Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching "real" football.
(11-20-2018, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No love for an experienced HC with a winning percentage around .600? 

The same coach who doesn’t know what a playoff win feels like or what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As much as we hate to admit it; you may have left out one team. 

Yup.

Steelers are looking better than the pats right now. We’ll find out soon.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Donald was on the Bengals and Geno was on the Rams would we still be saying that ?

Yes cause it’s true and not even close.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:51 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Looks like Geno got paid and just doesn't give a rats azz if he is a disrupting force anymore.
How long do you have to play for the Bengals/MB/ML before you realize that you don't really have a chance at a SB.  I know, they get paid a lot, self motivation, etc.  Problem is we are talking about humans and not robots.  These pro athletes want to win and be coached and lead by winners, not by a .500 and mediocre is good enough staff.

At some point people will start to give up.  How do you think their play will be this Sunday?  They know they are pretty much out of the playoffs, ML is now HC and DC, we brought back a retread and MB is still the Charlie Brown of football.  That all sounds like some motivation in the making right there.

You will find very few negative posts from me, but I am just done with the MB/ML/retread show.  So ready to be done with all of them and get a real,, true fresh start.  Unfortunately for Cincy that is probably a dream that will never come true.  Just another disappointing season filled with the same characters and the same excuses.  Maybe year 28 will be different.   Yawn

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:10 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A little further east.....

The Scottish Claymores?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:01 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: How long do you have to play for the Bengals/MB/ML before you realize that you don't really have a chance at a SB.  I know, they get paid a lot, self motivation, etc.  Problem is we are talking about humans and not robots.  These pro athletes want to win and be coached and lead by winners, not by a .500 and mediocre is good enough staff.

At some point people will start to give up.  How do you think their play will be this Sunday?  They know they are pretty much out of the playoffs, ML is now HC and DC, we brought back a retread and MB is still the Charlie Brown of football.  That all sounds like some motivation in the making right there.

You will find very few negative posts from me, but I am just done with the MB/ML/retread show.  So ready to be done with all of them and get a real,, true fresh start.  Unfortunately for Cincy that is probably a dream that will never come true.  Just another disappointing season filled with the same characters and the same excuses.  Maybe year 28 will be different.   Yawn

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
$10 million under the cap and still no attempt to help the team even tho they were 5-3 at the bye week tells the team and fans what Mike Brown thinks about trying to better the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No love for an experienced HC with a winning percentage around .600? 

I come up with .516 130-122-3 including SEVEN p[layoff losses = no love
Reply/Quote
50 something to 50 something ain't REAL football...REAL football is running it up the gut 50 times per game, winning 7-3 and then watching the players go work in a coal mine for the rest of the day rather than drive their pimped-up escalades out of the stadium parking lot.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 50 something to 50 something ain't REAL football...REAL football is running it up the gut 50 times per game, winning 7-3 and then watching the players go work in a coal mine for the rest of the day rather than drive their pimped-up escalades out of the stadium parking lot.

I was thinking basically the same thing last night. If this game was played on a Sunday at 1pm in October of 1990 I would have turned the TV off and went Dear hunting in the middle of the 3rd qtr. A real football game to me and most of us old timers is a 17-13 slug fest where there's actually a defense on the field.

Speaking of the 1990's if you would have told me in 1990 that "10 years from now you will be at a point where you could care less about baseball" I would have said you're nuts. And I can't help but wonder if the same it's true about football today ? Especially given the current FUBAR the current Bengals are in and apparently will stay in forever.
Reply/Quote
Everybody got schooled in the NFL watching the game yesterday. Bellichek was pretty busy taking notes.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Donald was on the Bengals and Geno was on the Rams would we still be saying that ?

I believe so. There was a point where Geno was considered the best DT in the game and nobody really questioned it. Then Donald came in and the narrative switched. Most people still consider Atkins the 2nd best DT, 3rd at worst. 
Reply/Quote
It's simple. Donald is 27 and in his prime. He might end up the greatest DT of all time. Geno is 30 and father time never loses. That doesn't take away what Geno has/will accomplish. Also, I'd be willing to bet if Atkins had Suh next to him he would have a much easier time getting to the QB. Instead he gets help from Andrew Billings and Josh Topou. The guy consistently gets double teamed because the other team has zero respect for the other guys around him.

Of all the players to bash on this defense Geno Atkins is not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 50 something to 50 something ain't REAL football...REAL football is running it up the gut 50 times per game, winning 7-3 and then watching the players go work in a coal mine for the rest of the day rather than drive their pimped-up escalades out of the stadium parking lot.

Someone's channeling Grampahol.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

this is a great troll. Just enough crazy 'get off my lawn' vibes to make it believable. 
Reply/Quote

This wasn’t real football. This was Roger Goodell’s wettest dream: Zillions of points and no defense. It was worse than watching the NBA.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This wasn’t real football.  This was Roger Goodell’s wettest dream:  Zillions of points and no defense.  It was worse than watching the NBA.

"Real' football is however it is currently played. Therefore, the game last night was real football. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:35 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: "Real' football is however it is currently played. Therefore, the game last night was real football. 

Over 1000 yds of offense in one game isn't real football. Its arena league football. The NFL has tied the hands of the defense and this is what we have gotten, monkeys running around in the circus.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You can replace QB with HC in your statement and it applies as well.

Yup, Reynolds comes in for Kupp and they never miss a beat.  TEs came up big as well.  Also like to add in a stellar oline.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:20 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. I found it funny earlier in the season when there was a thread saying age i was better than Donald. They’d take Geno 10/10 times over Donald.

Geno is great but Donald is so far ahead of every other DT in the league, it’s ridiculous.

He's good, but having Suh lined up next to you vs Billings is a huge advantage too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 05:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's good, but having Suh lined up next to you vs Billings is a huge advantage too.

It doesn't particularly do much for Donald. He is still double-teamed over 70% of the team he is on the field. The next closest is JJ Watt in the mid-40's.
Reply/Quote