Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vance Joseph emerges as next DC if fired
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812140-vance-joseph-reportedly-could-join-bengals-as-dc-if-fired-by-broncos
Reply/Quote
I love how they threw in the "when Marvin Lewis get's tired of coaching", in reference to Joseph possibly coming to be the DC and HC in waiting..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Joesph as DC I guess is alright ? Not so sure I want him as HC although as long as Lewis is gone and Huey doesn't take over it would be better than nothing.
Reply/Quote
Took that winning Organization 2 years to move on from their version of Merv. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:47 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Took that winning origization 2 years to move on from their version of Merv. Whatever

He wasn’t even really given a fair shake honestly considering he didn’t have a legitimate starting QB out there.

And no one miracle run for Keenum on a much better team doesn’t make him a starter.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He wasn’t even really given a fair shake honestly considering he didn’t have a legitimate starting QB out there.

And no one miracle run for Keenum on a much better team doesn’t make him a starter.

True. The future will be telling.

Wanna bet they win a PO game before us?

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812140-vance-joseph-reportedly-could-join-bengals-as-dc-if-fired-by-broncos

Sounds like speculation based on nothing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: True. The future will be telling.

Wanna bet they win a PO game before us?

Ofc not lol. Unless we’re talking the Lions or Bills I’m not taking that bet. Hell, I wouldn’t even bet against the Browns winning one before us at this point. They have the GM and the QB to get it done now.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:47 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Took that winning Organization 2 years to move on from their version of Merv. Whatever

What’s wrong with 17 years ?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:08 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: What’s wrong with 17 years ?

Back then i was 29 years old waiting for the things i am still waiting for at 46. 
I am going to die without seeing this team win anything. Cry

Reply/Quote
Hire Michigan's DC
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:03 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds like speculation based on nothing.

Schefter reported it too
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:26 PM)Trademark Wrote: Schefter reported it too

Ah yes.  The man The Speculators named their king.

When you look at Joseph's record as a DC, my question is why we would want him.

Also, Elway sucks at his job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812140-vance-joseph-reportedly-could-join-bengals-as-dc-if-fired-by-broncos

His most successful coaching jobs have been as DB coach. I'd offer him a job at that.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He wasn’t even really given a fair shake honestly considering he didn’t have a legitimate starting QB out there.

That's the debate. IF you need a great QB and good roster to win...are you a good coach?
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown wants to hire Joseph because Denver will still have to pay him. For him, this is the best reason.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
"In his three seasons as either a defensive coordinator or head coach, Joseph's defenses have finished 25th or worse in yards allowed twice and have been top 10 in points allowed just once (this season the Broncos rank 10th)."

NO THANKS.
Reply/Quote
I just hope whoever the DC is will teach this team how to tackle. I have been watching other teams on Sunday Ticket and when they throw a pass to a WR or RB the DB's run up and make the tackle. Our Db's sit back and wait for the runner to go to them, giving up yards and then mostly, miss the tackle. It is frustrating to watch.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Back then i was 29 years old waiting for the things i am still waiting for at 46. 
I am going to die without seeing this team win anything. Cry

You won't be alone in that regard.  How many who were fans back in '68 have died without seeing that?  ***** shame.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote