he was fighting to get back in and have a chance. Minor injury or a more serious injury he put it all on the field Sunday. Now it is time for the Bengals to respect that and do everything they can to protect him next season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well we went into last offseason saying they had to fix the OL and we once again lead the league in sacks given up..  so idk

I feel like it's been said for 3-4 years now.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His contract has 3 more years and they can franchise tag him. He's kind of stuck here.

Wrong. A franchise tag is a one year deal. They can give him another one when that one expires (and another, and another), but the salary jumps up astronomically, percentage wise. In NFL history only 7 players have been franchise tagged for multiple seasons. And they weren’t making nearly as much as Burrow so their teams didn’t take as much of a hit. Also — a player can deny a franchise tag deal, so long as they sit out for a season. So his contract has 3 more years... and that’s where it stops. 

So yeah, Burrow will be on the first plane out if the organization doesn’t get its shit together. He’s also got the clout to demand a trade at some point. Don’t think just because he’s an Ohio boy that he’ll stay loyal to the franchise. Yall need him more than he needs yall and he knows that. Everyone’s got their limits. 

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he refuses to play if he gets sacked this many times ever again. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like it's been said for 3-4 years now.

They are going to have to overspend a little. I don’t want any more young guys or projects. I’d entertain seeing if big Whit wants to come back here for one year and then get two longer term linemen at center and guard. B+ A talent. I’d even trade a 1st for an A linemen.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Wrong. A franchise tag is a one year deal. They can give him another one when that one expires (and another, and another), but the salary jumps up astronomically, percentage wise. In NFL history only 7 players have been franchise tagged for multiple seasons. And they weren’t making nearly as much as Burrow so their teams didn’t take as much of a hit. Also — a player can deny a franchise tag deal, so long as they sit out for a season. So his contract has 3 more years... and that’s where it stops. 

So yeah, Burrow will be on the first plane out if the organization doesn’t get its shit together. He’s also got the clout to demand a trade at some point. Don’t think just because he’s an Ohio boy that he’ll stay loyal to the franchise. Yall need him more than he needs yall and he knows that. Everyone’s got their limits. 

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he refuses to play if he gets sacked this many times ever again. 

No. His contract has 2 years, then a team option, (3rd year) and then franchise (4 years). He’s not going anywhere. It’s also a little early to say he will request a trade. As much as he is the reason they got to the playoffs, the defense and McPherson carried him in the playoffs. There were several games this year that we won because of the defense, Denver, Minnesota, Defense kept them in Chicago and GB game. You can say it’s the O-line’s fault, but he also struggled some in the playoffs, which is fine considering it’s his first playoff experience.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Wrong. A franchise tag is a one year deal. They can give him another one when that one expires (and another, and another), but the salary jumps up astronomically, percentage wise. In NFL history only 7 players have been franchise tagged for multiple seasons. And they weren’t making nearly as much as Burrow so their teams didn’t take as much of a hit. Also — a player can deny a franchise tag deal, so long as they sit out for a season. So his contract has 3 more years... and that’s where it stops. 

So he'll be on the 1st plane out of town in 5-6 years?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They are going to have to overspend a little. I don’t want any more young guys or projects. I’d entertain seeing if big Whit wants to come back here for one year and then get two longer term linemen at center and guard. B+ A talent. I’d even trade a 1st for an A linemen.

Whit is like 40. That could blow up.

But yes...they may need to pay a Guard $10 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It looked at the time like it was a major injury when the replay showed his face in pain and then him limping off the field.  I thought he was out for the game when I saw that and the game was lost.  But he didn't seem to need treatment and was back in on the next drive.  On a play or few plays after he was back on the field I recall seeing him jumping up and down after a missed pass.  So I didn't think it was something serious at that point.  

That said, I'm no doctor and when he went back in the game I just thought about how he was fighting to get back in and have a chance.  Minor injury or a more serious injury he put it all on the field Sunday.   Now it is time for the Bengals to respect that and do everything they can to protect him next season.

You can never tell with knee injuries at the time.
Reply/Quote

You don't know Joe Burrow very well.  He is old school man child team player.  He will never refuse to play.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote