Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching "real" football.
Rams win 54-51..."OMG that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. The rams coach is a genius."

Bengals win 54-51..."OMG we were SOOOOO lucky to win that. Our defense SUCKS. We just got lucky to get a couple of turnovers. How soon can we fire our DC?"
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't call it "real" football. "New" football maybe. But even then you're only seeing maybe 3 or 4 out of 32 teams consistently putting out this type of offensive production. Hardly the norm. But it is disheartening if this trends. Not a lot of defenses are fun to watch anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:53 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Sitting here watching the Rams and Chiefs and I'm envious as hell. How great it must be to be a fan of a great football team. How great it would be to have a young innovative HC like Sean McVay. I'll bet Whit feels like he died and went to heaven.   Whatever

No shit, rooting for Whit to get that Superbowl ring this year.

Those Defenses are bad too though, just like us.

I like better Defense myself. A bit sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit, rooting for Whit to get that Superbowl ring this year.

Thats the nfl with their new rules,this is their creation. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rams win 54-51..."OMG that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.  The rams coach is a genius."

Bengals win 54-51..."OMG we were SOOOOO lucky to win that.  Our defense SUCKS.  We just got lucky to get a couple of turnovers.  How soon can we fire our DC?"

I mean, the Bengals have done the giving up 51 points part.... Came pretty close to doing that with the Chiefs, too! Were just 6 points off. Man.

And the Rams coach is a genius.

I get what you're trying to do, but come on Fred.

PS: The Bengals haven't scored more than 37 points since 2013.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Since i don't root for other teams I'm stuck rooting only for the  Bengals.  I hate to say it, but I'm pretty much giving up on football this year except for maybe a few Bengals games if I have nothing else to do on Sundays  .
I'm thinking I might just fire up my shop and build some new furniture in the coming months. The old woman wants a new towel rack in the bathroom and I'm still supposed to build her tea cabinet.  I'm seriously considering a good hardwood countertop in the kitchen to replace the crappy tile one. Tzalam (Caribbean walnut) countertops are high end in demand in certain circles..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit, rooting for Whit to get that Superbowl ring this year.

I turned it off at the half. To me, that game was like watching Arena League Football..... all offense, no defense. As for Whit, I was watching him and focusing on his play. He's getting away with a ton of false starts.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rams win 54-51..."OMG that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.  The rams coach is a genius."

Bengals win 54-51..."OMG we were SOOOOO lucky to win that.  Our defense SUCKS.  We just got lucky to get a couple of turnovers.  How soon can we fire our DC?"

Yeah. Comparing the fictional reaction from a 10-1 team to that of a 5-5 Bengals team with the defense literally on pace to be historically bad. That makes sense. Pretty sure you find enough real reasons to put down Bengal fans without having to make them up.
Reply/Quote
All y'all complaining about all the points scored in this game would be on top of the world if it was our Bengals who won the game. If we had a QB like Mahommes or Goff we'd be loving it.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:40 PM)BengalRed Wrote: All y'all complaining about all the points scored in this game would be on top of the world if it was our Bengals who won the game. If we had a QB like Mahommes or Goff we'd be loving it.

Absolutely I would love it, but that does not negate the fact I think the leagues rules all favoring offense is detrimental to the league and the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:16 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Thats the nfl with their new rules,this is their creation. 

I know and i don't like it.

(11-21-2018, 09:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I turned it off at the half. To me, that game was like watching Arena League Football..... all offense, no defense. As for Whit, I was watching him and focusing on his play. He's getting away with a ton of false starts.

Whit would never get away with that here...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know and i don't like it.

Whit would never get away with that here...

Nope, some of them were very blatant and right in front of the ref, one I remember he had taken almost his full first step.... never called. If he so much as twitched here, he would get called.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I turned it off at the half. To me, that game was like watching Arena League Football..... all offense, no defense. As for Whit, I was watching him and focusing on his play. He's getting away with a ton of false starts.

There were 8 sacks, 3 interceptions, 5 forced fumbles, and 3 defensive touchdowns.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
That, to me, was one of the best football performances I've ever seen. It honestly felt like a stacked Hollywood movie with a laundry list of A-list stars.

There were top level playmakers EVERYWHERE! I just think the rules are so against defense nowadays that these guys really can't be blamed that much. And I think that defense in time will probably adapt as well.

It's insane to see a 2nd year QB and 3rd year QB perform this well. Especially watching Mahomes, I'm as scared of him as I am of guys like Peyton Manning and Rodgers! He's unreal!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There were 8 sacks, 3 interceptions, 5 forced fumbles, and 3 defensive touchdowns.

144 plays/ 5 fumbles= one fumble every 29 plays. . 95 pass plays/3ints=0ne int per 31 plays. Over one thousand yards. Yeah a real defensive gem.
Reply/Quote

Oh, okay.  Compare what actually happened to a fantasy.  Yeah, that's apples to apples.  You're as out of answers as Marvin.  Yet both of you still go on and on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 12:00 AM)thillan Wrote: That, to me, was one of the best football performances I've ever seen. It honestly felt like a stacked Hollywood movie with a laundry list of A-list stars.

There were top level playmakers EVERYWHERE! I just think the rules are so against defense nowadays that these guys really can't be blamed that much. And I think that defense in time will probably adapt as well.

It's insane to see a 2nd year QB and 3rd year QB perform this well. Especially watching Mahomes, I'm as scared of him as I am of guys like Peyton Manning and Rodgers! He's unreal!

Since when is throwing 3 interceptions and fumbling twice a "great game"?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 12:00 AM)thillan Wrote: That, to me, was one of the best football performances I've ever seen. It honestly felt like a stacked Hollywood movie with a laundry list of A-list stars.

Mahomes is a good player, but the league will catch up with him. I remember Kaepernick being unstoppable for awhile too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 06:01 PM)jason Wrote: Mahomes is a good player, but the league will catch up with him. I remember Kaepernick being unstoppable for awhile too.

Kaepernick did not have the weapons and coiaches that Mahomes has.  Alex Smith was the top rated QB in the league last year with thoise weapons and coaches.  Mahomes is good, but he would not be putting up those record numbers with any other team.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 06:01 PM)jason Wrote: Mahomes is a good player, but the league will catch up with him. I remember Kaepernick being unstoppable for awhile too.

No comparison between the two.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote