Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell returning to the Bengals
https://twitter.com/BengalsTalk/status/1768102125706334247
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Bell will help the run defense...A LOT.
Reply/Quote
This is a good signing as if gives us both depth and a veteran presence in the room that can come in if things get sideways.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see him back, no downside to taking advantage of this value signing.
Reply/Quote
$6M fully guaranteed by Carolina similar to Russel Wilson w/Denver. Bengals signing for the minimum!
Reply/Quote
There it is. 2-2 tonight.

Reply/Quote
I guess this is what made taking the dead cap hit with Scott easier.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Safety room is looking strong all of the sudden. So Bell and Stone going to start?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Need a RT and would love to see Reader.

CB too.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Safety room is looking strong all of the sudden. So Bell and Stone going to start?

We might play 3 safeties at times.

Hill might move to cb too.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Safety room is looking strong all of the sudden. So Bell and Stone going to start?

Battle will start still would be my guess.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see him back, but I am a little confused.

How many safeties are we planning on starting? Is Dax getting Carman'd?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Glad to see him back, but I am a little confused.

They said they had to make a decision of if Hill was staying Safety or moving to CB and I think this officially tells us he is a CB now.
Reply/Quote
We’ll see what the plan is. Battle needs the snaps but I’m not complaining about the return.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I reported on an interview I listened to w/ Lou a few weeks back and it appears he was true to his word. He said Hill and Battle can/will play all over the D-backfield.

Hell, (IMO, don't attack) Dax has the skillset to play the boundry.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Glad to see him back, but I am a little confused.

They show very little patience at times; John Ross was discarded almost immediately, as was Carman, surely not Dax too.....?

I can say with confidence that Ross and Carman were not the coaches preference, I cant say that Dax was either.  I do know the coaches were very high on keeping Bates.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I reported on an interview I listened to w/ Lou a few weeks back and it appears he was true to his word. He said Hill and Battle can/will play all over the D-backfield.

Hell, (IMO, don't attack) Dax has the skillset to play the boundry.

I agree with Dax potentially being able to play the boundary.
Reply/Quote
Of course I like it. Love Vonn Bell, like others say it is a little confusing with Battle's good play as rookie and where to use Dax.

But the mad scientist in Lou will figure something out and yes, Vonn definitely helps in stopping the run. This is Hilton's last year
on his contract and I would like to see Dax on TE's more often as he was the best Defending TE's last year.
Reply/Quote

Bell won't start Battle will. But Bell will play quite a bit.
Reply/Quote