Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of derogatory names for politicians and groups of people
(03-22-2024, 11:13 PM)Stewy Wrote: MAGA to me has as much credibility as ISIS or Al Queda.  They deserve to be derided.  They deserve to be mocked.  They are a similar brainwashed fundamentalist Cult latching on to a Cult of Personality and unthinking for themselves.  And if that is ok, and what we want to serve here, then I'm done.

MODS - BAN ME from the Politics & R forum, effective immediately.  Yes BAN me from the Politics forums.  I never want access again.  The ignore function here is complete shyt and worthless.  I've asked for upgrades a dozen times.  I've asked for the PW to the politics forum to be reset, so I could just not re-enter it - nothing happened.  So I ask to be banned from the P&R forum.  I assume that will work.

/salute

Sorry dude, you're going to have to rely on you own self discipline on this one. I sometimes disagree with your opinions, but I've never seen you outright break the rules..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I'll just chime in to say, outside of personal attacks and clearly offensive words, if language and labels are causing one unhealthy levels of stress and anxiety, then for the sake of one's health one should probably not be reading and engaging political forums...
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-24-2024, 09:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'll just chime in to say, outside of personal attacks and clearly offensive words, if language and labels are causing one unhealthy levels of stress and anxiety, then for the sake of one's health one should probably not be reading and engaging political forums...

The purpose of this announcement is surrounding intention. If you're using language or labels for a person or group of people and your intention is to piss off or annoy people, your post will be moderated.

If you say something that is offensive to people who just disagree with your earnest viewpoint and your expression of that viewpoint is not inflammatory or intentionally hyperbolic, you will probably not be moderated.

It's a thin line, and we will do our best to walk it.

I will give you a day or two to reply, but after that I will be locking this thread. It is beginning to devolve into side conversations and side arguments that have nothing to do with the announcement, and those conversations are better held in threads that are surrounding that topic.