Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites?
(01-21-2022, 12:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's actually very valid to your overall point. The issue is in your post you spread misinformation as a fact, not intentionally which also has a role here. You may have potentially cast doubt for someone else if they ever were faced with a situation they needed to perform CPR because they read it on the internet we don't do rescue breaths anymore. While this seems benign it is what has happened with vaccines, and frankly a lot of things in society. Much of the distrust has been generated by people who spread unsourced, or bad, information which makes the distrust itself unfounded.

Absolutely fair point to make when it comes to misinformation.  Probably should've found a better example or left it out.  The point i was making was around science being wrong though.  We should be able to agree what science says is right now can be wrong later.  For people to have doubts about the science is fair.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I fully admit that I judge people based upon their opinions, but I also admit that my own perception of reality is certainly flawed and I'm just a dumbass human being.  My cousin is married to a woman who believes that McDonald's food is made of processed human corpses...I can't respect that, no matter how much I want to distrust that evil clown.

I have no idea where y'all find people that believe this weird ass shit :)

I've never met anyone that thinks 5G spreads covid or there's tracking chips in vaccines or lizard people run the government.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, that isn't how science works, this is exactly why we are in this mess. Science isn't an opinion that you have and others should respect. Science is the commonly held belief by the majority of QUALIFIED people in that field. There is no "science" that matches beliefs there is accepted science and not accepted science. If I walk around telling people the earth is flat and can find a couple other dumb  scientists that also believe such a thing that does not make my point valid in any way. Those people should be told they are wrong and their belief is wrong, not coddled and be told they are welcome to their own "belief". 

Using an absurd example to validate your argument is just as absurd.  Science can be wrong and has been wrong countless times.  I am NOT saying it's wrong now (I'm not qualified).  I am saying it's not unreasonable for people to take these positions.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:39 PM)basballguy Wrote: Using an absurd example to validate your argument is just as absurd.  Science can be wrong and has been wrong countless times.  I am NOT saying it's wrong now (I'm not qualified).  I am saying it's not unreasonable for people to take these positions.  

Absurd is relative, your absurd is someone else's strongly held belief and if you believe that "science" can be whatever someone wants it to be then you must recognize that is a perfectly valid example. To someone else doubting the science of vaccines is just as absurd WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT.

Science can be wrong, but peer reviewed commonly accepted science is held to be right until proven wrong. Nothing has proven the science behind vaccines wrong so until such a point occurs it is right...that is how science actually works.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: I have no idea where y'all find people that believe this weird ass shit :)

I've never met anyone that thinks 5G spreads covid or there's tracking chips in vaccines or lizard people run the government.

I've lived and worked in Pittsburgh, NYC, and Chicago...during the Trump and post-Trump era I've been living in rural PA and let me tell you, the white evangelical country folk have gone in big on the Q stuff.  The lizard people thing is a bit much, but the idea that doctors are killing people, the election was rigged, covid tests are administered in order to GIVE you covid, Sandy Hook was a hoax and the families were paid off to pretend their kids are dead, and that the huge ship that got caught in the canal was full of tens of thousands of sex trafficked kids are all pretty common in these parts.

I tells ya, we ain't a smart group.  But yea, people say one thing, but the truth is in their action.  I know covid deniers who got covid and they didn't tell the ambulance to take them to Mar A Lago or Tucker Carlson's house, that's for damn sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've lived and worked in Pittsburgh, NYC, and Chicago...during the Trump and post-Trump era I've been living in rural PA and let me tell you, the white evangelical country folk have gone in big on the Q stuff.  The lizard people thing is a bit much, but the idea that doctors are killing people, the election was rigged, covid tests are administered in order to GIVE you covid, Sandy Hook was a hoax and the families were paid off to pretend their kids are dead, and that the huge ship that got caught in the canal was full of tens of thousands of sex trafficked kids are all pretty common in these parts.

I tells ya, we ain't a smart group.  But yea, people say one thing, but the truth is in their action.  I know covid deniers who got covid and they didn't tell the ambulance to take them to Mar A Lago or Tucker Carlson's house, that's for damn sure.

You must be in one crazy ass section of PA. I'm firmly planted in rural, evangelical, country folk & have never once heard anything as crazy as that shit. There are people who think the election was rigged but Q stuff (whatever that even means), infectious covid shots, Sandy Hook hoax & ships full of sex trafficked kids aren't issues in any minds that I've been in contact with. At least that I've heard of.

What kind of people are you running with?
Reply/Quote
Is it hypocritical for people to want people to have the freedom to choose to take the vaccine under the guise of personal freedom but also force pregnant women to carry a fetus to term?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You must be in one crazy ass section of PA. I'm firmly planted in rural, evangelical, country folk & have never once heard anything as crazy as that shit. There are people who think the election was rigged but Q stuff (whatever that even means), infectious covid shots, Sandy Hook hoax & ships full of sex trafficked kids aren't issues in any minds that I've been in contact with. At least that I've heard of.

I wouldn't say I'm running with these people, but the evangelical sect is getting more and more Q adjacent, as they call it.  Thinking the election is rigged is just another step into the realm of believing crazy stuff that is being covered up.  I wouldn't say I'm surrounded by these people, but I know more than 0 folks who are waiting for Mike Lindell to get Trump back in office and I know people who were watching the inauguration to see Biden get arrested, etc.

My wife gets messages from her mom and sister to go out and buy a bunch of food because the pope just got arrested and he's going to be executed and the power is going to go out for 10 days and so on and so forth.  A week goes by and it's "Tell Nate to not get the booster, because it killed Betty White" and so on and so forth.  What will be next?  I can't help but wait with baited breath.

Maybe people don't share a lot of this stuff with you because you fit their idea of what someone who "already knows the truth" looks like or believes.
Reply/Quote
So maybe I look like I'm bat shit crazy too ? LOL... You may be right. I hope that isn't the case.

If they do believe that stuff I hope they don't mention it to me. I don't think I could ever look at that person in the same way.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 03:03 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: So maybe I look like I'm bat shit crazy too ? LOL... You may be right. I hope that isn't the case.

If they do believe that stuff I hope they don't mention it to me. I don't think I could ever look at that person in the same way.

I'm pretty much the only guy around here who doesn't wear a camouflaged hat and own a Carhartt jacket he is currently considering burning.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You must be in one crazy ass section of PA. I'm firmly planted in rural, evangelical, country folk & have never once heard anything as crazy as that shit. There are people who think the election was rigged but Q stuff (whatever that even means), infectious covid shots, Sandy Hook hoax & ships full of sex trafficked kids aren't issues in any minds that I've been in contact with. At least that I've heard of.

As someone who is originally from parts similar to Nate's, and this is also something Dino can attest to as I am from his neck of the woods (only a little more in the mountains), he is not exaggerating. My family and friends of my family are ate up with this shit. When I was dealing with my uncle's estate I would have to deal with them stopping by and chatting about these things. They would always be talking about these conspiracy theories that come from Q, InfoWars, or goodness knows where else.

I don't hear as much of it where I am currently, but I have heard it. I oversee BSA units in this area and some of these folks I have talked to are also ate up with it. Because I'm a fat, white, bearded guy with a gun I come across as being one of them. So I just keep my mouth shut and try to move the conversation into something we can be more cordial on.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You don't really want an answer. You post these threads in bad faith.

Truth
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Is it hypocritical for people to want people to have the freedom to choose to take the vaccine under the guise of personal freedom but also force pregnant women to carry a fetus to term?

It's not about forcing a woman to carry a baby to term, it's about ending a life.

A baby (or fetus, if you want to call it that), develops DNA before a lot of woman know they're pregnant, so does a pregnant woman's body have 2 sets of DNA?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty much the only guy around here who doesn't wear a camouflaged hat and own a Carhartt jacket he is currently considering burning.

My current hat is camouflaged & I own several Carhart articles of clothing.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty much the only guy around here who doesn't wear a camouflaged hat and own a Carhartt jacket he is currently considering burning.

I saw something about the Carhartt kerfuffle on YouTube.  I didn't bother watching any of it.  Someone, somewhere, on some end of the spectrum is going to be incensed about something.  I can't be bothered to keep track of all of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not about forcing a woman to carry a baby to term, it's about ending a life.

A baby (or fetus, if you want to call it that), develops DNA before a lot of woman know they're pregnant, so does a pregnant woman's body have 2 sets of DNA?

So make her carry the fetus to term and then once it is born force it to get the vaccines we all had to get to go to school.

In this scenario. Is the vaccine the apple or the orange?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So make her carry the fetus to term and then once it is born force it to get the vaccines we all had to get to go to school.

I'm not trying to defend anyone's stance on anything in this reply, but I do feel a point of clarification is in order.  The Covid vaccine is more akin to a flu shot than a vaccine like Mumps, Diphtheria, Polio etc.  It does not stop you from either getting or transmitting the virus.  So, comparing it to mandatory vaccines, that actually prevent the disease entirely in the vast majority of recipients (99% plus) is not fair or accurate.  

EDIT: I should not have called the other vaccines "mandatory" as they are not. My mistake.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not trying to defend anyone's stance on anything in this reply, but I do feel a point of clarification is in order.  The Covid vaccine is more akin to a flu shot than a vaccine like Mumps, Diphtheria, Polio etc.  It does not stop you from either getting or transmitting the virus.  So, comparing it to mandatory vaccines, that actually prevent the disease entirely in the vast majority of recipients (99% plus) is not fair or accurate.  

Agree 100%.

Did I compare them?

My point was he has no problem forcing the lady to have a child she doesn't want who in turn will be forced to get vaccines that are already required. Where is the choice and freedom in that?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So make her carry the fetus to term and then once it is born force it to get the vaccines we all had to get to go to school.

Read below.
(01-21-2022, 07:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not trying to defend anyone's stance on anything in this reply, but I do feel a point of clarification is in order.  The Covid vaccine is more akin to a flu shot than a vaccine like Mumps, Diphtheria, Polio etc.  It does not stop you from either getting or transmitting the virus.  So, comparing it to mandatory vaccines, that actually prevent the disease entirely in the vast majority of recipients (99% plus) is not fair or accurate.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Read below.

See above
Reply/Quote