Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Rodney Anderson
(04-29-2019, 03:37 AM)WhoDey Wrote: You should be banned from the site for saying the word "bungle" you call yourself a fan? 

I grew up in the 90s and 2000s. I’m not the only one to say it especially game day threads.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:17 PM)Synric Wrote: It was vs Georgia in the Rose Bowl against a very good defense and a top ten linebacker Roquan Smith....My first introduction to Rodney Anderson was Oklahoma vs WVU he had 13 Carries or 118 yards 9 YPC and 4 touchdowns. Against TCU he nearly had 300 yards of total offense 151 yards rushing and 139 yards receiving lol.

I looked him up after that game and then watched him against Georgia I though he came out last year and went later due to injuries. I had no idea he was in this draft class. This could be the biggest steal of the draft.

He has big time potential if he can get healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm certainly understanding of all positions, and I too didn't like FA that much.  As for the draft, I think they did a nice job with it.  Williams is a bona fide day 1 starter.  I think Samples will start, and Eifert will be used sparingly to try and limit his injury potential.  I also think Pratt will play quite a bit, and maybe even start in spots or toward the end of the year.  Wren could see substantial time in a rotational role.

I am really relishing the thought of Wren rushing the passer next to Geno.  Who do they double team?  Our outside rush just got way better too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:34 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I get taking a 6th round guy is a chance, I just hate taking it on another running back and one that hasn’t played 12 games in four years in college.. I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong but dude is at best a practice squad player if he can’t stay healthy.

Wow…..if you are going to smack talk then please have the facts correct. He is a junior so he has only been in college for 3 years. In his second season he played 13 games. Just to keep the math simple for you that would be the entire season and a bowl game. In that bowl game they played Georgia where he rushed for 201 yards, 2 TDs, and average 7.7 yards per rush.

So let's make sure we have this straight. You have a problem taking a gamble on a first round talent RB in the 6th round because he has been injured. Does that sum it up? You also realize that on our roster we only have two true RBs correct? Mixon and Bernard. Our 3rd RB is a QB they are trying to convert.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk about "horrible draft", but I think it's fair to question how many of these guys will have major roles as rookies. 

Jonah Williams? Definitely a starter.
Sample? Probably 3rd on the depth chart after signing Eifert and Uzomah to solid contracts.
Pratt? He may have to start by default.
Finley? Clear backup, for now.
Wren? Likely won't start anytime soon.
Jordan? Could possibly compete, mainly due to who we have at RG. 
Traveon Williams and Rodney Anderson? Strictly 3rd string or practice squad in 2019.
Deshaun Davis? Likely special teams and depth.
Jordan Brown? 7th round fodder.

Definitely 1 starter, maybe 2 if we're lucky. Plus some depth and guys with upside for the future. We have to hope that the incoming guys can turn it around under new coaching. The o-line should be much improved on paper with the additions of Williams and Miller, along with a (hopefully) healthy Price heading into his 2nd year. 

I think this is a fair assessment.   I imagine Williams and Pratt are penciled in atop the depth chart right now but we have a ways to go to solidy that.   If it's true teams hope to get two starters our of the draft then they probably did that, though I don't suspect any of them will break the streak of non-pro bowl or hall of fame (lol) type pics. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:21 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Totally agree on Eifert. I think Taylor knows his value to the offense and will protect him by not trying to force him into a starters spot. I remember Cris Collinsworth's last season. If he came on the field it was only on obvious passing downs. If he caught the ball and ran out of bounds, the he was available for at least one more third down later in the game. If he caught the ball and was tackled, it usually took him a few days to recover from the tackle so his day was over, but he moved the chains on a crucial drive before the end of the first half or got a first down in the third quarter when they're trying to protect a lead. I could see Eifert in a similar type of role with the drafting of Sample.

I do too.  I don't think he wants Tyler out there banging heads in the run game much either.  Wouldn't it be nice to have Eifert in a crucial situation late in the season?

(04-29-2019, 03:30 PM)McC Wrote: I am really relishing the thought of Wren rushing the passer next to Geno.  Who do they double team?  Our outside rush just got way better too.

He has some technique to clean up from what I've read, but has an unbelievable first step, and can overpower linemen.  I think he'll see some spot duty.

(04-29-2019, 04:01 PM)yang Wrote: I think this is a fair assessment.   I imagine Williams and Pratt are penciled in atop the depth chart right now but we have a ways to go to solidy that.   If it's true teams hope to get two starters our of the draft then they probably did that, though I don't suspect any of them will break the streak of non-pro bowl or hall of fame (lol) type pics. 

I think it's a fair assessment too, but Jonah Williams is likely to be a pro bowler if he continues his trajectory.  This is a guy that started as a true freshman for Nick Saban, and gave up ONE sack in three years in the SEC.  He may not be a HOFer, but I think this guy will be a rock solid offensive lineman with All Pro potential.  He's that good.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 03:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Wow…..if you are going to smack talk then please have the facts correct. He is a junior so he has only been in college for 3 years. In his second season he played 13 games. Just to keep the math simple for you that would be the entire season and a bowl game. In that bowl game they played Georgia where he rushed for 201 yards, 2 TDs, and average 7.7 yards per rush.

So let's make sure we have this straight. You have a problem taking a gamble on a first round talent RB in the 6th round because he has been injured. Does that sum it up? You also realize that on our roster we only have two true RBs correct? Mixon and Bernard. Our 3rd RB is a QB they are trying to convert.

I have no problem taking a gamble, but why take the Williams kid from a&m two picks earlier? Anderson could become a stud sure I’ll be happy as hell to eat crow if true, we just have so many needs, and drafting another running back won’t fix our linebacker problem, amongst other things. Him staying healthy is definitely a concern. I’m not sure why so many are ready to throw gio to the wolves.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think it's a fair assessment too, but Jonah Williams is likely to be a pro bowler if he continues his trajectory.  This is a guy that started as a true freshman for Nick Saban, and gave up ONE sack in three years in the SEC.  He may not be a HOFer, but I think this guy will be a rock solid offensive lineman with All Pro potential.  He's that good.

Agreed. The dude just seems like a rock solid pick. His track record, his attitude, it's all off the charts. Kinda hard to see envision him failing, and tbh I think he's a future pro-bowler.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:01 PM)yang Wrote: I think this is a fair assessment.   I imagine Williams and Pratt are penciled in atop the depth chart right now but we have a ways to go to solidy that.   If it's true teams hope to get two starters our of the draft then they probably did that, though I don't suspect any of them will break the streak of non-pro bowl or hall of fame (lol) type pics. 

I see  M Jordan backing up LG/C/ this season   and replacing boiling after that.  or if Glenn fails M Jordan plays LG and Boiling LT if they don't want to start the rookie yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:47 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I have no problem taking a gamble, but why take the Williams kid from a&m two picks earlier? Anderson could become a stud sure I’ll be happy as hell to eat crow if true, we just have so many needs, and drafting another running back won’t fix our linebacker problem, amongst other things. Him staying healthy is definitely a concern. I’m not sure why so many are ready to throw gio to the wolves.

What are you even talking about? Throw Gio to the wolves? Who is throwing Gio to the wolves? Did I type to fast for you to follow earlier? Here let me try again.

Fact - Prior to this draft we only had 2 actual RBs on our roster they were Joe Mixon and Giovanni Bernard. We had a 3rd player listed as a RB and that is Quentin Flowers who was a QB that they are attempting to convert to RB. Therefore drafting 2 RBs should not have been a super large surprise.

Fact - If not for his injuries he was a possible first round RB.

This offense is going to be a run first offense so having the cupboard full in that regard is rather important. I have not heard anyone say we do not need to address LB but it seems rather apparent that this staff found more value for the team in Williams and Edwards than they did any of the LBs that were available at the time.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 03:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Wow…..if you are going to smack talk then please have the facts correct. He is a junior so he has only been in college for 3 years. In his second season he played 13 games. Just to keep the math simple for you that would be the entire season and a bowl game. In that bowl game they played Georgia where he rushed for 201 yards, 2 TDs, and average 7.7 yards per rush.

I'm not defending the OP here...check my other posts in this thread as evidence, but in this instance he's correct. Anderson was a red-shirt Junior. So he was in college for 4 years, not 3. Anderson's one healthy season was his RS-Sophmore year, so his 3rd in college. Freshman year he broke his leg, Sophmore year he had the fractured vertebra, RS-Sophmore year he was healthy, last year he busted his knee.
Reply/Quote
So much freaking hand wringing over a 6th round comp pick. They need o line help. Drafted 2 and signed an udfa. Needed lbs. drafted 2 and I believe signed an udfa.

Signed udfa wr Stanley Morgan, who imho was good enough to be drafted. They may sign another. I had missed the 7th round cb, so I’m glad they added a body there.

We needed rb depth. Anderson is an ideal candidate for ir if his knee isn’t fully healed. He can rehab and learn the playbook if that happens and be ready for next year hopefully.

That’s the kind of boom pick you gamble on with late round comps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:05 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This has the potential to be a horrible draft. I see little production from this draft in year one, please let me be so very wrong!

I think the following guys make the team as rookies:
Jonah Williams
Drew Sample
Germaine Pratt
Michael Jordan
Ryan Finley
Trayveon Williams
Renell Wren

Out of those guys, I see the following with a good shot to contribute on offense/defense as rookies:
Jonah Williams
Germaine Pratt
Drew Sample (mainly from blocking perspective)

I think Trayveon Williams and Michael Jordan could also see the field too, but it will be either due to injuries or to give the starters a breather every now and then.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 05:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I see  M Jordan backing up LG/C/ this season   and replacing boiling after that.  or if Glenn fails M Jordan plays LG and Boiling LT if they don't want to start the rookie yet.

So starting Jordan, who is a rookie drafted in the 4th round, over Jonah Williams, who is a rookie drafted in the 1st round? I disagree. Start Westerman at LG if you don't want to start a rookie, but if you're going to start a rookie, Jonah is the guy to start at any OG or OT position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So starting Jordan, who is a rookie drafted in the 4th round, over Jonah Williams, who is a rookie drafted in the 1st round? I disagree. Start Westerman at LG if you don't want to start a rookie, but if you're going to start a rookie, Jonah is the guy to start at any OG or OT position.

They just need to plant Williams at rt and let hart keep the bench warm. I have so much more faith in Jonah than hart
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So starting Jordan, who is a rookie drafted in the 4th round, over Jonah Williams, who is a rookie drafted in the 1st round? I disagree. Start Westerman at LG if you don't want to start a rookie, but if you're going to start a rookie, Jonah is the guy to start at any OG or OT position.

Well, 7th rounder Rod Jones started week one at his best position in the NFL at RG and 1st rounder Willie Anderson didn't see the field until week 10 or 11 and then he sucked so bad at LT, they moved him to RT in the off-season to protect "Yet another failed first round pick". Poor Willie couldn't get any sleep before games because he was too afraid of facing every team's stud pass rusher. Instead, Rod Jones had to face every team's top pass rusher as a seventh rounder playing out of position and fat Willie built up a lot of money facing opponent's second best pass rusher. Then the fat bastard, after being the highest paid RT for years said he'd need more money to move to the LT spot. That's when I officially gave up on that spoiled slob. Bengals fans can praise him all they want, he was another mistake that they held onto too long.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:47 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I have no problem taking a gamble, but why take the Williams kid from a&m two picks earlier? Anderson could become a stud sure I’ll be happy as hell to eat crow if true, we just have so many needs, and drafting another running back won’t fix our linebacker problem, amongst other things. Him staying healthy is definitely a concern. I’m not sure why so many are ready to throw gio to the wolves.

I see Williams as Gio insurance in case they do not extend Gio's contract. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 08:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I see Williams as Gio insurance in case they do not extend Gio's contract. 

Not to mention somebody has to play special teams cause we drafted a douchebag last year that's already wore out his welcome.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 08:16 PM)jason Wrote: Not to mention somebody has to play special teams cause we drafted a douchebag last year that's already wore out his welcome.

you talking about Walton?  I never to this day understood that pick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 07:49 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well, 7th rounder Rod Jones started week one at his best position in the NFL at RG and 1st rounder Willie Anderson didn't see the field until week 10 or 11 and then he sucked so bad at LT, they moved him to RT in the off-season to protect "Yet another failed first round pick". Poor Willie couldn't get any sleep before games because he was too afraid of facing every team's stud pass rusher. Instead, Rod Jones had to face every team's top pass rusher as a seventh rounder playing out of position and fat Willie built up a lot of money facing opponent's second best pass rusher. Then the fat bastard, after being the highest paid RT for years said he'd need more money to move to the LT spot. That's when I officially gave up on that spoiled slob. Bengals fans can praise him all they want, he was another mistake that they held onto too long.

That's an interesting take/perspective or whatever.

This question isn't directed at you. Just don't feel the need to make a second post.

People really think Jonah Williams isn't going to start week 1?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote