6  Los Angeles Chargers        6-4 
7  Buffalo Bills                      6-4 

Contenders
 8 Pittsburgh Steelers           5-4-1
 9 Indianapolis Colts             6-5
10 Cleveland Browns            6-5
11 Las Vegas Raiders            5-5
12 Denver Broncos               5-5 

Tennessee is looking bad after this weekend. Ravens have looked very mediocre since getting destroyed by us. Chiefs look awful I don’t even know how they’re 7-4. New England’s trending upward but idk how good they really are. Bills are looking bad right now. Chargers and Bengals have been going back and forth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:10 AM)Tomkat Wrote: They actually did "blow the lead" when the Steelers tied it. BUT, they regained it.  Wink

I thank God they did too. 

Thought it was going to be deja vu and had to relive the steelers coming back from nowhere to pull it out again. 

Instead they folded and the last 4 plays were very satisfying to watch for me personally.

Now we've got to take care of business against them this week and stick them back behind the 8 ball. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:16 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Tennessee is looking bad after this weekend. Ravens have looked very mediocre since getting destroyed by us. Chiefs look awful I don’t even know how they’re 7-4. New England’s trending upward but idk how good they really are. Bills are looking bad right now. Chargers and Bengals have been going back and forth.

Basically no one in the AFC really looks good or like a contender.

Meanwhile there is Arizona in the NFC just doing whatever it wants with Colt McCoy under center and Green Bay right there even with the loss to Minnesota.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:16 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Tennessee is looking bad after this weekend. Ravens have looked very mediocre since getting destroyed by us. Chiefs look awful I don’t even know how they’re 7-4. New England’s trending upward but idk how good they really are. Bills are looking bad right now. Chargers and Bengals have been going back and forth.

Yep, it's definitely wide open right now. 
Reply/Quote

All this is true but the NFL winds seem to shift often this year and are swirling in all different directions it seems. 

Maybe the covid protocol and players sitting out more often than just injuries is effecting the continuity of teams.  

Not sure, but its definitely a weird season and most teams have shown their Jekyll and Hyde tendencies already.  

Really know not what to expect the rest of the year from any team actually. Just got to take care of our own business.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: All this is true but the NFL winds seem to shift often this year and are swirling in all different directions it seems. 

Maybe the covid protocol and players sitting out more often than just injuries is effecting the continuity of teams.  

Not sure, but its definitely a weird season and most teams have shown their Jekyll and Hyde tendencies already.  

Jekyll and Hyde is a good way to describe the NFL this year, especially the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:32 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jekyll and Hyde is a good way to describe the NFL this year, especially the AFC.

Its exactly what it has been to this point. 

Get any given Sunday but this has been the craziest first half of an NFL season that I can recall. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Hottest teams in the AFC right now (by far) are the Colts and Pats.  That is tough as early on we all (or at least I did) thought they were dead.

Now, the Pats are in first in the AFC East (puke) and the Colts are charging hard against the enigmatic Titans. 

I am very excited the Bengals took down the Raiders.  No, it wasn't a pretty game, but we saw the defense we saw the first 7 weeks and the running game came on at the end.  Very happy that the Bengals have 5 of the next 7 at home.  Sure, the schedule is tough, but there is no team on the schedule they can't beat at home.  It starts against pitt this week.  Time to send the pig to slaughter.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I thank God they did too. 

Thought it was going to be deja vu and had to relive the steelers coming back from nowhere to pull it out again. 

Instead they folded and the last 4 plays were very satisfying to watch for me personally.

Now we've got to take care of business against them this week and stick them back behind the 8 ball. 

Yea, me too...

If for no other reason than to get Collinsworth OFF THE STEELER'S D**K - man that's sh!t's annoying.
I stayed up late to watch it... went to bed happy.  :)
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:16 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote:  Chiefs look awful I don’t even know how they’re 7-4.

7 of the Chiefs 11 games have been against teams that currently have a winning record.  That is more than any other AFC team.  Yet they have the third best record in the AFC.  The Titans are the only AFC team with more wins against winning teams than the Chiefs (3).

So don't be so quick to count out KC.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hottest teams in the AFC right now (by far) are the Colts and Pats.  That is tough as early on we all (or at least I did) thought they were dead.

Now, the Pats are in first in the AFC East (puke) and the Colts are charging hard against the enigmatic Titans. 

Colts win against the Bills is their only one against a team that currently has a winning record.

But this season swings so wildly from week to week it is hard to tell if any of these teams are legit.
Reply/Quote

The Chiefs defense has been improving and their offense is still hot. This isn't early season Chiefs, they're playing really well right now. New England is the best team in the AFC currently. The Bills and their OL issues are starting to tank them. Cincinnati is probably one of the top teams in the AFC as well, believe it or not. Let's see if they can finish that way. A win against the Steelers would be huge. 
Reply/Quote
Colts and Pat's do look good I agree.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Colts win against the Bills is their only one against a team that currently has a winning record.

But this season swings so wildly from week to week it is hard to tell if any of these teams are legit.

True, but the Colts beat the 49ers on the road by two scores and the 49ers are .500.  Rating a team as "above .500" isn't really fair because there are so many competitive teams right now at .500 or just below.   And beating the Bills by 26 points in Buffalo is a pretty damn solid win.

We will see how they do against Brady and the boys, who will likely still be smarting from a loss to the Re....oops, WFT.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, but the Colts beat the 49ers on the road by two scores and the 49ers are .500.  Rating a team as "above .500" isn't really fair because there are so many competitive teams right now at .500 or just below.   And beating the Bills by 26 points in Buffalo is a pretty damn solid win.

We will see how they do against Brady and the boys, who will likely still be smarting from a loss to the Re....oops, WFT.  

Texans over Titans ? Vikings over GB ?

Every single week there's a couple games or more that make you say WTF ? 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Texans over Titans ? Vikings over GB ?

Every single week there's a couple games or more that make you say WTF ? 

Yeah, but the Colts have won 5 of their last 6, and by an average margin of victory of 18 points.  That's pretty damn consistent and impressive.  They have a good defense and great balance.  Can't wait to see their game against Tampa, but sadly, it will be the same time as Bengals vs. Pigs.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, but the Colts have won 5 of their last 6, and by an average margin of victory of 18 points.  That's pretty damn consistent and impressive.  They have a good defense and great balance.  Can't wait to see their game against Tampa, but sadly, it will be the same time as Bengals vs. Pigs.  

Oh for sure the Colts are trending up. I was just pointing out that so many good teams are laying eggs every given week it's so hard to tell whos really good and who is just catching teams at the right moment ?

My guess would be the Colts are gonna make some waves in the AFC picture this season. But who knows ? They might be next in this wacky season egg laying contest.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs and Pats trending upward and the Colts are looking strong. My hot take is the AFC North division winner might be the most insignificant team of the bunch. Any given Sunday though, I hope Burrow and the squad make it to the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The teams that are scaring me are the Pats and Colts. Maybe the 49ers in the NFC with their play calling on O.

The Chargers look tough but I think we can beat them, the Stains will get theirs when we face them again pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am very excited the Bengals took down the Raiders.  No, it wasn't a pretty game, but we saw the defense we saw the first 7 weeks and the running game came on at the end.  Very happy that the Bengals have 5 of the next 7 at home.  Sure, the schedule is tough, but there is no team on the schedule they can't beat at home.  It starts against pitt this week.  Time to send the pig to slaughter.  

Same.

1. We beat a winning team in their place.
2. They were just as desperate as we were.
3. This was pretty much a playoff game with how tight the WC race is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote