Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Volson with 1st team
granted Carman isn't practicing at all...but still.

Great news about Tee

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Glad to see Burrow back out there and looking good. I can't tell who the receiver is on this play.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 05:19 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Glad to see Burrow back out there and looking good. I can't tell who the receiver is on this play.

I believe it’s One of the Trents. Irwin, I believe.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 05:27 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I believe it’s One of the Trents. Irwin, I believe.

That's what I was thinking. I heard Burrow hit a longish pass to one of the Trent's. I'm assuming that was the pass.
Reply/Quote
Carman "injured" is interesting. Volson with 1st team by default we can take with a grain of salt. It is a good opportunity for him tho. Carman losing the job to Volson would be a huge admittance that the pick was bad. It may be one they are willing to make while under the honeymoon of a SB run.

Whatever they need to do, the line has to improve. Hopefully he shines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Believe it was inevitable that Volson was going to get some work with the first team soon even if Carman was not hurt.

He looked good against the back ups and we need to see what he can do against starters.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 05:19 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Glad to see Burrow back out there and looking good. I can't tell who the receiver is on this play.

Agree 

Plus he was running sprints with the team before the pre-season game too. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:59 PM)pally Wrote: granted Carman isn't practicing at all...but still.

Carman must have gotten a sprained neck watching all those rusher blow by him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Carman "injured" is interesting. Volson with 1st team by default we can take with a grain of salt. It is a good opportunity for him tho. Carman losing the job to Volson would be a huge admittance that the pick was bad. It may be one they are willing to make while under the honeymoon of a SB run.

Whatever they need to do, the line has to improve. Hopefully he shines.

Zac said Carman would be in an elbow brace for several days but "its no big deal"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:36 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said Carman would be in an elbow brace for several days but "its no big deal"

Must have injured the elbow with one of his turnstile block techniques ?
Reply/Quote
According to the PFF grades, Volson was the 4th highest rated Bengals player on offense for Friday's preseason game:

Top 5 offense
WR Kendric Pryor: 92.5
WR Trent Taylor: 87.1
RB Jacques Patrick: 78.8
OG Cordell Volson: 74.8
TE Scotty Washington: 69.9

Top 5 defense
LB Clarence Hicks: 83.1
CB Abu Daramy-Swaray: 77.6
LB Keandre Jones: 70.2
S Dax Hill: 69.6
CB Jalen Davis: 69.5

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-pff-grades-best-worst-players-preseason-opener-cardinals/
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 08:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: According to the PFF grades, Volson was the 4th highest rated Bengals player on offense for Friday's preseason game:

Top 5 offense
WR Kendric Pryor: 92.5
WR Trent Taylor: 87.1
RB Jacques Patrick: 78.8
OG Cordell Volson: 74.8
TE Scotty Washington: 69.9

Top 5 defense
LB Clarence Hicks: 83.1
CB Abu Daramy-Swaray: 77.6
LB Keandre Jones: 70.2
S Dax Hill: 69.6
CB Jalen Davis: 69.5

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-pff-grades-best-worst-players-preseason-opener-cardinals/

Surprised to see Zach Carter's grade so low 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:59 PM)pally Wrote: granted Carman isn't practicing at all...but still.

Great news about Tee

they have seen enough maybe

OG Jackson Carman: 54.7, 19.3 pass-blocking grade

i have
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Surprised to see Zach Carter's grade so low 

I'd have to go find the post, but his pass rush grade was better than his overall grade indicated.

EDIT - I was able to find the numbers.
Run defense - 46.2
Pass rush - 54.6
4 tackles
2 stops
1 hurry
1 total pressure

Not sure why his overall grade was just about his RD grade when he did more pass rushing snaps.
Perhaps he got a penalty to bring his grade down? I wasn't able to watch the game, and I can't seem to find a list of penalties from it either.
That's one thing I don't actually like about PFF - there isn't enough transparency to show how the overall grade was calculated from the sub-grades.
I would think Carter's grade should, if anything, be about midway between 46.2 and 54.6, which would put him at 50.1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they have seen enough maybe

OG Jackson Carman: 54.7, 19.3 pass-blocking grade

i have

Hopefully he didn’t actually go out there with an elbow injury and then they start using that as an excuse.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe it was inevitable that Volson was going to get some work with the first team soon even if Carman was not hurt.

He looked good against the back ups and we need to see what he can do against starters.

Seems a bit more of Volson getting reps since Carman did practice and get in some reps also.
Reply/Quote
They said Hendrickson and Ossai and two others (subs) in separate fights. Ossai and Trey just loud arguing. Boy it’s that time in training camp.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They said Hendrickson and Ossai and two others (subs) in separate fights. Ossai and Trey just loud arguing. Boy it’s that time in training camp.

Players are getting sick of hitting each other day after day. Can’t wait to see them take it out on the Stoolers week one.
Reply/Quote
Hey, I still think Carman can be a great Left Guard but Volson played great from what I saw against the Cards.

All I want is the best players starting. Volson was a great pick man, love this kid.

Nothing against Carman but he better watch his ass, Volson could steal his starting spot if injuries happen or if he
doesn't show his talent. Volson is that technically sound and can play all over the line and is just a hard working
Offensive Lineman who won't let up. Perfect pick to push Carman or take his spot if he doesn't show up.

It's all good.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, I still think Carman can be a great Left Guard but Volson played great from what I saw against the Cards.

All I want is the best players starting. Volson was a great pick man, love this kid.

Nothing against Carman but he better watch his ass, Volson could steal his starting spot if injuries happen or if he
doesn't show his talent. Volson is that technically sound and can play all over the line and is just a hard working
Offensive Lineman who won't let up. Perfect pick to push Carman or take his spot if he doesn't show up.

It's all good.

The Nate endorsement of death.  Ninja

Last time I remember you talking like that on OL was Ogbuehi and Fisher who you were real high on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote