Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vikings vs Bengals predictions
(09-04-2021, 11:17 AM)kalibengal Wrote: my take on the very limited sample size, is he rushed that pass to Chase, it looked high which told me he was a bit nervous about the knee.....
I think he just needs to take a few hits and then he will be 100% back to old JB. 

The pass had to be quick and it was literally in chase's grill which I think is were you want it to be. I agree that sample size was very limited and I don't think you can tell anything about Burrow one way or the other from those plays.

Unfortunately it will take an actual game to see where he is and how he handle's the pocket around him and pressure in his face. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I just want to see the offense (and defense) in a real game before saying they're better than last year's squad.
Frankly, I think you have too much optimism for an offense that was 29th in the league last year and basically just Green and Hart replaced with Chase and Reiff.

I think the Vikings could get a lot of rushing yards, and it's hard to stop Thielen and Jefferson in the passing game.
I think the Bengals will take 3-4 games to get their offense and defense going.

Thanks just wanted to hear what you really thought brother.

Needed to be expanded and you did it. We will see. I have liked what i have seen from the PS.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 07:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The pass had to be quick and it was literally in chase's grill which I think is were you want it to be. I agree that sample size was very limited and I don't think you can tell anything about Burrow one way or the other from those plays.

Unfortunately it will take an actual game to see where he is and how he handle's the pocket around him and pressure in his face. 

Yes, it was a good pass that Chase dropped. Not Burrow's fault at all.
Reply/Quote
Vikings have good receivers, Bengals have good receivers.
Vikings have good running back, Bengals have good running back
Vikings have good quarterback, Bengals have good quarterback
Vikings are rebuilding lousy defense, Bengals are rebuilding lousy defense
Vikings seemed to have a better O Line than Bengals in 2020, but Who didn't.
Vikings have Coach Zimmer, Bengals have Coach Taylor. Zimmer made Marvin look better than he was for a few years.

It's too early to Predict. Preseason showed Nothing by all NFL Teams as we saw little of The Starters.

I Predict Bengals NEED this Win. It is at home in Cincinnati. It is against a team that had their own problems in 2020. Zimmers head is on the chopping block just as much as Taylors. YOU WIN AT HOME. That is The Goal. The Road is Hard, so You Win At Home.

If Bengals Lose Home Opener, that is a real kick in the pants to start the season.

KEY TO VICTORY : Bengals O Line must step up for Mixon and Burrow gimpy after 2020 injuries. Blocking must be better to Win.

WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN : Bengals not only lose, but Burrow is re-injured for season and maybe career due to no blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Vikings 28
Bengals 24

- The defense has been the talk of camp but I still don’t trust Anarumo
-I could see Dalvin Cook having a huge game ,don’t trust the run D until I see it stop someone when it matters
- 3 new CB’s vs Jefferson and Thielen. Ali Apple is starting which is scary he’s not good and I think will have a rough time.
- Offense will be rusty Burrow / Hopkins both coming off ACL’s , Chase a rookie. Taylor’s play calling dosent impress me I could see Zimmer out coaching him with a good game plan defensively.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 10:30 AM)kevin Wrote: WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN :  Bengals not only lose, but Burrow is re-injured for season and maybe career due to no blocking.

Damn that's heavy lol
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How so? 

The Vikes are an excellent team coached by a real coach.I see the bungles getting it handed to them,too many mistakes and penalties.I am seeing them win by 3 or better.I will gladly eat this if them pull it off.Please,no injuries.This franchise is cursed with injuries,like last 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 03:33 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: The Vikes are an excellent team coached by a real coach.I see the bungles getting it handed to them,too many mistakes and penalties.I am seeing them win by 3 or better.I will gladly eat this if them pull it off.Please,no injuries.This franchise is cursed with injuries,like last 10 years.

Excellent team? They won 7 games last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 03:33 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Please,no injuries.This franchise is cursed with injuries,like last 10 years.

Way to go. You just jinxed the entire team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 03:21 PM)tms Wrote: Damn that's heavy lol

If not overly dramatic... We need to cut out the doom and gloom with Burrow. He tore his ACL and whatever else on a play that is likely to never replicate itself. Let it go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 04:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Excellent team? They won 7 games last year.

Vikings 7 wins in 2020
Zac 6 lifetime

I know they're not really excellent, but we're terrible until we show otherwise. Next Sunday is a good place to start.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: Vikings 7 wins in 2020
Zac 6 lifetime

I know they're not really excellent, but we're terrible until we show otherwise. Next Sunday is a good place to start.

And that’s all I addressed in my post. I didn’t say anything about us.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that’s all I addressed in my post. I didn’t say anything about us.

Yeah I know... But for all of the moaning that goes on about every drop, signing, lack of signing, lack of re-signing a lot of us (not necessarily you) are writing off these first few games. The Bengals were at least watchable with Burrow under center last year, but they've been God awful since the Atlanta game in 2018. I'd say only the Jets come close to matching us. Honestly the Jets have been worse, but the Vikings aren't slouches, neither are the Bears. The Steelers are our daddy minus their collapse late last year. I think Trevor Lawrence is the real deal too. We're gonna have to come out swinging next week.

It'll be kinda funny if Chase and Jefferson both score, and break out the same TD dance though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Minnesota 24
Bengals 14

I feel like Joey B will take some time. He needed the preseason snaps but I'm glad they protected him. The Vikings have a strong DL and Zimmer. He will scheme up a defense that'll make life hard on Mixon and Burrow. If the Bengals offense looks good the league better take notice. They have a stacked deck against them.
Reply/Quote
The terms "rust," "chemistry" and "it's only the first game" will be used.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 07:05 AM)Burreaux Wrote: Minnesota 24
Bengals 14

I feel like Joey B will take some time. He needed the preseason snaps but I'm glad they protected him. The Vikings have a strong DL and Zimmer. He will scheme up a defense that'll make life hard on Mixon and Burrow. If the Bengals offense looks good the league better take notice. They have a stacked deck against them.

With the Vikings that might of been the case a few years ago with that DL and Zim but they certainly looked poor to me this 
Preseason, much worse than we did in the trenches. I find it to be the opposite and the Vikings really have it cut out for them
going into this game, that is if the play in the trenches carries on into the regular season. Pollack and Hobby look to have really
turned around our play on both sides of the ball with the new additions to boot.

We will be at home with the Vikes playing in those hot dark purple jerseys which could be another factor we are forgetting.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 08:44 AM)Destro Wrote: The terms "rust," "chemistry" and "it's only the first game" will be used.

Probably, but you know “0-17” will get thrown out there when we drive the field but have a turnover, or if the Vikes have a long drive.
Reply/Quote
31-24, Bengals win. but it's not really that close, Vikes get a garbage time TD, it could be worse if the Unvaccinated Cousins can't avoid close contact with anyone that gets flagged with covid. The Vikes will lose several games this year from that.
Reply/Quote
I’m a pessimist but this game looks winnable. That being said I’ve been a fan long enough to now trust my heart. Min by 3
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 05:42 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: I’m a pessimist but this game looks winnable. That being said I’ve been a fan long enough to now trust my heart. Min by 3

Bengals- 41   Vikings-10
Reply/Quote