Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WTH?

Retweeted by Paul Dehner of The Athletic
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Why must we continually shoot ourselves in the foot? (No pun intended after recent events)

The Blackburn girls must be tearing their hair out that the silly old ***** keeps holding us back.
Reply/Quote
<
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
Retweeted by Paul Dehner of The Athletic

Key word, Could

Nothing will happen. Bad look, but nothing’s actually gonna come from this
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:14 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Why must we continually shoot ourselves in the foot? (No pun intended after recent events)

The Blackburn girls must be tearing their hair out that the silly old ***** keeps holding us back.

I can't imagine Mike makes this move without talking with his daughter. Maybe he does, but it seems like she's involved in most major decisions and this would be a big move.

Isn't this stuff all part of the CBA anyways?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I can't imagine Mike makes this move without talking with his daughter. Maybe he does, but it seems like she's involved in most major decisions and this would be a big move.

Isn't this stuff all part of the CBA anyways?

He probably has talked to them about it and I imagine their response after all the improvements of the past few years was “Don’t even think about it”

But at the end of the day it’s Mike’s name on the door.

Nothing will come of it it’s impossible but a couple of days before FA opens it’s just another bad look on the ownership.

We’ve the most exciting young team in the league we should be doing everything possible to improve the image and wanting the best players here, put phone chargers in the lockers give the wives a room they can tit feed their babies they are small touches but mean a lot to the players.

Now this, it’s exhausting.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how the Bengals could strip anything. Workers’ compensation is a state and federal program. Maybe the Bengals could support a legislative change but ultimately its not the Bengals decision.

and arent these contracts guaranteed for injury anyway?
Reply/Quote
Every time you think they might become a decently run franchise. Just can't get out of their own damn way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sounds Fishy. Workers compensation is state laws in the tri-state area (OH, WV, PA). An employer must provide workers compensation either federal or private.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
You’re all overreacting to a nothingburger. I guarantee nothing will come of this
Reply/Quote
We don't even know what the details are and already people are over reacting. The link in the tweet posted in the OP for more information goes to a login protected page on the NFLPA website.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: We don't even know what the details are and already people are over reacting.  The link in the tweet posted in the OP for more information goes to a login protected page on the NFLPA website.

The way the Tweet is worded says the Bengals are trying to "STRIP" workers compensation from "ALL" ohio athletes.

That is an extremely bold statement from a Union Group. Especially Considering its what 2 days before Free Agency?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The title of the email sent around is literally “Bengals owner attacks the rights of NFL players”

I don’t think anyone is over reacting 2 days before FA opens.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like some complete BS, probably put out by a Butt Hurt JC Tretter because he knows his Browns are screwed.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:51 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The title of the email sent around is literally “Bengals owner attacks the rights of NFL players”

Chill out, limey. You are overreacting
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:51 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The title of the email sent around is literally “Bengals owner attacks the rights of NFL players”

Yes they are.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Problem is what the tweet is suggesting is against state and federal laws not to mention the CBA.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem is what the tweet is suggesting is against state and federal laws not to mention the CBA.

Correct, there is more to the story. I’m being told it’s Bengals backing legislation to exempt athletes. I am trying to get a copy from someone with access.
Reply/Quote
This NFLPA tweet on the heels of the NFLPA grade cards bashing the Bengals. Yeah, I think Tretter is trying to sabotage us.
Reply/Quote

[Image: Fq-ap2-WYAU8WkN?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: Fq-ap28XoAAnKz2?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote