Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
WWMD Week 1 C. Volson
Let's have a WWMD every week and answer the biggest questions.

So what would Marvin do #1 - what do we do with Cordell Volson ?

A. roll the dice and let the rookie earn his stripes

B. bench his ass and bring in J. Carman

c. move Ted Karras to LG and put Trey Hill at C

d.other _________________
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's have a WWMD every week and answer the biggest questions.

So what would Marvin do #1 - what do we do with Cordell Volson ?

A. roll the dice and let the rookie earn his stripes

B. bench his ass and bring in J. Carman

c. move Ted Karras to LG and put Trey Hill at C

d.other _________________

Spain still out there?
Reply/Quote
He would right the wrong and put a call in to big Whit and move Jonah to guard. Championship!!!
Reply/Quote
Wisdom in these parts says Marvin would NEVER play a rookie, so he'd be on the bench and we'd be like "Gaaaah I wish we had a HC who would play Volson!"
Reply/Quote
D.

If anything you put Scharping in there.

Reply/Quote
Scharping or Spain if they could fit Spain in the salary cap along with, it seems from the other post, a new #4 receiver.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's have a WWMD every week and answer the biggest questions.

Or let's not.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Scharping or Spain if they could fit Spain in the salary cap along with, it seems from the other post, a new #4 receiver.

We need Spain. We don't need no new 4th WR at least at this point not saying next off season we shouldn't try and imrove. One thing I think that got lost in yesterday's madness is Hurst. Excellent 1st game and I really like the fire he plays with. That's a guy who deserves his own chuck Norris thread. Maybe will give it a game or two.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We need Spain. We don't need no new 4th WR at least at this point not saying next off season we shouldn't try and imrove. One thing I think that got lost in yesterday's madness is Hurst. Excellent 1st game and I really like the fire he plays with. That's a guy who deserves his own chuck Norris thread. Maybe will give it a game or two.

Must say I’ve not been part of the bring back Spain club so far but not only would he be a huge improvement at LG but Jonah looked so much better with him inside. My understanding is they offered him league minimum and chance to fight for starting role. His league history is very strange though. Seems to be paid well below what people epuld expect all the time and often be discarded. Can’t help thinking there is character issues
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:44 PM)gman657 Wrote: Must say I’ve not been part of the bring back Spain club so far but not only would he be a huge improvement at LG but Jonah looked so much better with him inside. My understanding is they offered him league minimum and chance to fight for starting role. His league history is very strange though. Seems to be paid well below what people epuld expect all the time and often be discarded. Can’t help thinking there is character issues

I would prefer someone else but Spain might be the only semi realistic option. I do think the line will improve as time goes but I just worry about Volson. I don't think what we saw out of him in preseason was all that impressive.
Reply/Quote
Carman? Scharping.
Reply/Quote
Marvin would try to convert Tyler Shelvin to OG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin wouldn’t play a rookie.
Reply/Quote
It is really impossible for us to make these calls because we don't see how or what players are doing in practice.

And we do not even know if Spain is available to play.

And Marvin played as many rookies as other NFL coaches. Madieu Williams, Thurman, Pollack, Rivers, Maualuga, Dunlap, Gresham, Dalton, Green, Zeitler, Bodine, Bernard, Eifert, Hill, Boyd, etc, etc
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is really impossible for us to make these calls because we don't see how or what players are doing in practice.

And we do not even know if Spain is available to play.

And Marvin played as many rookies as other NFL coaches. Madieu Williams, Thurman, Pollack, Rivers, Maualuga, Dunlap, Gresham, Dalton, Green, Zeitler, Bodine, Bernard, Eifert, Hill, Boyd, etc, etc

You keep claiming Spain is injured in threads based on absolutely nothing. He’s basically posting on social media saying he wants to come back. Bengals offered him a deal. There may be other issues but nothing suggests he isn’t ready to play
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:35 PM)gman657 Wrote: You keep claiming Spain is injured in threads based on absolutely nothing. He’s basically posting on social media saying he wants to come back. Bengals offered him a deal. There may be other issues but nothing suggests he isn’t ready to play

First I’m hearing of this?

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First I’m hearing of this?

Heard it on one of the locked on Bengals podcasts. Basically they offered him league minimum and opportunity to fight carman for starting spot but he rejected. I’m not going to try and find it but I think it was one of more recent ones.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:53 PM)gman657 Wrote: Heard it on one of the locked on Bengals podcasts. Basically they offered him league minimum and opportunity to fight carman for starting spot but he rejected. I’m not going to try and find it but I think it was one of more recent ones.

Interesting. On one hand I understand Spain feeling he earned way more than vet minimum with his play last year, but otoh you’re sitting on the couch guy…

Could have signed with us and tried to complete unfinished business.

Reply/Quote

So what would Marvin do 

Why? Taylor in 13 less seasons has more playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances than Marvin Lewis ever did. 

Why not ask what Super Bowl winning coaches would do?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:25 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: He would right the wrong and put a call in to big Whit and move Jonah to guard. Championship!!!

Yeah, Marvin won so many Championships....  Hilarious  You don't pull the rug out from under a rookie lineman after his first game, especially when he was taking on a d linemen like Heyward
Reply/Quote