Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WR Mike Thomas Signed
(03-21-2020, 01:03 AM)Mobster Wrote: Dude, signing a guy who has been a career special teams guy who will be battling for the final WR slot has zero impact on who we draft at the top of round 2.

Y'all crack me up sometimes ?

AJ Green's replacement will not be at #33 unless Mims is there.  Maybe Higgins.  If Mims is there they take him.  Remember, Tate was taken in round 7.  TJ Housh round 7. Marvin Jones in round 5.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: AJ Green's replacement will not be at #33 unless Mims is there.  Maybe Higgins.  If Mims is there they take him.  Remember, Tate was taken in round 7.  TJ Housh round 7.  Marvin Jones in round 5.  

I think the greater point he made is that the new guy is not gonna make or break our receiver corps.  It's about perspective.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:15 AM)McC Wrote: I think the greater point he made is that the new guy is not gonna make or break our receiver corps.  It's about perspective.

I think he will be 4th WR behind Green Boyd Tate.  Maybe 5th if Burrow makes Ross look good.  But you know, we are talking about Ross.  

Goff is good but like Dalton, can make his WR struggle at times with ball placement.  Burrow is the man. I know highlights make anyone look good but watch this guy. I think Bengal fans will love this guy like Housh....

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The guy has made the Rams roster for his first 4 yrs. A better roster than the Bengals; and, he has been the 5th WR for them behind good WR's there. And, he's played good ST's.
The Bengals need to replace Fej as he was a core ST's guy.
Taylor knows this guy, coached him, and knows his value on ST's and WR; and, knew he could challenge for the 4th, 5th WR position.

The bottom line is the Bengals got better today with a replacement for Fej and competition in the WR room. Plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:19 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he will be 4th WR behind Green Boyd Tate.  Maybe 5th if Burrow makes Ross look good.  But you know, we are talking about Ross.  

Goff is good but like Dalton, can make his WR struggle at times with ball placement.  Burrow is the man. I know highlights make anyone look good but watch this guy. I think Bengal fans will love this guy like Housh....

No way this guy jumps ahead of Ross. If JR is healthy he’s a starter.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No way this guy jumps ahead of Ross. If JR is healthy he’s a starter.

I am talking about Ross's health....Ross also drops passes in the basket. I think Thomas and Tate are similar players.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:26 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: The guy has made the Rams roster for his first 4 yrs. A better roster than the Bengals; and, he has been the 5th WR for them behind good WR's there. And, he's played good ST's.
The Bengals need to replace Fej as he was a core ST's guy.
Taylor knows this guy, coached him, and knows his value on ST's and WR; and, knew he could challenge for the 4th, 5th WR position.

The bottom line is the Bengals got better today with a replacement for Fej and competition in the WR room. Plain and simple.

Okay I got nothing better to do. Mind you this is Wikipedia's listed final roster I'm not going to fact check anything

• Tavon Austin - Versatile but nothing special
  • Pharoh Cooper ® - Versatile but less special
  • Paul McRoberts (UD R) - UDRFA, in the CFL PS
  • Brian Quick - Out of the league
  • Mike Thomas ® - On the bengals
  • Tavon Austin 
  • Pharoh Cooper
  • Copper Kupp ® - He's alright
  • Josh Reynolds ® - He's a body
  • Mike Thomas
  • Sammy Watkins - Really talented, but has under performed in his career IMO. He got himself a super bowl ring.
  • Robert Woods - I like Robert Woods. Kinda reminds me of Boyd. He's pretty pretty pretty good.
  • Brandin Cooks - Yeah he's pretty good
  • KhaDarel Hodge ® - Plays special teams for the Browns
  • JoJo Natson - Exclusively a return guy
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Robert Woods
  • Cooper Kupp (IR)
  • Mike Thomas (IR)
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Cooper Kupp
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Mike Thomas
  • Nsimba Wbester ® - Only fielded a few returns
  • Robert Woods
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Okay I got nothing better to do. Mind you this is Wikipedia's listed final roster I'm not going to fact check anything

• Tavon Austin - Versatile but nothing special
  • Pharoh Cooper ® - Versatile but less special
  • Paul McRoberts (UD R) - UDRFA, in the CFL PS
  • Brian Quick - Out of the league
  • Mike Thomas ® - On the bengals
  • Tavon Austin 
  • Pharoh Cooper
  • Copper Kupp ® - He's alright
  • Josh Reynolds ® - He's a body
  • Mike Thomas
  • Sammy Watkins - Really talented, but has under performed in his career IMO. He got himself a super bowl ring.
  • Robert Woods - I like Robert Woods. Kinda reminds me of Boyd. He's pretty pretty pretty good.
  • Brandin Cooks - Yeah he's pretty good
  • KhaDarel Hodge ® - Plays special teams for the Browns
  • JoJo Natson - Exclusively a return guy
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Robert Woods
  • Cooper Kupp (IR)
  • Mike Thomas (IR)
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Cooper Kupp
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Mike Thomas
  • Nsimba Wbester ® - Only fielded a few returns
  • Robert Woods

Why are you working overtime to prove this guy sucks? So you got called out on the unnecessary hate. Suck it up and move on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:17 AM)McC Wrote: Why are you working overtime to prove this guy sucks? So you got called out on the unnecessary hate. Suck it up and move on.

All he did was question why people were so excited about this guy (posting highlights, saying we don’t need a WR in the draft, etc). Which was a perfectly fair question, I myself was wondering about.

Not sure how that’s OTT “hate.”

Reply/Quote
It's a nice depth/ST signing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:17 AM)McC Wrote: Why are you working overtime to prove this guy sucks?  So you got called out on the unnecessary hate.  Suck it up and move on.

I didn't hate on him. I only asked why everyone was excited about a guy with 10 catches in four years. And that one dude said it took WR off the board. And I asked this like 5 posts in. 

And I only listed the WR groups he was in to see who he competed with the past 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All he did was question why people were so excited about this guy (posting highlights, saying we don’t need a WR in the draft, etc). Which was a perfectly fair question, I myself was wondering about.

Not sure how that’s OTT “hate.”

Who the hell was excited? 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I didn't hate on him. I only asked why everyone was excited about a guy with 10 catches in four years. And that one dude said it took WR off the board. And I asked this like 5 posts in. 

And I only listed the WR groups he was in to see who he competed with the past 4 years.

Everyone?

Reply/Quote
Okay okay we have a troll here lets just move on from that part of the conversation. Some people only want to argue.

Final analysis: Depth signing (probably competing for spots 5 and 6), special teams guy that has worked with Coach Taylor before.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:35 AM)McC Wrote: Who the hell was excited? 

Not sure why you’re being like this, but Nate “loved this pickup” and Doc was posting multiple highlights and talking about taking WR off the board early in the draft...

That enough for you, or you want to keep arguing semantics because Carolina happened to say “everyone?”

Reply/Quote
Zac worked with him in LA. He must see some upside to him as a WR toward the bottom half of the depth chart. Hopefully, he won't see the field much. It's only a one year deal. If we draft a WR or two, he might not even make the team.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Special teamer, WR depth. More excited about the fact that they're still making moves. Now i wish we can focus on turning AD and Dre into some picks.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Low risk high reward move
Nothing more nothing less
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 10:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sounds like McVey was really high on him.

(03-20-2020, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then why did he start 1 game in 4 years?

I'm thinking that he's their STs ace, and likely their backup return man.  In other words a quality guy to have on your roster who's contributions don't often show up in the box score.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Perhaps he also thought it was Michael Thomas.

Funny thing is I know Michael Thomas had him on my fantasy team, but for whatever reason this whole time the name didn't click with me as that player until I finally pulled up his actual NFL profile lol. I'm not from Ohio so I didn't remember him as an OSU guy. Plus I pulled up Mike Thomas's correct wikipedia page so I was looking at those stats, while staring at a 2016 draft profile of Michael Thomas. Once I pulled up Michael Thomas's NFL stuff and saw Saints only then did I remember who he was lol.

Sir, Have you been drinking tonight?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote