Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vance Joseph emerges as next DC if fired
Do not recycle any former Cincinnati coaches!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The idea that the Bengals would let Marvin decide his own fate....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4601682]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Vance is not my choice, but if that's what it takes to get rid of Marvin and keep Jackson out of the HC office, I'll take it. I want Zim, but I do not see him being available.
Reply/Quote
I also like how Schefter just creates rumor out of thin air, complete speculation. No actual reporting, no story at all, just complete supposition. Heck, for that matter, who says that Vance Joseph even wants any part of the dysfunctional Bengals organization?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I also like how Schefter just creates rumor out of thin air, complete speculation.  No actual reporting, no story at all, just complete supposition.  Heck, for that matter, who says that Vance Joseph even wants any part of the dysfunctional Bengals organization?

Who?

Marvin Lewis.

I wouldnt even be surprised if he floated that idea to schefter. I still think he did that with the contract talks a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You won't be alone in that regard.  How many who were fans back in '68 have died without seeing that?  ***** shame.  

I feel yeah, what a wast of time eh? But it takes something inside to stick by suckage. Some may call it "crazy" and they wouldn't be wrong but it also takes a lot of bravery to be a fan of a team like this.

And FTR my lifetime total of waiting is about 38 years.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:57 PM)Benton Wrote: Who?

Marvin Lewis.

I wouldnt even be surprised if he floated that idea to schefter. I still think he did that with the contract talks a couple years ago.

Yeah, likely so.  I just hate seeing all these fans getting worked up into some sort of frenzy, before anything official has been released by the organization, as we all understand how they operate.  Remember last season, when I'm guessing it was Marvin that put out a false leak that he was intending to leave the team to pursue other interests?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My prediction: Marvin Lewis will return as head coach of the Bengals while Vance Joseph takes over as defensive coordinator and Hue Jackson assumes offensive coordinator duties.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:26 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My prediction: Marvin Lewis will return as head coach of the Bengals while Vance Joseph takes over as defensive coordinator and Hue Jackson assumes offensive coordinator duties.

This really is the one of the best scenario’s given Marvin’s return.

He doesn’t deserve another year but we all know he’s coming back.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the debate. IF you need a great QB and good roster to win...are you a good coach?

What kind of a take is that? Find me any coach ever that has won the SB with a bad QB and a bad roster  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Back then i was 29 years old waiting for the things i am still waiting for at 46. 
I am going to die without seeing this team win anything. Cry

this post says it all.

depressing yet right there with ya.
Reply/Quote
What about the Jets HC as our DC? Anyone have any opinions on him? Apparently he coached the cardinals when Arians was hc.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Back then i was 29 years old waiting for the things i am still waiting for at 46. 
I am going to die without seeing this team win anything. Cry

This guy knows.
Reply/Quote
We need a totally new voice so no I don't like it. We should sign a guy like Kris Richard as Head Coach (and let him call plays for Defense) and sign a veteran coach like Rob Marinelli as Defensive coordinator.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Enough with the damn re-treads....bring in a young innovator and let him build his own staff.
Reply/Quote
Either as a Head Coach or new DC.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/24/report-vance-joseph-could-turn-up-in-cincinnati/

IMO, either would be terrible news. He's been abysmal as a Head Coach, and if he's DC it probably means Marv is still around.

Thoughts?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Either as a Head Coach or new DC.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/24/report-vance-joseph-could-turn-up-in-cincinnati/

IMO, either would be terrible news. He's been abysmal as a Head Coach, and if he's DC it probably means Marv is still around.

Thoughts?

He has sucked pretty hard as a DC too.  And he wasn't even here long enough to pick up Marv's stink.  His stink is all his own.

In other words, he's perfect for us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Either as a Head Coach or new DC.

Thoughts?

Bad news indeed. Even though he was only with the Bengals a short time, he was Marvinized while he was here. He was successful as a secondary coach and sucked beyond that. I'd only want him as a secondary coach, or nothing at all.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Uj2uCgK.gif?noredirect]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I feel like I’m in an abusive relationship.
Reply/Quote