Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vets that could released this summer.
its that time of year where we can start guessing who stays who goes
on the final 53.
what makes it intresting as to prior years under Lewis is that some vets
who continually underformed no longer have that umbrella to be protected by.
heres my list of vets who could released.
I dont have salary numbers in front of me so I could be wrong about a player.

Jeff Driskel. I think this is obvious. world class arm but he lacks the intangiables Findley brings

Josh Taputo (sp) Wren is a absolute wrecking machine. he gives the interior a DT with wingspan and bit of a seek and destroy mindset. Its Atkins Billings and Glasgow as the 1st 3.

Cody Core. another kinda obvious pick. he needs a perfect preaseason to have a chance.
but its possible a guy like Morgan Jr. moves him off the roster.
Core does nothing special his film supports that.

Josh Malone. make or break year. he needs to come out like he wants it.
he has the size and speed. but I dont see that desire to be great.

Alex Redmond. John Miller wasnt signed to wave a towel. the Bengals went oline heavy in the draft
for a reason. Redmond needs to cut the mental errors or hes gone

Auden Tate. Marvin buried him behind Core last year. but he has come out on fire
and ready to block in the run game. he had a QB throwing to.him last year who didnt exactly
do a great job of leading him on throws

Mark Walton.....oops he cut himself.

Cordy Glenn. I think Jonah Williams is the starting LT game 1.
Glenn might be odd man out as the Bengals could find a waiver wire cut as a cheaper
price to back up Williams and Hart.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Vinnie Rey won’t make the team. Much respect to him for years of professionalism and pretty darn good gameplay...;
Reply/Quote
oh yeah Hardy Nickerson. Quinton Flowers. forgot to add them
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:03 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: I have a feeling Vinnie Rey won’t make the team. Much respect to him for years of professionalism and pretty darn good gameplay...;

yeah Vinny is a pros pro. did alot of things good in the run game. hes lost some quicks 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: its that time of year where we can start guessing who stays who goes
on the final 53.
what makes it intresting as to prior years under Lewis is that  some vets
who continually underformed no longer have that umbrella to be protected by.
heres my list of vets who could released.
I dont have salary numbers in front of me so I could be wrong about a player.

Jeff Driskel. I think this is obvious. world class arm but he lacks the intangiables Findley brings

Josh Taputo (sp)  Wren is a absolute wrecking machine. he gives the  interior a DT with wingspan and bit of a seek and destroy mindset. Its Atkins Billings and Glasgow as the 1st 3.

Cody Core. another kinda obvious pick. he needs a perfect preaseason to have a chance.
but its possible a guy like Morgan Jr. moves him off the roster.
Core does nothing special his film supports that.

Josh Malone. make or break year. he needs to come out like he wants it.
he has the size and speed. but I dont see that desire to be great.

Alex Redmond. John Miller wasnt signed to wave a towel. the Bengals went oline heavy in the draft
for a reason. Redmond needs to cut the mental errors or hes gone

Auden Tate. Marvin buried him behind Core last year. but he has come out on fire
and ready to block in the run game. he had a QB throwing to.him last year who didnt exactly
do a great job of leading him on throws

Mark Walton.....oops he cut himself.

Cordy Glenn. I think Jonah Williams is the starting LT game 1.
Glenn might be odd man out as the Bengals could find a waiver wire cut as a cheaper
price to back up Williams and Hart.
No way they cut Glenn this year.  Or Hart.  Pencil in J. W. at RT not LT.  Next year, they will let Hart go and reassess the Glenn situation.  I bet they get another high level OT next year and another guard.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: yeah Vinny is a pros pro. did alot of things good in the run game. hes lost some quicks 

They gave our 3rd round pick Vinny Rey’s number. He’s gone I guess
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No way they cut Glenn this year.  Or Hart.  Pencil in J. W. at RT not LT.  Next year, they will let Hart go and reassess the Glenn situation.  I bet they get another high level OT next year and another guard.  

I think that IF we drafted a Tackle in 2, then they might have cut Glenn or Hart. But, I agree...no way now. We really still need a 4th Tackle.

I think Hart's here more than 1 year too. People say he won't be, but he likely will be.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No way they cut Glenn this year.  Or Hart.  Pencil in J. W. at RT not LT.  Next year, they will let Hart go and reassess the Glenn situation.  I bet they get another high level OT next year and another guard.  

Think this assessment is spot on ,however I could see a possibility where Glenn moves to RT. Other then Glenn I think the OP was pretty spot on. I would possibly add Westerman to the list.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that IF we drafted a Tackle in 2, then they might have cut Glenn or Hart. But, I agree...no way now. We really still need a 4th Tackle.

I think Hart's here more than 1 year too. People say he won't be, but he likely will be.

My thoughts are the Bengals were targeting Risner.  If that was the case, and they drafted Risner, then the O-Line would be almost a finished product for the future.  I think Glenn would have still started but would be hard to sit both Risner and J Williams in favor of Hart.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

Agree,

I doubt Glenn or Hart are going anywhere this season, the next ? may well be ?

I had high hopes for Malone, thought he might have been a real sleeper pick at WR and I agree with the OP there this is probably his last chance, Core as well. It will be interesting to see what happens with the WR position.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

I doubt Glenn or Hart are going anywhere this season, the next ? may well be ?

I had high hopes for Malone, thought he might have been a real sleeper pick at WR and I agree with the OP there this is probably his last chance, Core as well. It will be interesting to see what happens with the WR position.

I think with Malone and Ross, it was because plays did not have time to unfold down field.  Dalton has such a quick release but needs time.  With the make-over of the O-Line this year, Dalton should have time to make throws.  Now, I don't know if Malone or Ross will catch the damn thing.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
You think the Bengals are going to cut Glenn over some of the other people on our line?
Reply/Quote
Jordan Willis, Kerry Wynn, Glasgow, Ringo, Nickerson, Redmond, Westerman, and Tate all have to bring there A game if they want to make the roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't care how weak we are at LB. Get Nickerson out of here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I cant see Jordan Willis making this team this year.
2 years in has 1.5 sacks and like 4 QB pressures for his career.
hes not strong. hes not very violent with his hands.
he has zero.burst toward the QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:42 PM)Sweetness Wrote: You think the Bengals are going to cut Glenn over some of the other people on our line?

1. He was bad last year
2. He costs over $9 million
3. We just drafted our long term LT
4. We paid Bobby Hart 
5. Glenn hasn't played RT in 9 years or in the NFL at all, so I don't see Mike paying $9 million for an experiment
6. Glenn has a pretty bad injury history lately
7. We only create $2 million in dead cap to cut him

Looking at all this, I'm not sure why people think it's such a zany idea.

I think it's a toss up. Depends on whether they want Jonah at LT now, or if they'd rather start him off at RT.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

If they cut Cordy, then I think he's done.  The only reason they would do that is a career-threatening chronic injury IMO.  I think Jonah can be netter, but as of now he's the best NFL lineman on the roster.  Assembling the best 5 starters on the line starts with him if he can still play.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. He was bad last year
2. He costs over $9 million
3. We just drafted our long term LT
4. We paid Bobby Hart 
5. Glenn hasn't played RT in 9 years or in the NFL at all, so I don't see Mike paying $9 million for an experiment
6. Glenn has a pretty bad injury history lately
7. We only create $2 million in dead cap to cut him

Looking at all this, I'm not sure why people think it's such a zany idea.

I think it's a toss up. Depends on whether they want Jonah at LT now, or if they'd rather start him off at RT.

What was his PFF rating? I don't think he was 9 million good, but I don't recall him being 5.5 million Hart bad

I don't argue, it is a possibility, but I say slight possibility. I think they are thinking plug Williams into RT in 2019 and keep Glenn at left. Maybe give Williams so snaps at left so in 2020 Williams is the LT. Williams reminds me a lot of Whittworth, the scouts could not decide if he was a tackle or a guard, the Bengals played him at guard year 1 and then year 2 he played left tackle I believe.

Williams could play guard in 2019 also.
I don't think Glenn is leaving if he is healthy.

I think our OL just got better by bringing in Sample in both run and pass blocking.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:59 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I cant see Jordan Willis making this team this year.
2 years in has 1.5 sacks and like 4 QB pressures for his career.
hes not strong. hes not very violent with his hands.
he has zero.burst toward the QB.

I don't think Willis is in jeopardy. We lost MJ who does what Willis does and that is play DE and DT on passing downs.

We did not draft a MJ replacement let alone a Willis replacement.

I do think and hope Willis steps up in year 3 which is the year a lot of DL tend to show up. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jordan Willis, Kerry Wynn, Glasgow, Ringo, Nickerson,  Redmond, Westerman, and Tate all have to bring there A game if they want to make the roster.

Again, looking at the draft and off season additions and subtractions:

Willis looks safe
Tate looks safe
Redmond/Westerman - at least 1 likely gone
I think Ringo is safe

Brandon Bell, Nickerson, Jordan Franks, Schreck, Core, Niles Scott, Q. Flowers, Winn are not safe

Driskell is gone for Findley

Reply/Quote