Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WTH?
(03-13-2023, 07:43 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well, it seems the Bengals are not making effort to give "the rest of the story." In the ESPN story, the author (Ben Baby) states, "As of Sunday evening, the Bengals did not respond to multiple requests for comment." It is a major story in ESPN, in a write-up that makes the Bengals look bad, so you would think the Bengals would make a statement to counter the negativity.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35845344/bengals-aim-alter-worker-comp-laws-ohio-nflpa-says

Once again ESPN has another agenda to push. Some agent or another NFL GM must be cozying up to the producers for an advantage over the bengals. Someone must think they need to get this propaganda out or they could loose one of their players to the Bengals or an agent is trying to hike up his players salary. There definitely is an agenda here. The question is who and why. ESPN is so lame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 07:43 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well, it seems the Bengals are not making effort to give "the rest of the story." In the ESPN story, the author (Ben Baby) states, "As of Sunday evening, the Bengals did not respond to multiple requests for comment." It is a major story in ESPN, in a write-up that makes the Bengals look bad, so you would think the Bengals would make a statement to counter the negativity.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35845344/bengals-aim-alter-worker-comp-laws-ohio-nflpa-says

I agree it’s surprising
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:18 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree it’s surprising

I'd like to hear what other states/teams do compared to this.

My guess is that what the Bengals are doing is the norm. But, I don't know.

Like the ESPN article said, the Bengals don't use Workers Comp anyways because they're self-insured.
Reply/Quote
It's also worth noting the NFLPA is a union, and as a union, the NFLPA is naturally going to narrow in on this topic to spark interest among its union members. Whether this action by Bengals ownership is perceived as wrong and unacceptable or it is conversely viewed as a normal or fine doesn't really matter. We know the outcome, the NFLPA will only present it as an egregious act in the best interest of their union members. The NFLPA will use strong language to present Bengals ownership in the most negative way possible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's also worth noting the NFLPA is a union, and as a union, the NFLPA is naturally going to narrow in on this topic to spark interest among its union members. Whether this action by Bengals ownership is perceived as wrong and unacceptable or it is conversely viewed as a normal or fine doesn't really matter. We know the outcome, the NFLPA will only present it as an egregious act in the best interest of their union members. The NFLPA will use strong language to present Bengals ownership in the most negative way possible.

Yes. That's what Unions do. Not to say there is no merit though. I don't know. It would take a lot of research to figure out what the norm is in sports.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 10:23 PM)treee Wrote: How is this not covered in the CBA? Why would players be mad at the Bengals right now and not the players association?

Is it maybe a state by state issue that the players association has no control over? I really don’t know. I would think if something like this did happen the players association would put major pressure on the league to provide those benefits and in the long run ma6 cost the Bengals more so I am not sure why Mike Brown would want this. However maybe it is less expensive to use a private provider for those long term disability benefits as opposed to using the states workers comp program. Without reading further into this thread I would assume there are a lot of details left out here. 
Reply/Quote
The timing of the story {2 days before FA starts} and the harsh wording by the NFLPA in the letters sent to every player including all free agents is basically propaganda to deter players from signing with the Bengals. It is tampering two days before tampering day is aloud not to put teams in a good light but to put one certain team in a bad light and hamper their chances at signing players.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re all overreacting to a nothingburger. I guarantee nothing will come of this

Maybe not.  But as an organization that has worked very hard the last few years to change the free agent perception this is just idiotic.  Duke, Zac and the staff must be beside themselves.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 02:17 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Maybe not.  But as an organization that has worked very hard the last few years to change the free agent perception this is just idiotic.  Duke, Zac and the staff must be beside themselves.

Did the Bengals work hard to change perception? Or did they just strike gold with Burrow and start winning which changed perception?

If we were 3-14 would people be like 'Wow the Bengals are a modern franchise?'
Reply/Quote
The Athletic has an article that explains the rift.

https://theathletic.com/4301206/2023/03/13/bengals-nflpa-workers-compensation-benefits/
Reply/Quote

Bengals are pretty busy right now. 
FA is about to start and they are busy working on big contracts for now.
Reply/Quote