Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Venice mayor: anyone who screams Allahu Akbar will be shot
http://www.dailywire.com/news/20279/italian-mayor-we-will-shoot-anyone-who-screams-amanda-prestigiacomo

Love this ...

" ... we’ll send them straight to Allah before they can do any damage."

Quote:Italian Mayor: We'll Shoot Anyone Who Screams ‘Allahu Akbar'

ByAmanda Prestigiacomo August 27, 2017 36.5k views

Screenshot: Twitter
In language that would make President Donald Trump blush, Venice Mayor Luigi Brugnaro has promised to shoot dead anyone who so much as shouts "Allahu Akbar."

Taking a hard line against radical Islamic terrorism in the wake of the fatal Barcelona attack earlier this month, Mayor Brugnaro proclaimed that those who wish to kill innocents in the name of Islam will be sent "straight to Allah before they can do any damage."

“In contrast with Barcelona, where they had not set up protection, we keep our guard up,” Burgnaro told reporters, according to The Times. “If anyone runs into St Mark’s Square shouting ‘Allahu Akhbar’, we will take him down. A year ago I said after four steps, now after three. I will say it in Venetian: ‘Ghe Sparemo’ (We will shoot him).”

Though Brugnaro has been mocked by other Italian officials for his blunt message, the mayor seems unfazed, touting his record of keeping his citizens safe.

“In Venice, we arrested four terrorists who wanted to blow up the Rialto bridge, saying they wanted to go to Allah," said Brugnaro, speaking of the arrests that took place in March. "But we’ll send them straight to Allah before they can do any damage."

As noted by The Daily Caller, "Mayor Dario Nardella of Florence mocked Brugnaro immediately after the speech and ran up to him shouting ‘Allahu Akbar,’ while [Mayor Andrea Gnassi of Rimini] took to Facebook to suggest that he could not understand Brugnaro’s remarks because of his Venetian dialect."

Brugnaro remained undeterred. “I have never been politically correct, I am incorrect,” he replied. “I would shoot, we would shoot ... if you want to kill me, maybe I will defend myself.”
(08-28-2017, 01:10 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/20279/italian-mayor-we-will-shoot-anyone-who-screams-amanda-prestigiacomo

Love this ...  

Wouldn't work here.  Freedom of speech.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-28-2017, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: Wouldn't work here.  Freedom of speech.  Mellow

Because the freedom for white supremacists to speak has been working out so well here.
(08-28-2017, 10:14 AM)Vlad Wrote: Because the freedom for white supremacists to speak has been working out so well here.

Still can't just shoot anyone for their speech.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-28-2017, 10:14 AM)Vlad Wrote: Because the freedom for white supremacists to speak has been working out so well here.

They've been free to speak and others have been free to speak out against them.

This, however, is a government official trying to stop their ability to practice free speech and openly worship. 

Then again, the current Republican Party platform is very anti Constitution, so I understand why you guys support this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-28-2017, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They've been free to speak and others have been free to speak out against them.

This, however, is a government official trying to stop their ability to practice free speech and openly worship. 

Then again, the current Republican Party platform is very anti Constitution, so I understand why you guys support this.

Is that somewhere in the article, or are you presuming again?
(08-28-2017, 12:04 PM)Vlad Wrote: Is that somewhere in the article, or are you presuming again?

The government official said he would take down anyone yelling "God is great" in Arabic in St. Mark's Square. It is literally in the article.
(08-28-2017, 12:04 PM)Vlad Wrote: Is that somewhere in the article, or are you presuming again?

It's literally the first line...

"Venice Mayor Luigi Brugnaro has promised to shoot dead anyone who so much as shouts 'Allahu Akbar.'"

lol?

(08-28-2017, 12:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The government official said he would take down anyone yelling "God is great" in Arabic in St. Mark's Square. It is literally in the article.

(08-28-2017, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's literally the first line...

"Venice Mayor Luigi Brugnaro has promised to shoot dead anyone who so much as shouts 'Allahu Akbar.'"

lol?

And literally the thread title.
Quote:Venice mayor: anyone who screams Allahu Akbar will be shot
Well to be fair if I heard someone yelling that and they look to have either a weapon or a possible bomb on them, then I say shoot away.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-28-2017, 12:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Well to be fair if I heard someone yelling that and they look to have either a weapon or a possible bomb on them, then I say shoot away.

I'm waiting for the day that the extremist Muslim terrorists wise up and start screaming it in whatever the native language is of where they are, or maybe in Latin or something. Throw everyone off.
(08-28-2017, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's literally the first line...

"Venice Mayor Luigi Brugnaro  trying to stop their ability to practice free speech and openly worship has promised to shoot dead anyone who so much as shouts 'Allahu Akbar.'"

lol?

Ah there it is. I see it now.
(08-28-2017, 12:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The government official said he would take down anyone yelling "God is great" in Arabic in St. Mark's Square. It is literally in the article.

Read it again please.

“If anyone runs into St Mark’s Square shouting ‘Allahu Akhbar’

Muslims don't run and shout when they pray.

Amazing at what lengths you folks will go to in order to portray Muslims as the victims.
[Image: clown.jpg]

(08-28-2017, 01:41 PM)Vlad Wrote: Read it again please.

Amazing at what lengths you folks will go to in order to portray Muslims as the victims.

Which has nothing to do with Matt's statement. Or are you confused over what Allahu Akhbar means?
To be fair here, the mayor was accused of trying to take away free speech and open worship, however the article does not say that. It seems to me that Vlad is pointing out that what the mayor said is being turned into some anti free speech/anti worship stance, when that's not what the mayor said or was alluding to.
(08-28-2017, 01:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Which has nothing to do with Matt's statement. Or are you confused over what Allahu Akhbar means?

Who is matt? You mean Bel?

Actually I think you're the one confused. Try reading the exchange again.

The irony is that this article has nothing to do with a mayor prohibiting the freedom of worship.

If you saw a muslim RUNNING while YELLING "allah akhbar" in a public marketplace, I'm sure you wouldn't think he came there to pray.
(08-28-2017, 01:57 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: To be fair here, the mayor was accused of trying to take away free speech and open worship, however the article does not say that. It seems to me that Vlad is pointing out that what the mayor said is being turned into some anti free speech/anti worship stance, when that's not what the mayor said or was alluding to.

A voice of reason! Thank you.
(08-28-2017, 01:41 PM)Vlad Wrote: Read it again please.

I've seen crazier things, to be quite honest. Crazier, harmless, things.

But, if you would like to only rely on the literal words of the mayor, that's up to you. I'm fairly certain his statement would apply whether running, or not, just as it would whether they were in that specific place or not.
(08-28-2017, 02:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: Who is matt? You mean Bel?

Actually I think you're the one confused. Try reading the exchange again.

The irony is that this article has nothing to do with a mayor prohibiting the freedom of worship.

If you saw a muslim RUNNING while YELLING "allah akhbar" in a public marketplace, I'm sure you wouldn't think he came there to pray.

You're the only person — from the article or in this thread — who has mentioned praying.

If you're going to come to conclusions based off of something other than what people say or what is in the article, I think I'll just shake my head and eat a chocolate free brownie. Why a chocolate free brownie? Because a chocolate free brownie makes as much sense as deciding freedom of religion is only about the right to pray.