Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR 1 or 2
So with Marvin unfortunately gone and Sanu moving on, I think we will need to take a receiver in the first couple rounds. Who do you see us taking /available to us in the first couple rounds?

1. Laquon Treadwell -Ole Miss
2. Josh Doctson- TCU
3. Tyler Boyd- Pittsburgh
4. Braxton Miller - Ohio State
5. Will Fuller - Notre Dame
6.Leonte Carroo- Rutgers
7. Corey Coleman - Baylor
8. Michael Thompson - Ohio State
9. Pharoh Cooper - South Carolina
10. Sterling Shepherd - OSU
11. Tajae Sharp - Mass
12. Kenny Lawler - Cal

I'm really high on Fuller I think he would step in and replace Jones well.

I like Doctson too I think he'd be an upgrade over Sanu.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:51 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: So with Marvin unfortunately gone and Sanu moving on, I think we will need to take a receiver in the first couple rounds. Who do you see us taking /available to us in the first couple rounds?

2. Josh Doctson- TCU
6.Leonte Carroo- Rutgers
11. Tajae Sharp - Mass
12. Kenny Lawler - Cal

I want Doctson, Coleman, Fuller, or Boyd. I would love to get one of them in the first 2 rounds, along with Miller in the third. I would not take Miller in the first 2 rounds due to his lack of experience at WR and injury history, though i think he will be taken in the late second somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Docston is my personal #1.

Bengals have met with Coleman.

I'm actually not that high on Treadwell or Fuller to be honest.

I also like Boyd in the 2nd round.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals draft two WRs
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:51 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: So with Marvin unfortunately gone and Sanu moving on, I think we will need to take a receiver in the first couple rounds. Who do you see us taking /available to us in the first couple rounds?

2. Josh Doctson- TCU
6.Leonte Carroo- Rutgers
11. Tajae Sharp - Mass
12. Kenny Lawler - Cal

Not sure why Shepard doesnt get much love here. Dude is gonna be excellent. He's the kind of guy we like,very strong and fast and can get seperation. I'd draft him ideally in 3 but I think we'd have to take him in 2 to get him. Then I like guys like Malcolm Mitchell,Tajae Sharp,Mike Thomas,Keyarris Garrett. All later on.

Rashard Higgins is another I like real well.
Reply/Quote
I would go Sterling Shepard in the second round. He is a great route runner and can play the slot and the outside. I like his toughness and the fact that he has played big time football at Oklahoma. Another guy I like in the later rounds is Rashad Higgins. That kid in nice!
Reply/Quote
I really like Doctson. I like guys that just go take the ball. With his body control and ability to go get it I think he can be special. The only concern I have with him is he is going to be 24 years old as a rookie. Mike Evans is 22. Keenan Allen is 23. Marvin Jones is 25 but he will be 26 in a few days. So he would be older for first round WR standards.
Reply/Quote
I've been high on Doctson and Shepard for several months now. Sucks they both rose up in rankings by at least a round, but I think Doctson is well worth our first rounder if available and same with Shepard in round 2.

Never been a big believer in Coleman, seen him drop multiple EASY passes in one game and his game just never impressed me, that's a case where I think the numbers do lie. I've kinda bought into the hype the closer we get to the draft but my gut still says he's not worth our first rounder. As a big buckeye I can also say there is no way in hell we should take Braxton in the first 2 rounds, if he's there in 3 I'd consider it but not before.

I unlike many have also been a fan of will fuller as a good deep threat opposite aj to replace Marvin. He had drop issues but also has elite speed to balance those out a bit. Like Lawler as a sleeper. Dont want Michael Thomas *not Thompson FYI* in the first, but worth a 2nd rounder. And then there is Tyler Boyd who seems to be the quiet guy as far as mocks go, could be a great under the radar 2nd rounder for us if he lasts that long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:40 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: I would go Sterling Shepard in the second round. He is a great route runner and can play the slot and the outside. I like his toughness and the fact that he has played big time football at Oklahoma. Another guy I like in the later rounds is Rashad Higgins. That kid in nice!

I like Shepard too and Marvin was on hand for his Pro Day. 

I also think Mitchell out of UGA is severely under-valued. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It's vitally important to at least sign some sort of fringe WR that can start if needed. Starting a rookie isn't ideal, and a guy like Fuller may have big upside to stretch the field but he may drive us crazy early on. Not only with drops, but he may be the last option on the field a lot until Andy gains confidence and chemistry with him. You don't want to be "forced" to draft a 1st rounder needing a starter, especially since a really good WR like Boyd or Braxton could be there in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
What's good is that this class is filled with ideal #2s, there may not be a WR in the top 10.

Perfect for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Shepard too and Marvin was on hand for his Pro Day. 

I also think Mitchell out of UGA is severely under-valued. 

I agree on Mitchell.  The injuries have hurt his draft stock, but could be a late round gem if he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
For all the great draft moves the Bengals have made over the past few years, they really got caught with their pants down on the WR group. They know BOTH Sanu and Jones would be up after this year. They really need to draft 2 WRs early this year (rounds 1-3).
Reply/Quote
Hard to tell how they will fall....if they avoid a wr in the 1st then they may have to trade up in the 2nd. Or maybe just trade back in the 1st.

Right now i like Doctson or Coleman in 1. If Treadwell falls, that's an option.

Thomas, Shephard, or Boyd in 2.

This class was a disappointment at the combine. Unlikely to find a starter in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Docston is my personal #1.

Bengals have met with Coleman.

I'm actually not that high on Treadwell or Fuller to be honest.

I also like Boyd in the 2nd round.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals draft two WRs

we seem to draft 2 at a time...

Caldwell
simpson

Sanu
Jones
Reply/Quote
Big on Fuller and Boyd. I also really like Tajae Sharpe's size and footwork. From what I've read he's good on routes. Could be a really nice pickup in the third or fourth round.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: For all the great draft moves the Bengals have made over the past few years, they really got caught with their pants down on the WR group.  They know BOTH Sanu and Jones would be up after this year.  They really need to draft 2 WRs early this year (rounds 1-3).

Marvin and Mo worked well with Andy. Chemistry is hard to replace in the short term. I'm pretty certain we'll take 2 WRs again in the draft. I just hope Duke finds us the right 2. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:40 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: I would go Sterling Shepard in the second round. He is a great route runner and can play the slot and the outside. I like his toughness and the fact that he has played big time football at Oklahoma. Another guy I like in the later rounds is Rashad Higgins. That kid in nice!

Shepard is an absolute beast he was a game changer at Oklahoma. Only reason he is not a first round grade is because of his smaller size at 5'10" 195lbs. If he were 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier he would be an easy first rounder.

He has good hands, great quickness, great routes and plays tough wanting the ball with game on the line. IMO he would be a real threat opposite Green and Eifert, but we know this Bengals management love taller receivers so I just don't know if they will go there.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:16 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Shepard is an absolute beast he was a game changer at Oklahoma. Only reason he is not a first round grade is because of his smaller size at 5'10" 195lbs. If he were 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier he would be an easy first rounder.

He has good hands, great quickness, great routes and plays tough wanting the ball with game on the line. IMO he would be a real threat opposite Green and Eifert, but we know this Bengals management love taller receivers so I just don't know if they will go there.

Maybe knowing the best WR in the league is roughly Shepherd's size will affect that thinking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

2. Josh Doctson- TCU
6.Leonte Carroo- Rutgers
11. Tajae Sharp - Mass

12. Kenny Lawler - Cal

I'm partially interested in Fuller, but the other guys I highlighted are all good to go.
The rest I would stay away from. There is also some that are not listed, but would be great projects.

Paul McRoberts SE Missouri  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z89P42Fmqk
Darrin Peterson Liberty  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-LYVKc7bo
Jamaal Jones Montana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04mwcBpUuM
LaDarius Brown Sam Houston State https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJP0seKFAKs
Jatavius Stewart William Penn University  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/534296/jatavius-stewart
Ellis Henderson Montana Couldn't find any on him.
Reply/Quote
If first round, Doctson. People act like he's slow...he ran 0.02 seconds slower in the 40 compared to MLJ...he has enough speed. He has tremendous leaping and catching ability. Good size. Ideal WR2.

I like Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard in the second. Boyd slower but compared very well to Keenan Allen. Shepard dynamic slot receiver and PR. No to Braxton Miller. Can't afford a project at WR right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote