"We only have to kill one man"

-had said one man unarmed, trapped, hopeless-

"Nah let's GTFO of here"
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:46 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: "We only have to kill one man"

-had said one man unarmed, trapped, hopeless-

"Nah let's GTFO of here"

Right? So dumb. 

They are making it this big dramatic to do when it doesnt need to be. 

Also, where the hell was everyone at the base when they attacked it? None of Neegans like 300 people were there? Yeah....OK. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: His character has a lot of layers that they have yet to shown. Hopefully they will. If so, you may like him more. They did a back story for him and it provides a lot of context to his character. 

Negan is my Favorite character on the show since he show'd up...  I'm actually rooting for the guy.. (I know only he or rick can win..  but he could kill rick and let him off TWD and then we get the Negan Adventures.) 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? So dumb. 

They are making it this big dramatic to do when it doesnt need to be. 

Also, where the hell was everyone at the base when they attacked it? None of Neegans like 300 people were there? Yeah....OK. 

A tactic in warfare is to Act not react.. I doubt negan has all his troops in his base waiting to see what rick and team will do..  They are most likely out on a mission  (given the converstation they had... Hill top might be completely destroyed.)
Reply/Quote
So, finally watched last night.

Basically, the entire 45-minute episode was summed up four decades earlier on Police Squad.

Mellow

Dozens of folks 30-40 feet away with automatic weapons and they can't hit a guy on a catwalk. WTF!? Someone could've thrown a heavy rock and killed the guy, but you can't hit him with 400 rounds?

And apparently it's all a flashback anyway, as we see some version of my least favorite character: Weepy Rick. Weepy Rick is the guy who always comes before Crazy Rick, then the normal Cool Rick. Weepy Rick is the worst part of the show. He blubbers and begs and has snot running down his face. He's so unwatchable that he takes all the fun out of Crazy Rick and Cool Rick.

So, I don't know what happened to bring about Weepy Rick (again), but the show is predictable in that we'd see him at some point. I'm guessing we'll get to that later. He'd probably burying another half interesting character, or the last one or two interesting ones left on the show.

Although I will say they surprised me. I really thought they'd drag this out episode out for 3-4 episodes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:06 PM)Benton Wrote: So, finally watched last night.

Basically, the entire 45-minute episode was summed up four decades earlier on Police Squad.

Mellow

Dozens of folks 30-40 feet away with automatic weapons and they can't hit a guy on a catwalk. WTF!? Someone could've thrown a heavy rock and killed the guy, but you can't hit him with 400 rounds?

And apparently it's all a flashback anyway, as we see some version of my least favorite character: Weepy Rick. Weepy Rick is the guy who always comes before Crazy Rick, then the normal Cool Rick. Weepy Rick is the worst part of the show. He blubbers and begs and has snot running down his face. He's so unwatchable that he takes all the fun out of Crazy Rick and Cool Rick.

So, I don't know what happened to bring about Weepy Rick (again), but the show is predictable in that we'd see him at some point. I'm guessing we'll get to that later. He'd probably burying another half interesting character, or the last one or two interesting ones left on the show.

Although I will say they surprised me. I really thought they'd drag this out episode out for 3-4 episodes.

The fight itself consists of 3.5 battles or skirmishes. They will take all 8 episodes dragging this out. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: A tactic in warfare is to Act not react.. I doubt negan has all his troops in his base waiting to see what rick and team will do..  They are most likely out on a mission  (given the converstation they had... Hill top might be completely destroyed.)

I thought making such a big deal about taking out the one patrol was kind of weird.

Negan's supposed to have hundreds of guys, they took out around a dozen. So what? They lured out one patrol and took it out, there still should've been a couple hundred (at least) inside.
Reply/Quote
Overall I liked that first episode. However, imo, they tried to overthink things with it and ruined what could have been a great opening season episode. The parts with Rick giving his speech throughout the whole episode was annoying and ineffective. Part with a flash forward scene with older Rick, I still dont understand that and why it was thrown in there. Im still lost on why Rick had teary red eyes, and where that came from. The flow of the episode was ruined by the writers & directer with scenes done like this. Take a note of Game of Thrones, and just go all balls out without trying to be dramatically smart.

This show can still have a lot of promise to it, but like in the past the writers and direction of the show can be pretty lackluster.

What else, yeah how can they miss them on the catwalk like that? I understand what their tactics are, which is surround the homebase with the walkers while they go out and take out his outposts one by one. That makes sense. But liek others said, will it drag out over how many episodes if not the whole season before they can capture Negan (or kill him).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Apart from Rick's aim, I'm trying to understand why everyone didn't open fire the second Negan, Negan wanna-be, and company walked out the door.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 05:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Apart from Rick's aim, I'm trying to understand why everyone didn't open fire the second Negan, Negan wanna-be, and company walked out the door.

cause it would ruin the seasons plot arch lol
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Saddest thing about last nights episode was Ricks Aim....

And the fact that they all just stood there instead of peppering them with lead.

And how they could snipe a guy out of a tree but not Negan, standing right there in the open, nice and close. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I watched it. "Hey, we have a clean shot at Negan and can end this... let's just go on with our first plan and shoot out the windows".

[Image: tumblr_lo81mikb2V1qmn7mjo1_500.gif]

Also, I know what they're doing with the "flashes" and ow they're playing the audience. It's a solid strategy that would work better if the source material hadn't come out years ago. I just hate how the "good" future was being portrayed and the Weird Al song playing in the background.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
———————Spoiler———————————-

Mid season finale.......

Carl dies

The flash forward sciences where you see the “red eyed” Rick is after Carl’s death. Where he is saying “Let mercy prevail over [his] wrath.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
So episode two was an extension of episode 1. It was good, had a couple of gripes with some of the stormtrooper shootin but then liked the John Wick like scenes with Morgan. But the one thing that annoyed me was the Negan cliffhanger scene with the preacher in the trailer thing at end of ep.1, but they never went back to it last night.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:16 PM)Millhouse Wrote: So episode two was an extension of episode 1. It was good, had a couple of gripes with some of the stormtrooper shootin but then liked the John Wick like scenes with Morgan. But the one thing that annoyed me was the Negan cliffhanger scene with the preacher in the trailer thing at end of ep.1, but they never went back to it last night.

The priest is going to try to perform an exorcism on Negan.....it's a one-camera special 90 minute episode  Hilarious
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Speculation

Carl joins the Whisperers
Father Gab and Negan kick butt killing zombies after a nice long talk about feelings
Negan joins Rick
Maggie gets pissed and becomes an antagonist
Jesus is split between Maggie and Rick
Gregory returns with Savior outcasts
Maggie and Rick forgive and forget then destroy Gregory and the outcast saviors
Morgan goes off the deep end and goes back to "Clearing"

Then again, it all may just end with Rick crushing Negans skull with his bat.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:25 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Speculation

Carl joins the Whisperers
Father Gab and Negan kick butt killing zombies after a nice long talk about feelings
Negan joins Rick
Maggie gets pissed and becomes an antagonist
Jesus is split between Maggie and Rick
Gregory returns with Savior outcasts
Maggie and Rick forgive and forget then destroy Gregory and the outcast saviors
Morgan goes off the deep end and goes back to "Clearing"

Then again, it all may just end with Rick crushing Negans skull with his bat.

If anyone in the group became a whisperer i'd think it be Carol..
Reply/Quote
LOL, no comments - the show really is dying. And you KNOW it's in trouble when an "action" episode is dull and uninteresting.

Maybe Daryl just needs to go on a rampage, kill everyone, and then ride off into the sunset on his motorcycle.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:35 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL, no comments - the show really is dying.  And you KNOW it's in trouble when an "action" episode is dull and uninteresting.

Maybe Daryl just needs to go on a rampage, kill everyone, and then ride off into the sunset on his motorcycle.

Jesus kicking morgans ass was fun....    Morgan is going back off the deep end... should be interesting...

Large body count.  Cant believe the saviors tactics were that bad considering how organized they seemed before.

HATE the back and forth timeline BS...  it doesn't make the show more interesting....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant believe the saviors tactics were that bad considering how organized they seemed before.

IMO, this is where the show really struggles with too many groups and characters.  Specifically on the tactics, I assume they were all in the dark because one of the first strikes was the communication systems?  But that doesn't make any sense - walkies have ranges of 10 miles or more (and most people are on foot, so we aren't talking huge distances).  No way would Negan not have a system with redundant communications to risk an outpost isolated during an attack.  But, hey, you got a wild tiger running around that attacks [bad guys] on mental command.

The other thing that struck me was how flat Aaron losing his partner was.  I couldn't remember if this was the original boyfriend (thought he died)....I really had no idea who this guy was, or that he was Aaron's partner.  That whole scene just felt forced and out of place, like "oh, we have to throw in some personal tragedy/drama to really sell all this".

Mostly I think it comes down to only a handful, if that, of actors on the show can rise above the writing - Daryl, Jesus, Morgan, Negan....and frying pan face...that's about it.

Reply/Quote