Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WRs on the lower depth chart have a chance to impress.
yep its not the situation we want to be in missing Green for 6 to 8 weeks.
but its not the end of the world or football season.
the positive side is now guys like Erickson Tate Willis Morgan will see their
snaps increase in practice and the 4 preaseason games.
often a injury like this will all of sudden open a door for a young talent
to rise to the occasion.
Andy has a very chemistry with Boyd and Green.now he needs
to develop that onto other WRs.
heres the chance.
Reply/Quote
Well...last year they had a chance too...and they all failed. Green and Boyd were the only 2 who produced a lot.

I think Erickson has some potential in the right offense.

The big overall point though is this is the script for us to win 3-4 games with injuries. Jonah, Boling, now Green. Really bad offensive line. LB issues.
Reply/Quote
Ross has a hammy injury, so don’t count on him right away. In the mean time, this is Malone’s time. If he’s going to turn the corner and be who his potential says he can be, it has to be now. Top 3 WR’s right now are Boyd, Erickson and Malone.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 05:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...last year they had a chance too...and they all failed. Green and Boyd were the only 2 who produced a lot.

The big overall point though is this is the script for us to win 3-4 games with injuries. Jonah, Boling, now Green. Really bad offensive line. LB issues.

WRs take more than a year to develop.ask Boyd or Houshmanzdeh.
very few WRs come right out of college and put up 75 1000  and 9 TDS in year one.
John Ross finally has a offensive minded HC that has progressive thinking.
what did you expect from Auden Tate?
he was the best WR on a FSU offense that had a one read WR.
so to simply say they failed in 2018 is more indictative on the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
And all this time I thought just being paid by an NFL franchise to play football was by its very definition "getting a chance..." What do I know anyway? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 05:41 PM)impactplaya Wrote: WRs take more than a year to develop.ask Boyd or Houshmanzdeh.
very few WRs come right out of college and put up 75 1000  and 9 TDS in year one.
John Ross finally has a offensive minded HC that has progressive thinking.
what did you expect from Auden Tate?
he was the best WR on a FSU offense that had a one read WR.
so to simply say they failed in 2018 is more indictative on the coaching staff.

Boyd had 54 catches and 603 yards as a rookie.
Housh had 41 catches for 492 yards in his 2nd season. He was also a 7th Round pick.

Why would you even mention Auden Tate? He was undrafted.

Quite frankly I'm not convinced that you watched the Bengals at the end of last season. Ross, Erickson, Malone, and Core were the primary guys...with Tate sparingly playing. None of those guys produced.

re: Ross - He's had opportunities. Marvin couldn't catch the ball for him. It's been detailed on here how bad his catch rate was.

Ross had 58 Targets and 21 catches for 210 yards.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 05:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...last year they had a chance too...and they all failed. Green and Boyd were the only 2 who produced a lot.

Josh Malone only got a decent amount of snaps in one game (Carolina) tipped a ball for an INT and then Marvin pretty much shut him down for the rest of the year. I can see him making the most of this opportunity...Pre-Season will be big for him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boyd had 54 catches and 603 yards as a rookie.
Housh had 41 catches for 492 yards in his 2nd season. He was also a 7th Round pick.

Quite frankly I'm not convinced that you watched the Bengals at the end of last season. Ross, Erickson, Malone, and Core were the primary guys...with Tate sparingly playing. None of those guys produced.

re: Ross - He's had opportunities. Marvin couldn't catch the ball for him. It's been detailed on here how bad his catch rate was.

To be fair to the WR’s struggling at the end of the year, Driskell was the QB.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:39 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: To be fair to the WR’s struggling at the end of the year, Driskell was the QB.

To be fair, Green went down before Dalton and for instance:

Against the Browns, Dalton was QB: Ross 7 targets, 3 catches 31 yards. Tate 7 targets, 2 catches.
Against the Ravens, Dalton was QB: Ross 7 targets, 2 catches 27 yards.
Against the Saints, Dalton was QB: Ross 6 targets, 2 catches 39 yards.

So there were atleast some games where guys got bigger roles WITH Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:39 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: To be fair to the WR’s struggling at the end of the year, Driskell was the QB.

Wait! Wasn't Driskell going to be our super star replacement for Dalton based on his super preseason performances? Oh ye have little faith in the kid wonder..  Mellow Me too..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To be fair, Green went down before Dalton and for instance:

Against the Browns, Dalton was QB: Ross 7 targets, 3 catches 31 yards. Tate 7 targets, 2 catches.

I meant for the lower roster WR (Malone, Core, Tate and Erickson) not Ross. He’s been terrible no matter who is throwing him the ball.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 07:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I meant for the lower roster WR (Malone, Core, Tate and Erickson) not Ross. He’s been terrible no matter who is throwing him the ball.

But, but, but 1st round pick.. That means there's NO WAY he can't be the greatest Bengal ever.. I mean, no 1st round pick has ever been a bust in the history of history with the lone exception(s) of everyone who was a bust.. 

Reply/Quote
Hoping that Morgan dude is the real deal
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boyd had 54 catches and 603 yards as a rookie.

I watched every game. thank god for BW3s.
I saw a offense that struggled under a unimagative OC.
a QB with with no touch on the ball 
and alot of youth at WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To be fair, Green went down before Dalton and for instance:

You are forgetting a major stat
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Erickson, Malone, and Ross all have significant talent all be it unproven talent. The one good thing about AJ injury is that it gives those guys a chance to step up.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To be fair, Green went down before Dalton and for instance:

how many TDs were amassed by the WRs after Green and Dalton went down?
Im talking as a collective group.
off the top of my head.
Ross had 3
Core had a meaningless TD
Erickson 0.
Malone 0
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 06:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boyd had 54 catches and 603 yards as a rookie.

Not that it matters much but Tate was a 7th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 08:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: how many TDs were amassed by the WRs after Green and Dalton went down?
Im talking as a collective group.
off the top of my head.
Ross had 3
Core had a meaningless TD
Erickson 0.
Malone 0

There are no TD is meaningless in the NFL. If you have the lead, you need a bigger one. If you don't have the lead, you need TDs.

It's so interesting how Green, Chad, TJ, Owens, Jones, Sanu and Boyd didn't need a progressive offensive minded HC to have success in the Bengals. Isn't it odd that Ross couldn't get it done? Yes it is!

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 08:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: There are no TD is meaningless in the NFL. If you have the lead, you need a bigger one. If you don't have the lead, you need TDs.

It's so interesting how Green, Chad, TJ, Owens, Jones, Sanu and Boyd didn't need a progressive offensive minded HC to have success in the Bengals. Isn't it odd that Ross couldn't get it done? Yes it is!

Ross had 7 TDs last season in essentially his rookie season it's not like the guy didn't do anything positive.
J24

Reply/Quote