Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vent thread?
Here is something that I don't really get upset over, but it does sound odd to me.

Why do they now say that a basketball player who can score can "score the basketball'?  Where the hell did that term come from?

"Scoring the basketball" means scratching a line on the basketball.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is something that I don't really get upset over, but it does sound odd to me.

Why do they now say that a basketball player who can score can "score the basketball'?  Where the hell did that term come from?

"Scoring the basketball" means scratching a line on the basketball.

it means soon everything will be soccer.
Reply/Quote
This is a minor annoyance...

I have a friend I meetup with about once a year from High School. She will randomly send me a text saying how much she misses me and we never talk anymore and asking me how I've been. So after I respond she just doesn't reply back.

It's happened 3 times in the last 5-6 months. It's like she's just checking to see if I'm alive. LOL Screw that!
Reply/Quote
The whole "that's a veteran play thing." You often see it with QBs. Dude will throw a pass out of bounds instead of forcing a throw, and we here how that's amazing for a rookie. Dude just played 3 or 4 years in college where they do that all of the time. I wish I could remember the play, but I just saw one in baseball where they said once he gets more experience he will do it correctly. It was a base running error where he didn't advance when another guy was in a pickle or something. Really? They don't do that in college or the minors?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:44 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: This is a minor annoyance...

I have a friend I meetup with about once a year from High School. She will randomly send me a text saying how much she misses me and we never talk anymore and asking me how I've been. So after I respond she just doesn't reply back.

It's happened 3 times in the last 5-6 months. It's like she's just checking to see if I'm alive. LOL Screw that!

Don't be a ninny......
Send her a dick-pic, next time.
That will make her shit, or get off the pot.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
This has got to be the third or fourth straight miserable spring. Rain every single day. Temps in the 50s and 60s. Baseball games and practice cancelled more times than not. Never enough sun and warmth to dry them out in under two or 3 days, and by then it's rained again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This has got to be the third or fourth straight miserable spring.  Rain every single day. Temps in the 50s and 60s. Baseball games and practice cancelled more times than not. Never enough sun and warmth to dry them out in under two or 3 days, and by then it's rained again.

What are you talking about.  It's been absolutely gorgeous here... Happy

Charleston, SC
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What are you talking about.  It's been absolutely gorgeous here... Happy

Charleston, SC

Ass

Reply/Quote
The hazard light people on snowy roads. WTF is your point? You think you are warning us of something?

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What are you talking about.  It's been absolutely gorgeous here... Happy

Charleston, SC

You live in Charleston? Fantastic city. 

I agree with the "scoring the basketball" one. It seems fairly new and it's obnoxious. 

Might I add, it's also annoying how every single athlete these days uses the phrase "...working on my craft..."  I don't know why, but it bugs me. 
Reply/Quote
People who cut their grass/weed trimmer and leave the debris out on the sidewalks and neighbors driveways.

Especially the ones who let it grow way too long and do that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 07:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: People who cut their grass/weed trimmer and leave the debris out on the sidewalks and neighbors driveways.

Especially the ones who let it grow way too long and do that.

Fire is your friend.
Reply/Quote