Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell returning to the Bengals
(03-14-2024, 07:44 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Bell is a great leader and motivator for the team. Love this signing

and a great mentor for the young bucks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Absolutely... don't think the Bengals expected him to move last year. Happy to have him back is an understatement. Great moneywise to boot.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 04:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Absolutely... don't think the Bengals expected him to move last year. Happy to have him back is an understatement. Great moneywise to boot.

They were clearly blindsided by Vonn leaving last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They were clearly blindsided by Vonn leaving last year.

Believe they were blindsided as well but since Burrow got hurt anyway it worked out for the best with the Bengals getting Vonn back mostly on Carolina's dime. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm very happy to have Bell back. It is, however a bit confounding to see them potentially bury both young safeties behind two vets. I'd say to outside vets, but one is and one only kind of its. I think Dax still has potential. I certainly don't think he's a guy that will benefit from less snaps. He may not be the best communicator back there, but he's not a lost cause.

It's nice to have Vonn, but it will be a shame if our first rounder from two years ago turns out to be a bust.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 05:10 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm very happy to have Bell back.  It is, however a bit confounding to see them potentially bury both young safeties behind two vets.  I'd say to outside vets, but one is and one only kind of its.  I think Dax still has potential.  I certainly don't think he's a guy that will benefit from less snaps.  He may not be the best communicator back there, but he's not a lost cause.  

It's nice to have Vonn, but it will be a shame if our first rounder from two years ago turns out to be a bust.

He's probably gonna be playing corner.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 04:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Absolutely... don't think the Bengals expected him to move last year. Happy to have him back is an understatement. Great moneywise to boot.

I don’t think they thought Carolina or anybody would overpay like that. Vonn obviously left on good terms and allowed them to match which of course they didn’t.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Super glad to have Bell back! This is a fantastic move!
Reply/Quote
I was upset we let both of our safeties go last year, and was really hoping we would keep Bell. I'm really glad that we got him back on a super cheap deal. I still think they're going to be looking for a long term solution to safety, but this will definitely give the Bengals a year of a solid vet that knows the system. Hopefully he'll help our run defense, especially with a very run heavy AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 02:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: In case the image above is not working.

GIpMPXAXwAAbNYv

Saw this stat earlier; I'm wondering how many of these plays came when he was playing Man to man vs short zone vs deep zone  alignment?

While I don't think Dax is the future at FS I think he has the ability to play at a very high level at Nickle or SS. His combination of blitzing, man Coverage, and run defense will make him a special player!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 05:10 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm very happy to have Bell back.  It is, however a bit confounding to see them potentially bury both young safeties behind two vets.  I'd say to outside vets, but one is and one only kind of its.  I think Dax still has potential.  I certainly don't think he's a guy that will benefit from less snaps.  He may not be the best communicator back there, but he's not a lost cause.  

I love the competition it creates in camp. Who is to say Bell wins a starting gig? 

I love the safety room now, great combo of vets and young guys. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote