Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(12-12-2017, 01:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thanks for the share. I havent been a fan of Gimple ever since he came around the show. On the talking dead he doesnt come across as a likable kinda guy, and very prickish or arrogant like. 

But the writer is correct. The show hasnt been the same for a few seasons now, and has progressively gotten worse. It started off with professionals writing and producing the show, and now has amateurs in charge it seems. Even my brother and mom, both diehard Dead fans, aren't fans of it this and last year. 

worst part is they are sending him to kill Fear the walking dead now
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the comics, I think he dies well before the series is over and Carl becomes the main protagonist. 

In the show, however, killing off Carl now means that Rick will be around until the last episode. Either the show ends with him dying or it ends with him older, leading a thriving community. 

Im starting to believe its the latter. I truly think the flash forwards hes having is a glimpse into the future. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im starting to believe its the latter. I truly think the flash forwards hes having is a glimpse into the future. 

Problem is Carl is in it. The flash forwards mirrored the time jump in the comics, but I guess it was just a dream with Carl now dying.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Problem is Carl is in it. The flash forwards mirrored the time jump in the comics, but I guess it was just a dream with Carl now dying.

Carl's Twin Brother separated At Birth shows up soon.....  Also missing an Eye
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Carl's Twin Brother separated At Birth shows up soon.....  Also missing an Eye

At least that would be interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Carl's Twin Brother separated At Birth shows up soon.....  Also missing an Eye

He was under a dumpster 

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 11:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He was under a dumpster 

right after what they did with glenn... (the teasing) I don't think they can do that again with another character or no one will ever truly die.

Best ending now would be to have ricks whole crew wiped out fighting the good fight.
Reply/Quote
Haven't been a fan of JDM as Negan since the beginning. With that said, in my opinion, the last few episodes have been better to watch than the last couple seasons. 

Not sure who is so in love with Gimple, but it seems that he's steering the show straight towards a cliff. It might be interesting to see if he's canned and someone else is brought in after this season. Based on what i know of the comics (haven't kept up since the beginning of the Whisperers) i think they have a chance to get it back on track with the right people. 

Still, kind of confusing that everyone was on board with killing Carl off. The article posted by Xeno? earlier says something about it tying some other things together. 

Hmm.

P.S. I may need to get online tonight and download some comics just to see where they are now.
P.P.S Holey moley...the last issue i downloaded was 126.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 09:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Haven't been a fan of JDM as Negan since the beginning. With that said, in my opinion, the last few episodes have been better to watch than the last couple seasons. 

Not sure who is so in love with Gimple, but it seems that he's steering the show straight towards a cliff. It might be interesting to see if he's canned and someone else is brought in after this season. Based on what i know of the comics (haven't kept up since the beginning of the Whisperers) i think they have a chance to get it back on track with the right people. 

Still, kind of confusing that everyone was on board with killing Carl off. The article posted by Xeno? earlier says something about it tying some other things together. 

Hmm.

P.S. I may need to get online tonight and download some comics just to see where they are now.
P.P.S Holey moley...the last issue i downloaded was 126.

Gimple was replaced by Angela Kang.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
For a while, I've been watching less and less closely.  Often texting or surfing during the show.

This week, I didn't watch and deleted it from my DVR.  After reading a review that this episode was suckingly insulting, I think I'm finally done with TWD.

And I'm a trooper - a show generally has to really suck for me to lose all interest.  It's stuck in neutral.  We've been watching the SAME show for 5-6 years.  It's too tiresome any more.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 03:22 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: For a while, I've been watching less and less closely.  Often texting or surfing during the show.

This week, I didn't watch and deleted it from my DVR.  After reading a review that this episode was suckingly insulting, I think I'm finally done with TWD.

And I'm a trooper - a show generally has to really suck for me to lose all interest.  It's stuck in neutral.  We've been watching the SAME show for 5-6 years.  It's too tiresome any more.

Funny you mention deleting it from your DVR.....I did that too a couple weeks ago.  Just lost complete interest in this show.  Looking back, I think the straw that broke the camel's back was me missing the episode where Abraham and Glenn meet Lucille.  I didn't have cable at the time and had no way to watch it.  and honestly, I really don't feel like I've been ANYTHING since then either.  Carl got his?  OK, cool?  Some other lame character got his?  Fine.  No big deal. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
This thread is like a microcosm of the popularity of the show. I mean it has been back on for about a month now, and the first post about the show was a couple of days ago lul.

Anyways Ive been watching it still, but the damage has been done over the last few years in fans losing interest anymore. And the only reason I am still watching is because of the time invested in it. Because quite honestly the writing and directing of the show the last two seasons have been awful overall.

At this point though for me to watch next season, these final 3 episodes need to have a conclusion with Negan and the saviors once and for all. If it ends in another dumbass cliffhanger with the war still going on, I will pretty much be done with it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 03:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This thread is like a microcosm of the popularity of the show. I mean it has been back on for about a month now, and the first post about the show was a couple of days ago lul.

Anyways Ive been watching it still, but the damage has been done over the last few years in fans losing interest anymore. And the only reason I am still watching is because of the time invested in it. Because quite honestly the writing and directing of the show the last two seasons have been awful overall.

At this point though for me to watch next season, these final 3 episodes need to have a conclusion with Negan and the saviors once and for all. If it ends in another dumbass cliffhanger with the war still going on, I will pretty much be done with it.

Yea, in seasons past this thread was bumping. The show just isn't that good. 

They said the war is suppose to end this season. I'm just worried about where they'll take the show after that, given how much they've deviated. I also wonder how this show can survive with the slower material that comes after this season's source material. 

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 03:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I didn't have cable at the time and had no way to watch it.

You must be new to the internet.... or very law-abiding. There are sites out there, you know.

I think the show is getting better recently, and I'd say the main problem of the last seaons were too many split up storylines, it got confusing to follow, plus the saviors are just a lousy opponent. It's completely unclear how many there are, how close a win might be, plus it got dragged out way too long. The consequence being a sense of stagnation on a quite frustrating level. Also, the dystopian apocalyptic touch got lost, for walkers have become a quite unimportant sideshow for most parts.

Killing Carl, as I see it, was a very smart move. People talk about that one, plus I personally had little love for that child anyway, that also grew way too fast. 
Reply/Quote
I feel like it's better. It kind of had to be. But at this point it was just too little too late. If it were up to me I'd end it after the fight with the saviors.

I think it makes too much money for them to mercifully kill off the series. AMC doesn't have much else going for them.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 03:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I feel like it's better. It kind of had to be. But at this point it was just too little too late. If it were up to me I'd end it after the fight with the saviors.

I think it makes too much money for them to mercifully kill off the series. AMC doesn't have much else going for them.

They could end the main series and work on the spin off Fear the Walking dead or add another spin off as well  as I'm sure there are pockets of surivors facing similar problems around the globe. (maybe on set in another country) 

The main series seems to going well this season.(or second half of a season) 

Rick is still a blood thirsty idiot.
Negan is still the coolest dude on the show.
Maggie needs put down

I'm not sure when it happened but my 3 favorite people right now are Negan, Eugene, Dwight.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:36 PM)hollodero Wrote: You must be new to the internet.... or very law-abiding. There are sites out there, you know.

I think the show is getting better recently, and I'd say the main problem of the last seaons were too many split up storylines, it got confusing to follow, plus the saviors are just a lousy opponent. It's completely unclear how many there are, how close a win might be, plus it got dragged out way too long. The consequence being a sense of stagnation on a quite frustrating level. Also, the dystopian apocalyptic touch got lost, for walkers have become a quite unimportant sideshow for most parts.

Killing Carl, as I see it, was a very smart move. People talk about that one, plus I personally had little love for that child anyway, that also grew way too fast. 

Right before any WD season or 2nd half of the season they always marathon the entire show... (on sundays leading up)  keep an eye out and you can have it record were ever you left off.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 03:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They could end the main series and work on the spin off Fear the Walking dead or add another spin off as well  as I'm sure there are pockets of surivors facing similar problems around the globe. (maybe on set in another country) 

The main series seems to going well this season.(or second half of a season) 

Rick is still a blood thirsty idiot.
Negan is still the coolest dude on the show.
Maggie needs put down

I'm not sure when it happened but my 3 favorite people right now are Negan, Eugene, Dwight.

He has had multiple times to kill Simon that would change the course of their group.

So he just follows the stupidity that these other characters do like Rick.

I just hope they don't mess too much with Fear The Walking Dead because at this point in time it's a far superior show.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 07:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He has had multiple times to kill Simon that would change the course of their group.

So he just follows the stupidity that these other characters do like Rick.

I just hope they don't mess too much with Fear The Walking Dead because at this point in time it's a far superior show.

Yeah... Dwight is playing the double agent and isn't that great at it...   Pretty sure his arrow was clean for tara.
Reply/Quote
Just came accross this thread. I gave up on the walking dead after last season. Just a boring ass show that didnt do anything for me. The Neagan story line drug out for WAY too long and it just wasnt interesting.

So, what happened this season? Are the Saviors all dead? I heard Carl died but that didnt get much of an emotional response from me considering his character was boring as shit.
Reply/Quote