Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uzomah is an absolute gem
CJ is already an elite combination of size and speed.

I don't know how many catches and yards you all think and "elite" TE would get in this system with Boyd, Higgins, and Chae already in place.
Reply/Quote
He cracked me up in his post game when he was finished and called Chase into the room "Hey Dummy, they're ready for you, ya big dummy"
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 05:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If I had to guess...
#1: Winning.
#2: Having a contract that ensured he had a roster spot.
#3: Winning.

Whole lot easier to be outgoing and goofy when you aren't fighting for your job and are winning. Only time before this year Uzomah was on a winning team was 2015, when he was a rookie special teamer with 1 catch for 4 yards all year.

If you followed him on instagram you would see goofy Uzomah has been around for awhile now. 2019 he had a season long practical joke competition with Giovanni Bernard surrounding their cars and parking spaces that was hilarious

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 01:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
If there’s one thing 100% of this board should be able to agree on it’s that this dude is just the best.

some on the board did not agree with this before the season calling for his replacement with a "real" te
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: some on the board did not agree with this before the season calling for his replacement with a "real" te

Yeah, some of the takes on this board are not the best.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: some on the board did not agree with this before the season calling for his replacement with a "real" te

A lot of those posters no longer post here (and stopped when the team started winning consistently). Funny how that is...

Anyways, as mentioned numerous times prior, love Ceej, has been one of my favourite players on the team since he was drafted; him being a completely, "out there," pick in the 5th round, made me instantly like him as he had an underdog status. I remember many saying that Kroft would be the better TE, but at this point in their careers, it's clear as day who is the more-capable/better TE.

I mentioned in the draft section that in the 3rd round and beyond, there a good number of capable TEs (none who are game-breaking, IMO), but next year the draft will be full of REALLY GOOD TEs that can be taken all over the draft (if certain ones declare and the like), so my POV is to sign Ceej to a 2-3 year deal or so and then draft a future TE next year and that way if we keep Sample, we've got a solid TE room and if we get rid of Sample, we will still have an ok TE room, but we can further expand after that.

Just have a feeling Sample will be here as long as he wants to; Mark Bruener, Dwayne Carswell, Metzelaars (though he did have one really good receiving year), Marcedes Lewis, Lee Smith, Reggie Kelly (list goes on) have all had 10+ year careers, despite not offering a whole lot in the pass game and being stout blockers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I asked in a thread once is he the new standard for TE or are we still holding on to Eifert? I think he is and should be considered better than Eifert. IF CJ had Hue as a OC who used TE's more, he would have shined just like Eifert did.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: I asked in a thread once is he the new standard for TE or are we still holding on to Eifert? I think he is and should be considered better than Eifert. IF CJ had Hue as a OC who used TE's more, he would have shined just like Eifert did.

Nah. Eifert was elite before the injuries starting piling up.

I love Uzomah, but he’s nowhere near that level.

Reply/Quote
Eifert was an elite pass catching TE but a complete TE? Shouldn't that mean something to even it out some? I still think CJ could do equal damage as a pass catcher if given consistent chances.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert was an elite pass catching TE but a complete TE? Shouldn't that mean something to even it out some? I still think CJ could do equal damage as a pass catcher if given consistent chances.

Uzomah had 63 targets this season.

The most Eifert ever had in any given year was 74 (2015).

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, some of the takes on this board are not the best.... Ninja

Well, that's because most of us fans really have no idea what we are talking about, despite what we may think.
Reply/Quote
Uzomah reminds me a little of a younger Gronk.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: We've all seen this type of character in our lives....they really can't be replaced.  There are times where character outweighs skill and i feel like with CJ this is one of those times.  

Character is talent.  I have seen it again and again.  That locker room is filled with character and it's a big reason we are where we are.  CJ is at the top of the list.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:34 PM)magikod Wrote: Uzomah reminds me a little of a younger Gronk.

Eh, I'm not seeing it. Gronk is only a few years older than CJ and young Gronk once put up 1300+ yards and 17 TDs in a season. I like CJ, but I don't think we can ever compare him to TE elites like Tony Gonzalez, Gronk, Kelce, prime Jimmy Graham, or other star TEs.
Reply/Quote
Uzomah is a fringe top ten NFL TE. He’s awfully good all around.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:34 PM)magikod Wrote: Uzomah reminds me a little of a younger Gronk.

A younger more intelligent Gronk.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: We've all seen this type of character in our lives....they really can't be replaced.  There are times where character outweighs skill and i feel like with CJ this is one of those times.  

He's a glue guy... Teams need someone or a coupla guys like that. He called Ja'Marr Chase dummy at a presser. When you're getting away with that, you're well liked and respected.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Does he get another long term deal at age 29

Reply/Quote
CJ is a very good TE and a great leader and just a TE that has the "TE it factor" I don't doubt for a minute his numbers could be a bit better on a team with lesser receiving talent.

However top, TOP tier TE stats he's probably still not going to get.

But we don't need him to here. I hope they resign him in a hot damn hurry ! He's one of my all time favorite Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 01:59 PM)jason Wrote: A younger more intelligent Gronk.

Lol Gronk plays dumb but he's actually pretty intelligent.

I heard he hasn't spent any of his NFL money, only lives off his endorsements currently. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote