Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vonn to Panthers
(03-13-2023, 06:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought they could still sign with the Bengals if the Bengals offered them a contract they liked. I’m not saying it’s likely.

Well, they could technically still sign with anyone, but no team would ever work with that agent again. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:46 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Pretty sure that’s burrow, and there ain’t no burrow in this draft.

He is playing for a team fighting to get to 500

Well when Burrow wins the SB you can call Vonn and give him the nyeah nyeahs.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:35 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: That hit on the tiktoker reignited a franchise.

Damn right it did. It’s going to suck hard to lose him.

Reply/Quote
I thought the FA market opened up this Wednesday. Vonn could just jump ship as a URFA before it opens up?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 07:02 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I thought the FA market opened up this Wednesday.  Vonn could just jump ship as a URFA before it opens up?

Transactions cannot be official until Wednesday, but the legal tampering period begins today, so they can (officially) agree to terms starting today.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Damn that sucks. Wanted to keep him. So looks like we lost both safety’s now. Damnit guess I’ll have to keep that in mind with my mocks from now on.
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t expecting that.
Reply/Quote
Surprised that they lost Bell but re-signed Pratt. Guess you never know

I can’t see them spending $10 million plus on a safety but they do need to sign a veteran to play back there.
Reply/Quote
We have to get Gardner-Johnson from Philly. That makes me think we'll also be drafting Jordan Battle-Alabama in Round 2
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well when Burrow wins the SB you can call Vonn and give him the nyeah nyeahs.

No. This may have been panned. Wasn’t aware of his age. Bengals typically chase youth in FA. Ben is the latest in these probable moves.
Reply/Quote
This one hurts. Don't care Bates left. Bate's replacement is Hill. But now losing Bell means either draft Safety in very thin safety class or signing that dude, Cj Gardener.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bell was the #1 Bengals FA I wanted back.

I guess he chased the $s over the Ws. Don't blame him, but kind of a bummer regardless.

I want to be the 1st to say this…if Bryce Young fights for ROY the Panthers are my surprise team like the Giants were this year.

Oops nvm I’m thinking Bears. Panthers are gonna SUCK
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 07:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This one hurts. Don't care Bates left. Bate's replacement is Hill. But now losing Bell means either draft Safety in very thin safety class or signing that dude, Cj Gardener.

We HAVE to have a free agent deal on the table for a guy

I see no way we risk going into the season with Basically 2 rookie safeties. Lou’s defense worked because our safety play was so elite. Lou’s whole D changes if those safeties can’t be trusted.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 07:24 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: We have to get Gardner-Johnson from Philly. That makes me think we'll also be drafting Jordan Battle-Alabama in Round 2

Also remember there have been Bengals coaches that say they like Tycen Anderson.

I think we’re starting both
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Sucks to lose Bell!

On the plus side there was no way we could re-sign everyone.

This means there is more money to spend on other players.

I'm not sure if this means we can re-sign Bates, or if we are going younger at safety.

I think Hill will improve this year. Not sure about any of the other young safeties though.
Reply/Quote
Damn.... Thanks for the memories Vonn
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:51 PM)pulses Wrote: We better be signing Thornhill or Gardner Johnson TODAY!!!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/13/23626531/vonn-bell-panthers-bengals-free-agency-news-rumors-nfl

I didn't mind losing Bates, I expected that, but I really don't like this!  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I didn't mind losing Bates, I expected that, but I really don't like this!  

I don't either. At least their are decent guys still available. Goodberry posted on twitter he had 3 guys rated as high as Bell who are available so maybe it's not so bad?  
Reply/Quote
Terms: #Panthers signed former #Bengals safety Vonn Bell to a 3-year, $22.5M deal with $13M guaranteed, per source.

Bet the Bengals balked at the guaranteed $$$
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Terms: #Panthers signed former #Bengals safety Vonn Bell to a 3-year, $22.5M deal with $13M guaranteed, per source.

Bet the Bengals balked at the guaranteed $$$

I’d be surprised if we didn’t offer a similar deal. But knowing us i believe we would’ve guaranteed a good portion it so idk. I’d love to know what we offered
-Housh
Reply/Quote