Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vikings vs Bengals predictions
(09-02-2021, 04:27 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think we probably start of shaky to start the season. The Oline 5 need to continue to gel with each other, Burrow has to shake off the rust from injury, Chase has to shake off the rust from being off for a year and the revamped defense needs to get actual games with each other. I predict the Vikings win relatively comfortably by 10.

Happy to be absolutely wrong though

I agree, I think by game 8 they will finally start working together well, but the usual, too little too late, but this helps Zac get sacked.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 01:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've been busy this preseason. With Burrow only getting 3 snaps, Jamar Butterfinger struggling, moderate changes to the OL and the defense, etc. I feel like I know this team less than ever. Burrow will struggle in this game and we will struggle as a team for a few games before we start playing well together.

Min: 24
Cin: 9

(09-02-2021, 02:09 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Vikings come in and rape, plunder, and pillage the hapless Saxons….er Bengals in week 1.

Minnesota- 62
Bungles- 6

We will make Kirk Cousins into an instant MVP candidate, and  D Cook will look like the next Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson all rolled into one.  Our Defense will be decimated with injuries. Our OL won’t be able to block a wet paper bag blowing in the wind and Joey B will be knocked out of the game by the 2nd quarter.  It’ll be over as soon as the Bengals run onto the field.

May God have mercy on us.

Ug. Now those are two dire predictions.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Vikings 23
Bengals 16
Reply/Quote
If Zac Taylor is smart, he will lean heavily on Mixon and the run game, so Burrow can slowly get his feet under him.

Zac Taylor is not smart.

Vikings 24
Bengals 17 (late junk TD)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I want to pick the Bengals to win, but this game will be close. Still not 100% sure what we have on offense as we haven't seen it at full speed yet and I think early on in the first game there will be some hiccups of guys getting on the same page with timing and such. It's a different speed in game situation versus practice.

I want to believe the DL is going to be improved and that the running game won't gash us each week like we saw a lot of last season. Cook will be a good test of that. If the line has it together and the Vikings have to count on the passing game, the Bengals have an advantage. With Irv Smith Jr out, there isn't an established TE weapon that they have to exploit what seems to be a common theme in town with not being able to cover TE's. Jefferson and Thielen are going to get their catches, and their yards and put up points but if the running game can be held down, the Bengals should be able to keep pace.

Cook held in check Bengals win say 20 - 17
Cook gets going Vikings win probably 28 - 20

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My main prediction is that even if we win there will be some who will look upon it with disastrous doom and gloom glasses.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Because we have so many "we will see" narratives going into the game.  Is Burrow 100%?  Can chase shake off the drops?  Will the line be able to block for Burrow?  We will find out in week one. 

Basically, we elected to knock off the rust in the regular season.

This is basically how I feel. I mean I'm not going into this game filled with confidence. I believe for us to have a shot in this game the D is gonna have to step up, turnover or two, get off the field on 3rd and long a couple times and so on. 

I just don't have a lot of faith in this coaching staff to pull off a win in week one considering how little work the 1st team O got in the preseason.

Vikings 26
Bengals 17
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug. Now those are two dire predictions.

I was just trying to be realistic. I see issues with this team that are going to hurt us the next few games. I'm not convinced like many that a QB doesn't need preseason snaps. It's going to bite hard. I hope I'm terribly wrong and that gut feeling is from Taco Bell.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was just trying to be realistic. I see issues with this team that are going to hurt us the next few games. I'm not convinced like many that a QB doesn't need preseason snaps. It's going to bite hard. I hope I'm terribly wrong and that gut feeling is from Taco Bell.

Agree

I believe Burrow can fully recover. But I doubt he's gonna just start carving up D's like a hot knife thru butter right from the jump.
Reply/Quote
If nothing else, I'd say that the odds of losing the first game by a missed field goal in the final seconds have dropped substantially.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:09 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Vikings come in and rape, plunder, and pillage the hapless Saxons….er Bengals in week 1.

Minnesota- 62
Bungles- 6

We will make Kirk Cousins into an instant MVP candidate, and  D Cook will look like the next Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson all rolled into one.  Our Defense will be decimated with injuries. Our OL won’t be able to block a wet paper bag blowing in the wind and Joey B will be knocked out of the game by the 2nd quarter.  It’ll be over as soon as the Bengals run onto the field.

May God have mercy on us.

Its not the score that irritates me about the post. Be a real fan and call your team by its real name, or not.. if you are going to be ignorant you will fit right in with Steeler Nation.
Reply/Quote
I think it’ll be a close one either way. Bengals find a way to win 24-20....hopefully
Reply/Quote
Losing Ossai hurts. WTS, I think this game will be a defensive battle that will go into the half 6-0 vikings at the half, but the Bengals win a close low scoring game like 10-6 Bengals. This game will be bruising.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Both teams had weaknesses in pre-season. I think Zimmer will dial up some blitzes or at least defensive stunts that challenges our hopefully improved offensive line. They will try to hurry Burrow and get him out of rhythm so the real question is will Burrow return to last years form (aggressively extending plays).

I think we will have trouble stopping short yardage runs and making goal line stands. As such I see the Vikings scoring more TDs than Field Goals. That said, I believe our offense has the ability to be more productive overall, even if part of that production is several long field goals. I think we will lead at the half but usually Zac's inability to close out games would leave us falling just short. Still it is a new season so maybe our player talent will outshine this deficiency.

Bengals 23
Vikings 21

Reply/Quote
It's hard to imagine Dalvin Cook NOT running wild on cincy's defense
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was just trying to be realistic. I see issues with this team that are going to hurt us the next few games. I'm not convinced like many that a QB doesn't need preseason snaps. It's going to bite hard. I hope I'm terribly wrong and that gut feeling is from Taco Bell.

I know. I do so want Zac Taylor gone, but I can't bring myself to make a losing prediction. So I didn't make one. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 04:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It's hard to imagine Dalvin Cook NOT running wild on cincy's defense

I'm starting Cook on my fantasy team. Of course, I'd start him no matter what as long as he's active for a game. He's just one of those guys who's consistently good.

Reply/Quote
I think we give the Vikings too much credit around here due to our love for Zimmer. Remember, they started 1-5 last season before the bye and ended their season 1-3 with a last week victory (37-35) vs the Lions.

Their defense gave up 27+ points in 10 of their games last year. Now I’m not up to date on any changes they’ve made in the offseason, but this isn’t some stingy Zimmer defense, and I don’t think they will be week 1.

We’ll score points, the question is, has our defense really improved or not? If they have, we’ll win, If they haven’t, we’ll lose.

I personally think we have which is why I’m predicting a 30-21 victory for the Bengals. Knowing this team, they’ll come out, buck the trend and make the Vikings D look awesome… but hopefully that’s not the case.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Zac Taylor is smart, he will lean heavily on Mixon and the run game, so Burrow can slowly get his feet under him.

Zac Taylor is not smart.

Vikings 24
Bengals 17 (late junk TD)

LOL I agree

I had hoped that he would have leaned heavily on Mixon last season with a rookie QB, but he went the opposite direction. His logic baffled me.

Reply/Quote
Bengals-24-17
Reply/Quote