Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vonn to Panthers
Reply/Quote
CGJ, Thornhill, and a couple others I think could be in play.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: CGJ, Thornhill, and a couple others I think could be in play.

Vonn was a tremendous leader in the locker room and meetings, film study. Sucks to lose him. I honestly thought he was all but guaranteed to come back. Interested in what the money looks like.
Reply/Quote
Probably why we signed Pratt. Probably offered Bell 7M per. He turned it down and then they offered it to Pratt.
Reply/Quote
That’s a shame he was such an influence for us. Thought he’d be back.
Reply/Quote
Ouch. I wanted Bell back.
Reply/Quote
I’m not so sure that Bates isn’t still in play then. Bengals may have decided to go with the younger Bates
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This one hurts me. Loved Vonn Bell. Thornhill has to be on our minds now. Not ready to throw both Dax and Tycen to the
wolves this year.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Shit.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bates back in play?

They must be offering him a hell of a deal because they aren’t competing anytime soon.

That hit on the tiktoker reignited a franchise.

Good luck Vonn
Reply/Quote
It's a dark day
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Vonn was a tremendous leader in the locker room and meetings, film study. Sucks to lose him. I honestly thought he was all but guaranteed to come back. Interested in what the money looks like.

It's only a deal in principle, the Bengals could still make Vonn Bell and offer before he can legally sign with the Panthers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This one hurts
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Bell was the #1 Bengals FA I wanted back.

I guess he chased the $s over the Ws. Don't blame him, but kind of a bummer regardless.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Must be for the money because he ain’t winning many games over there
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not so sure that Bates isn’t still in play then. Bengals may have decided to go with the younger Bates

Depends on cost.
Reply/Quote
Bell was the guy I most wanted to keep.
Sucks he's gone.
With Bates still not agreed to anything yet, it could be possible we see him back and Hill cover SS.
Or some of the other vet FAs that people have mentioned, or even giving Michael Thomas a shot at starting next to Hill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bell was the #1 Bengals FA I wanted back.

I guess he chased the $s over the Ws. Don't blame him, but kind of a bummer regardless.

Should be a lesson for the entire board lol. people care about maximizing their earning potentials over a very very short playing career. They have about 5 years to make as much money as they can so they can survive a lifetime. W’s don’t pay for their mortgage and kids college tuition.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Had to have been offered a nice chunk of change. This is probably Bell’s last contract, so going for the big bucks over a chance at a championship makes sense. Unless the Bengals didn’t bother to offer him anything.

Sucks to see him go. He will be remembered for the “hit that changed the Bengals” against JuJu.
Reply/Quote