Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
So Morgan has no middle ground. He’s right though. They aren’t equipped for large numbers of hostages.

Is it supposed to be suspenseful to go two episodes without showing Negan and Gabriel because I find it to be merely ludicrous.

I have no idea who the guy holding the gun on Rick was. Am I supposed to?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My guess would be that Gregory tries to kill the hostages at Hilltop at some point.

Don't want them to open their mouths too much about him selling them out to Negan.

That probably leads to a big mess and more secondary characters dying(Gregory himself).

This show needs a serious reboot.

It's trying too hard to appease the comic book folks.

How about writing some really good unforced dialog and scenes that are interesting for starters? Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 12:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have no idea who the guy holding the gun on Rick was.  Am I supposed to?

that guy was from the camp in season 1 he left with his family to go find the rest of his family....   And now returned for a short cameo.   Makes you wonder if he worked his way up to the DC area or how far the saviors group extends.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 12:43 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: My guess would be that Gregory tries to kill the hostages at Hilltop at some point.

Don't want them to open their mouths too much about him selling them out to Negan.

That probably leads to a big mess and more secondary characters dying(Gregory himself).

This show needs a serious reboot.

It's trying too hard to appease the comic book folks.

How about writing some really good unforced dialog and scenes that are interesting for starters?  Whatever

As a comic book reader, I would say the show isn't trying to appease us. It continues to move away from important character development and, while many basic plot elements remain, they shift how events go down and who is the catalyst for them to promote fan favorites on the show.

(11-07-2017, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that guy was from the camp in season 1 he left with his family to go find the rest of his family....   And now returned for a short cameo.   Makes you wonder if he worked his way up to the DC area or how far the saviors group extends.

I am assuming he made his way to Virginia. Birmingham to Nashville to Virginia.

There's no clear cut location for Hilltop or the Sanctuary. Hilltop is either right over the border in MD or outside of DC on the Virginia side. A lot of fans think MD. The Sanctuary is assumed to be on the Virginia side, so their scouts further into the heart of the state probably found Morales. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As a comic book reader, I would say the show isn't trying to appease us. It continues to move away from important character development and, while many basic plot elements remain, they shift how events go down and who is the catalyst for them to promote fan favorites on the show.

I just happy the Tiger pulled a Ghost(GoT)  when the 50 cal started ringing out.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As a comic book reader, I would say the show isn't trying to appease us. It continues to move away from important character development and, while many basic plot elements remain, they shift how events go down and who is the catalyst for them to promote fan favorites on the show.
I guess I'm more specifically talking about using campy ass comic book characters and scenes.

I know they aren't playing it strictly by the books.

They make up different characters, shift story lines, and other stuff.

It's just the casual TV viewer like myself(read some of them and who couldn't give a rat's ass about the books)that thinks the show gets borderline stupid.

Like anyone ever believing in Eugene as a real scientist, trash people with broken English, The Kingdom, and establishing of important characters and having them do uncharacteristically moronic things.

We as viewers can suspend reality for other things, because it is fiction after all, but it really does get irritating sometimes.

Jeffery Dean Morgan playing Negan is entertaining, but damn you can only ride that for so long.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm interested to see what happens when this war is over. Why would you continue to divide your numbers and live as 3 separate communities? It seems like either Alexandria or the Hill Top has housing for everyone.

Of course, I doubt they combine because this show and its characters are stupid. At some point, you start actually building a community with a military, police force, teachers, etc...Despite being otherwise insane, The Governor looks like the only one so far who actually had it all figured out.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 09:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I guess I'm more specifically talking about using campy ass comic book characters and scenes.

I know they aren't playing it strictly by the books.

They make up different characters, shift story lines, and other stuff.

It's just the casual TV viewer like myself(read some of them and who couldn't give a rat's ass about the books)that thinks the show gets borderline stupid.

Like anyone ever believing in Eugene as a real scientist, trash people with broken English, The Kingdom, and establishing of important characters and having them do uncharacteristically moronic things.

We as viewers can suspend reality for other things, because it is fiction after all, but it really does get irritating sometimes.

Jeffery Dean Morgan playing Negan is entertaining, but damn you can only ride that for so long.

I lot of that stuff you listed is all TV stuff that makes us comic book readers think the show is borderline stupid too!

The Kingdom is definitely portrayed VERY differently on the show. Eugene isn't weird as shit in the comics, just a cowardly smart guy. 

Negan... just hang in there, ok?

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm interested to see what happens when this war is over.  Why would you continue to divide your numbers and live as 3 separate communities?  It seems like either Alexandria or the Hill Top has housing for everyone.

Of course, I doubt they combine because this show and its characters are stupid.  At some point, you start actually building a community with a military, police force, teachers, etc...Despite being otherwise insane, The Governor looks like the only one so far who actually had it all figured out.

Rick was the town cop when he came to Alexandria and before he became the leader. There were also teachers. They've shown people whose only job is protection (military) and others who have learned trades. 

It's lost right now because of the direction of the show, but we should see it again after the war. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 11:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rick was the town cop when he came to Alexandria and before he became the leader. There were also teachers. They've shown people whose only job is protection (military) and others who have learned trades. 

It's lost right now because of the direction of the show, but we should see it again after the war. 

I get that, but it just seems kind of dumb to me to have Rick and Lancelot out there leading the fight.  Never mind the obvious risk of getting your leaders killed - what if they get captured? 

The show is largely played out.  They need to start working toward the end-game.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:25 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I get that, but it just seems kind of dumb to me to have Rick and Lancelot out there leading the fight.  Never mind the obvious risk of getting your leaders killed - what if they get captured? 

The show is largely played out.  They need to start working toward the end-game.

I think this series can only end in one way....

the death of Rick  its his story afterall
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:25 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The show is largely played out.  They need to start working toward the end-game.

Do you still watch? Then it isn't played out. When ratings drop to a point it doesn't make sense it will end, until then there is no reason to stop. For all the complaining people do they keep watching. It's a business first, and business is still good.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: Do you still watch? Then it isn't played out. When ratings drop to a point it doesn't make sense it will end, until then there is no reason to stop. For all the complaining people do they keep watching. It's a business first, and business is still good.

Well, I'm vested at this point, and there aren't a lot of other options Sunday night.

Ratings at a 5-yr low - the end is near.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:56 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, I'm vested at this point, and there aren't a lot of other options Sunday night.

Ratings at a 5-yr low - the end is near.

Ratings at a 5 year low... still make it the most watched show on cable television during it's season and the third most watched show in all of TV on it's air date. I think 99% of shows would take that, so my guess is they are fine haha.

Side note: They still kill the 50 and under demographic that is the demo that advertiser pay the most for.
Reply/Quote
Did the writers really at one point decide "hey, the only interesting character on our show should really be left on a cliff for two full episodes"?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:45 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Did the writers really at one point decide "hey, the only interesting character on our show should really be left on a cliff for two full episodes"?

they have done it before....

Sometimes it makes more sense to focus on one group for an episode than to try and focus on everyone each episode and only give a little (half baked) presentation of each.

Negan should pop back up this sunday I would guess...  Its the preachers time to die...  He just started to turn the corner and become more trustworthy and interesting which means his time is up.

cliff hangers are what keep people talking about the show... and coming back to watch.
Reply/Quote
Reeeeeeallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tired of all the sappy moments and the flat rah rah speeches. 

They both happen way too often.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
How does the tiger strolling around on the battlefield know who's an ally and who's an enemy? I do know that doesn't make the top 100 of illogical things but it really bothers me.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: How does the tiger strolling around on the battlefield know who's an ally and who's an enemy? I do know that doesn't make the top 100 of illogical things but it really bothers me.

Thank you. I get if Shiva has been trained to not see anyone in the Kingdom's armor as an enemy, but when she's set loose, how does she only go after Saviors?

Reply/Quote
The writers also need to stop focusing 50% of the screen time on side characters if they don't want us to know they're going to die that episode.

Reply/Quote