Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vent thread?
(04-14-2016, 03:50 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: But no, sucking anything through a straw as an adult male seems childish, if not a bit feminine to me. 

You have issues.

How do you get the last part of a drink without the ice hitting you in the mouth?  And if it is crushed ice how do you keep it from splattering your face?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:50 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Speaking of dirty items at fast food joints, I always open the napkin dispensers and take from the top and I never use tongs at a buffet. 

Yet you put your mouth on the rim of a glass instead of using a straw?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:50 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I would guess the straws aren't any cleaner than the paper cups served at any fast food joint. Same for glass ware at a buffet. I mean, you use the utensils, no?

And the ice(machines) alone in most of these places are dirtier than even the floors. 

But no, sucking anything through a straw as an adult male seems childish, if not a bit feminine to me. I don't even use a straw with a milkshake, I use a spoon. 

Speaking of dirty items at fast food joints, I always open the napkin dispensers and take from the top and I never use tongs at a buffet. 

Yeah sipping cocktails through a straw comes across as feminine to me, and I just don't recall anyone ever doing that when I used to frequent bars.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Im guessing he eats his milkshake with a spoon.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have issues.

Says the guy sucking fluid from a phallus, all the while attempting to avoid getting it on his face, lmao. 

Quote:How do you get the last part of a drink without the ice hitting you in the mouth?  And if it is crushed ice how do you keep it from splattering your face?

I either don't try to get every last drop, don't use ice, or have conquered the difficulties drinking presents.  
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 06:33 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I either don't try to get every last drop, don't use ice, or have conquered the difficulties drinking presents.  

Well since you can not defy gravity you are ether drinking warm stuff or wasting a lot drink just because you think using a straw is "feminine".

Not very secure with your masculinity are you?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well since you can not defy gravity you are ether drinking warm stuff or wasting a lot drink just because you think using a straw is "feminine".

Not very secure with your masculinity are you?

Fred, you're so much fun. Come check out my next thread that'll be up tonight sometime. Right now I'm re wiring an alternator ... man stuff.

[Image: Tim-Allen-tim-allen-33144935-1024-768.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok, another driving thing: entering an intersection when you can't clear it. Drives me up the wall. You're sitting at a light, and the cross traffic is slowing to a halt in front of you. Your turn is coming, but the cross traffic keeps entering the intersection even though the traffic in front of them is at a dead stop and there's no way they can go anywhere. So, now you're blocked. Argh!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:50 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I would guess the straws aren't any cleaner than the paper cups served at any fast food joint. Same for glass ware at a buffet. I mean, you use the utensils, no?

And the ice(machines) alone in most of these places are dirtier than even the floors. 

But no, sucking anything through a straw as an adult male seems childish, if not a bit feminine to me. I don't even use a straw with a milkshake, I use a spoon. 

Speaking of dirty items at fast food joints, I always open the napkin dispensers and take from the top and I never use tongs at a buffet. 

[Image: alg-barack-obama-milkshake-jpg.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, another driving thing: entering an intersection when you can't clear it.  Drives me up the wall.  You're sitting at a light, and the cross traffic is slowing to a halt in front of you.  Your turn is coming, but the cross traffic keeps entering the intersection even though the traffic in front of them is at a dead stop and there's no way they can go anywhere.  So, now you're blocked.  Argh!

That's a citation in some places.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, another driving thing: entering an intersection when you can't clear it.  Drives me up the wall.  You're sitting at a light, and the cross traffic is slowing to a halt in front of you.  Your turn is coming, but the cross traffic keeps entering the intersection even though the traffic in front of them is at a dead stop and there's no way they can go anywhere.  So, now you're blocked.  Argh!

This is a very legit complaint.  Really causes a lot of problems at one specific intersection in front of a Mall here.  
Reply/Quote
Mine pertains to parking. Often times when going to work, I notice that many people will back into a parking space so that their vehicle faces forward in the spot. It's not a massive deal, but sometimes it's a pain in the dick to sit and wait for the clown to pull forward, gauge distance, and slowly ease into his spot backwards Just pull into the goddamned spot ffs!

Is there some benefit to doing this? Is it worth the hassle? I generally see a spot and pull in. Takes 5 seconds.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 11:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Mine pertains to parking.  Often times when going to work, I notice that many people will back into a parking space so that their vehicle faces forward in the spot.  It's not a massive deal, but sometimes it's a pain in the dick to sit and wait for the clown to pull forward, gauge distance, and slowly ease into his spot backwards  Just pull into the goddamned spot ffs!  

Is there some benefit to doing this?  Is it worth the hassle?  I generally see a spot and pull in.  Takes 5 seconds.

I do it because when you back out you can't always see what is coming.  Especially if there is an SUV parked beside you.  But when you back into the space you can see all the traffic clearly.  It is much safer to back in and pull out than the other way around.

The next time you are waiting for someone to back out of a parking space so you can pull in just think how much quicker it would be if that person was pulling out instead of backing out.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 12:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I do it because when you back out you can't always see what is coming.  Especially if there is an SUV parked beside you.  But when you back into the space you can see all the traffic clearly.  It is much safer to back in and pull out than the other way around.

The next time you are waiting for someone to back out of a parking space so you can pull in just think how much quicker it would be if that person was pulling out instead of backing out.

Makes some sense.  Oddly enough, it seems like I see a lot more people use this technique in the South than I did when I lived in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Why do you have so many damn butter knifes? Isn't one or two enough? Maybe even up to four, but 8 or so? Why???

...And I'll bet you don't have enough steak knives. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 10:52 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Why do you have so many damn butter knifes? Isn't one or two enough? Maybe even up to four, but 8 or so? Why???

because you need reg butter knives peanut butter knives. extra are make shift screwdrivers.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 10:52 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Why do you have so many damn butter knifes? Isn't one or two enough? Maybe even up to four, but 8 or so? Why???

You can NEVER have enough steak knives !
Reply/Quote
So for the past hour I've been waiting on my mother to tell me what she wants put in the attic but she's been too busy "researching" to help me to help her right now. So after a while I finally ask what she's researching and she says "I'm researching what happened to the news lady on channel 22 and why she's not on the air anymore."

Wtf really? Mellow

Nothing is more annoying then when someone asks for your help and then doesn't respect your time you're giving them. Tell me what you want me to do so I can get started.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 01:41 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So for the past hour I've been waiting on my mother to tell me what she wants put in the attic but she's been too busy "researching" to help me to help her right now. So after a while I finally ask what she's researching and she says "I'm researching what happened to the news lady on channel 22 and why she's not on the air anymore."

Wtf really?  Mellow

Nothing is more annoying then when someone asks for your help and then doesn't respect your time you're giving them. Tell me what you want me to do so I can get started.

The whole world is wondering where she went. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 01:41 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So for the past hour I've been waiting on my mother to tell me what she wants put in the attic but she's been too busy "researching" to help me to help her right now. So after a while I finally ask what she's researching and she says "I'm researching what happened to the news lady on channel 22 and why she's not on the air anymore."

Wtf really? Mellow

id be like im here to help you help me help you or im going home.
Reply/Quote