Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
Here's my thinking on the matter. The character in question in last weeks episode, does not die, but is changed in the process. Where he might have been in with a group that was out, and meet his fate (like the comic version), because of what happened, he's not with them this time so someone else takes his place.

Just throwing stuff on the wall since the show likes to visit plots from the comics, but in a different way.

Last weeks episode gives them reason to keep that character out of harms way and it's, i think, a pretty cool twist to an already known plot line.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's my thinking on the matter. The character in question in last weeks episode, does not die, but is changed in the process. Where he might have been in with a group that was out, and meet his fate (like the comic version), because of what happened, he's not with them this time so someone else takes his place.

Just throwing stuff on the wall since the show likes to visit plots from the comics, but in a different way.

Last weeks episode gives them reason to keep that character out of harms way and it's, i think, a pretty cool twist to an already known plot line.

How about killing off Maggie at some point if Glenn survives? 

That would align with your change in character with him surviving and also killing off a semi-major character in the process.

I know everybody's got a woody for Maggie but since those two got together they've been a bore-a-thon.

Maybe then Glenn's character would be interesting again?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 01:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: How about killing off Maggie at some point if Glenn survives? 

That would align with your change in character with him surviving and also killing off a semi-major character in the process.

I know everybody's got a woody for Maggie but since those two got together they've been a bore-a-thon.

Maybe then Glenn's character would be interesting again?

Could be. They like to twist it up, for sure.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: *******CONTINUED SPOILER DISCUSSION

#4 has always been a no no in regards to fans, but it seems his role has diminished lately so i could see it.

I agree with your assessment on 1,2 and 3. 

What about Morgan?

End spoiler discussion

Yea his role has diminished. As far as the other guy, I assume he meets his comic fate or sticks around. They may want to develop him more. He's definitely more interesting in the show 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea his role has diminished. As far as the other guy, I assume he meets his comic fate or sticks around. They may want to develop him more. He's definitely more interesting in the show 

I just don't think they're following the comics as much as you're making it out. I've not kept a running record but it seems that they like to take plots from the comics and twist them around. 

We should take some time, sometime, and come up with a list of things that are the same and slightly different between the show and the comics.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just don't think they're following the comics as much as you're making it out. I've not kept a running record but it seems that they like to take plots from the comics and twist them around. 

We should take some time, sometime, and come up with a list of things that are the same and slightly different between the show and the comics.

The major comic plot points have been hit. Sometimes extra bits are added in or characters are tweaked a bit, but there has been a show equivalent for every thing major in the comics except for Rick's hand, though that might be happening...

Spoiler for the show>>>

>>
>
>

>
>>

>>
>

>>

>>
>
set photos show that Carl loses his eye like in the comics. 

>
>

>

>>
>

>>

>>

>
>>
>
>
>
 end. 

Reply/Quote
Do you think the wolf that Morgan is hiding ends up becoming Neegan?
Reply/Quote
Pretty good episode. Sad and a little slow, but good. Timing of it was terrible though. This should have come before last week's episode.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
not sure what the elapsed time was when Morgan met buddy to when he left buddy but he became a jedi master with that staff and martial arts fairly quickly no?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:39 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: not sure what the elapsed time was when Morgan met buddy to when he left buddy but he became a jedi master with that staff and martial arts fairly quickly no?

well there isnt alot of other things going on to occupy ones time lol It seems morgan left his place not long after the last rick visit when they came for guns imo.... So im guessing the duration of the prison siege (few weeks) with the old and new groups and then after the break down when everyone was on way to terminus as he caught the trail there and took a while to catch up.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:13 AM)Beaker Wrote: Do you think the wolf that Morgan is hiding ends up becoming Neegan?

Personally, my thinking was Negan was going to have some connection to either the girl who ran off or the three guys they mentioned exiling in the past. Maybe they came across him or he was one of the guys. Or something. But I think they've given her too much time for the girl to just disappear and have no relevance and there is no point mentioning the ones they exiled if they don't come into it eventually.

But no, I don't think the wolf is. My guess is he's going to get free at some point and Morgan is going to have his moment of either killing the guy or getting someone (maybe himself) killed. They've billed this as the season of Morgan vs Rick, and Morgan has some popularity. He's got to either do something unpopular, or he's got to misstep and get killed so that the Ricktatorship continues.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:13 AM)Beaker Wrote: Do you think the wolf that Morgan is hiding ends up becoming Neegan?

No. Negan's actor is being sought right now. They may already have someone. The guy Morgan has is their leader and the only confirmed one left alive. He'll serve as test for Morgan and then their adventures with the Wolves will be over. They're a good counter to the values of Alexandria: society versus nature. 

Reply/Quote
Savior clarification spoilers
>
>>

>>>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The Saviors are unrelated to anyone harassing Alexandria right now. They're a well organized community that "protects" other communities in exchange for half of their goods. They have established rules and a large base. They will be introduced after Rick and the crew learns about Hilltop, another community, after they meet Jesus.

>>
>

>>

>>
>
>
>

>
>>

>
>>

Reply/Quote
Man, this Neegan sounds like a bad motha.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man, this Neegan sounds like a bad motha.

Shut yo mouth 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Watched the Morgan episode and this weeks episode last night.

The Morgan episode was maybe my favorite episode of all time. I loved it.

Last nights episode was a snoozefest. I could have literally skipped out on that episode and not have missed anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Watched the Morgan episode and this weeks episode last night.

Last nights episode was a snoozefest. I could have literally skipped out on that episode and not have missed anything.

The first few of this season have been some of the strongest in the series, but I think they're going to go back to dragging things out over the next three so they can leave the cliffhanger of Darryl and Glenn. This episode was just filling space until they can have Darryl taken or whatever it is he's doing tied up and give some signal Glenn is still alive for the mid-season finale.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Watched the Morgan episode and this weeks episode last night.

I agree.  The Morgan episode was probably some of the best acting for a whole show through the entire series.

A lot of people found it to be boring.

Like you I thought the last episode was the boring one.

Morgan's was slow moving but very interesting.  Drama done right IMO.  Kind of like the Governor's trip from humility back to power episode. 

Not that "girl loses guy/guy loses girl" sappy soap opera crying bullshit.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They're trying to fit a span of 2-3 days into 8 episodes. It's going to be a snoozefest until the walls fall.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're trying to fit a span of 2-3 days into 8 episodes. It's going to be a snoozefest until the walls fall.

If the walls fall. 
Reply/Quote