Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vikings vs Bengals predictions
(09-03-2021, 02:41 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Hey maybe. I'm no expert, just giving my opinion.

Chase obviously not ready to play. Burrow may be physically there but all reports are mental struggles. And maybe preseason means something (in which case the lines are better and Chase is in trouble) or it doesn't (in which case the lines are still suspect until proven otherwise and Chase will be fine.) Either way its questionable. 

Even if our lines are better this team always seems to be behind on preparedness comparatively speaking. And I have zero faith in Taylor improving this or pretty much anything.

Burrow is my real hang up. Unless hes on top of his game we're going nowhere. 

Did you watch the Preseason games? 

I know you cannot put much into them but I saw a lot different than the last 2 seasons with both Zac and Lou because of the new
coaches brought in along with the players. Pollack, Hobby, Walters, Golden along with the new players just seems different than 
the last few years, we will see, we better win at home against the Vikes is all I know or I will be saying the same thing.

Going nowhere this year, move on to a new HC. Mellow

But I think we win, and I am cautiously saying by a lot more than my initial prediction. Burrow and Chase will take a bit, but it will
come especially with improved play on the OL with the much better coaching in Pollack. Reiff is a major upgrade over Hart, Jonah 
will improve, Spain and XSF at Guard was good last year when they were at the Guard positions etc.
Reply/Quote
Are there any current reports of "mental struggles" from Joe Burrow? He's been fine for the vast majority of the camp/preseason period according to everyone I have heard from. This seems like one report from early camp just being extended perpetually by fans that won't consider any other reality without seeing snaps. I guess I can understand the mindset, but I also think it's silly.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:46 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Are there any current reports of "mental struggles" from Joe Burrow? He's been fine for the vast majority of the camp/preseason period according to everyone I have heard from. This seems like one report from early camp just being extended perpetually by fans that won't consider any other reality without seeing snaps. I guess I can understand the mindset, but I also think it's silly.

It is silly, I watched him in his first snaps, he was ALL THERE. Just penalties and drops need to be cleaned up.

Joe Burrow has no problem from what I saw.
Reply/Quote
Vikings 21-14
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 05:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Vikings 21-14

You think our Offense is going to be that bad against that D Ocho?

I don't, I think we score at least 27 and that is my cautious negativism speaking.

I love Zim but he has a bad roster on D to work with right now with no pass rush and they can't cover either besides Mack at Slot
and he is going against Boyd if Alexander is healthy. If we lose the way you say Zac Taylor should be gone right after. This needs 
to be an easy win and if not I will be nervous depending on the way we win.
Reply/Quote
Vikings 37
Bengals 31
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 05:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Vikings 37
Bengals 31

I could see this, but man, what a disappointment for the defense to start the season. Do you think we get abused more by the ground or air here?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think our Offense is going to be that bad against that D Ocho?

I don't, I think we score at least 27 and that is my cautious negativism speaking.

I love Zim but he has a bad roster on D to work with right now with no pass rush and they can't cover either besides Mack at Slot
and he is going against Boyd if Alexander is healthy. If we lose the way you say Zac Taylor should be gone right after. This needs 
to be an easy win and if not I will be nervous depending on the way we win.

I just want to see the offense (and defense) in a real game before saying they're better than last year's squad.
Frankly, I think you have too much optimism for an offense that was 29th in the league last year and basically just Green and Hart replaced with Chase and Reiff.

I think the Vikings could get a lot of rushing yards, and it's hard to stop Thielen and Jefferson in the passing game.
I think the Bengals will take 3-4 games to get their offense and defense going.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hey Bengal Nation. I just wanted to start out by saying that I am not from Ohio and it was by odd chance that I became STUCK as a Bengals Fan for too many years.

But I just wanted to encourage all of you to check out the new faith based movie/documentary SHOW ME THE FATHER by the KENDRICK BROTHERS coming out Sept. 10th. It has a little something for OSU Homers (Eddie George), Ohio people, and Bengals Fans (Deland McCollough). Thought I knew what the movie was about and where it was going..... then my jaw dropped.

Be Blessed,
Yogo
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 06:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I could see this, but man, what a disappointment for the defense to start the season. Do you think we get abused more by the ground or air here?

both, equally.

Jefferson and Thielen are one of the top duos in the league

Cook is a top 3 RB

the pass rush is gonna have to step up if we want this win
Reply/Quote
I was talking about this to friends. Lowkey I think Zim is on more or a hot seat then most realise. They've had a messy offseason and their defense also has a lot to prove. I think it will be a close 1 score game. Just not sure who comes out on top.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 07:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: both, equally.

Jefferson and Thielen are one of the top duos in the league

Cook is a top 3 RB

the pass rush is gonna have to step up if we want this win

Agreed, all the focus will be on Jefferson but there is a good chance Thielen will eat us alive. Like you said, need to get to Cousins… hoping Hendrickson shows his worth here.

Whoever wins the turnover battle probably wins this one, so hopefully we cause a cousins mistake or 2.
Reply/Quote
23-17 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Bengals 7-6.

Our 7th point is on a 1-pt safety.
Reply/Quote
Bengals Win 24-21

I see this game moving quickly... both teams will want to get the running game going IMO. Couple big plays in the play action
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 04:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It's hard to imagine Dalvin Cook NOT running wild on cincy's defense

Disagree with him running wild on our defense. Our run defense should be good this season. If Cook lights us up it would be in the passing game. Watch for them to isolate Cook on Pratt and Bell all game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Vikings vs Bengals preview

When Vikings have the Ball key matchups

How does the Bengals base defense matchup in the passing game? Look for the Vikings to throw the Ball short, early, and often. The key for the defense will be to avoid third and short situations.

Jefferson vs Apple- Apple has to step up in the absence of Wayne's. Look for Vikings to abuse this matchup.

TE and RBs vs LBs and Bells in the passing game. The Bengals are going to sell out to stop the run look for the Vikings to attack the LBers in the passing game early and often. Good news for us is that we won't be playing IRV Smith.

When Bengals are on offense-

Daniel Hunter vs Williams and Rieff- Hunter missed all of last season and he is the Vikings best pass rusher. Williams and Rieff need to shut him down.

IOL vs the Vikings DTs- Pierce is back for the Vikings after sitting out all of 2020. If the IOL can win this matchup then Mixon will have a big game.

Boyd vs Alexander- Look for Burrow to throw to his comfort blanket Boyd A lot in this game and early in the year. Alexander knows Boyd inside and out since they practiced all time against each other.

Prediction look for both Offenses to have big games against each other. I think the Vikings win but the Bengals are capable of winning this game.
Jefferson has a monumental game with 120 Yards and 2 TDs and Cook gets 50 Yards rushing but 75 Yards receiving with 1 TD.
Burrow throws 51 times for 350 yards and 3 TDs with 1 INT.
Vikings 31 Bengals 26
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bengals: 28

Zim: 18

I think Chase will have a very strong game and the narrative will change ("Was the preseason a work?!"). Burrow will throw for four scores and at least 350. The first sack of Burrow will be semi-controversial (not sure how yet... could be a penalty, low hit or missed assignment of some kind) but he'll play through it and the Jungle will breathe a sign of relief. Moss will catch a touchdown. Cam Sample will get a sack. Bates will celebrate the extension he signed on September 6 (three days from now).
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is silly, I watched him in his first snaps, he was ALL THERE. Just penalties and drops need to be cleaned up.

Joe Burrow has no problem from what I saw.

my take on the very limited sample size, is he rushed that pass to Chase, it looked high which told me he was a bit nervous about the knee.....
I think he just needs to take a few hits and then he will be 100% back to old JB. 
Reply/Quote
Vikings aren't good and I see us starting 4-0.

Bengals 31
Vikings 17
Reply/Quote