Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Watson will play against Bengals
(08-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Is this actually real life?

In a related note, the Browns have hired 300 new massage therapists.
He still may get the season. NFL can appeal Rodger then determines process. Sue Robinson role is done. Sue could have gave him 1 game and he still would have been suspended season. He still more than likely will get suspended season.
(08-01-2022, 10:32 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He still may get the season. NFL can appeal Rodger then determines process. Sue Robinson role is done. Sue could have gave him 1 game and he still would have been suspended season. He still more than likely will get suspended season.

Yes. Goodell is the ultimate judge of the conduct policy.

That said, if they suspend him the year...he will sue. And, then who knows what happens.
(08-01-2022, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Goodell is the ultimate judge of the conduct policy.

That said, if they suspend him the year...he will sue. And, then who knows what happens.

You could at least respect the league for doing the right thing though. Even if it doesn’t hold up in court.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-01-2022, 10:32 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He still may get the season. NFL can appeal Rodger then determines process. Sue Robinson role is done. Sue could have gave him 1 game and he still would have been suspended season. He still more than likely will get suspended season.

Didn’t the NFL, NFLPA, and the Watson camp agree to not appeal regardless of the outcome?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-01-2022, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Goodell is the ultimate judge of the conduct policy.

The court they appeal to they will lose. They have written contract with the NFLPA and NFL the players agreed to this. I don't see the NFLPA going on strike over Deshaun
(08-01-2022, 10:36 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Didn’t the NFL, NFLPA, and the Watson camp agree to not appeal regardless of the outcome?

They will appeal Goddell and NFL canceling Sue Robinson's decision. but court decides with a written agreed upon contract in 999 out of 1000 cases.
Watson is still screwed IMO
Over the next 3 days NFL will massage their options
(08-01-2022, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You could at least respect the league for doing the right thing though. Even if it doesn’t hold up in court.

The NFL is kind of odd. MLB puts the hammer down on guys.

The NFL...for like owners, they've generally taken it easy. So then when a player has an accusation like the owner...and the owner had a light punishment...it's hard.

But, I think the NFL will suspend him indefinately...then this ends up in court.
Sorry to the mods who had to clean up my posts. Needless to say - I’m angry, and this issue hits close to home for me.

(08-01-2022, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And honestly - good on them for doing the right thing. This is a terrible look for the NFL.

Agreed. The NFL versus MLB response is startling. Watson got a slap on the wrist but really no penalty. Bad look for NFL.
(08-01-2022, 10:36 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Didn’t the NFL, NFLPA, and the Watson camp agree to not appeal regardless of the outcome?

The NFLPA and Watson camp did and tried to get the NFL to.

They probably already knew it was 6 games at that point.
(08-01-2022, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry to the mods who had to clean up my posts. Needless to say - I’m angry, and this issue hits close to home for me.

You live near Cleveland?  Sarcasm
Total BS suspension. You expose yourself to unwilling women then masturbate in front of them ? That's some inmate level shit right there.

He's a sick turd. We'll see where it goes from here ?
Tristen Kuhn
@KuhnTristen

NFL suspensions:
Calvin Ridley: 17 games, betting
Vontaze Burfict: 12 games, targeting
DeAndre Hopkins: 6 games, PED
Martavis Bryant: Indefinitely, Weed
Josh Gordon: 25+ games, Weed
Darren Waller: 16 games, substance abuse

DeShaun Watson: 6 games, 25 SV accusations
(08-01-2022, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Watson broke no laws and what he did did not effect the game like deflating footballs would.

I think you are missing the point. Watson hurt the trillion dollar BRAND!

This is why the NFL should appeal it or just let Goodell and team give out an indefinite suspension and Watson can appeal. There are still cases unresolved and why it should be indefinite.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
The case presented by the NFL ultimately focused on four alleged violations; the fifth (based on media reports and not an interview of the accuser) is not part of the decision-making process. Judge Robinson, after considering the evidence presented to her and making specific findings of fact, will apply the terms of the Personal Conduct Policy to the facts and determine whether and to what extent Watson should be punished.

One of the strongest arguments on Watson’s behalf comes from the plain language of the policy: “Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/19/deshaun-watsons-intent-to-sue-may-remain-moot-2-8-games-could-be-final-range-of-punishment/

No, the NFL never agreed to not appeal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
IG: JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

While Sue Robinson's 6-game suspension falls notably short of the indefinite suspension of at least 1-year that the NFL was seeking, I'm told Deshaun Watson's counsel & reps are currently displeased with the ruling. Watson's side still firmly maintain it should have been 0 games.
(08-01-2022, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry to the mods who had to clean up my posts. Needless to say - I’m angry, and this issue hits close to home for me.

You’re the type to lead a witch hunt. All emotion, very little rationality