Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Watson will play against Bengals
Rich Ohrnberger
@ohrnberger

In 2022, Deshaun Watson will earn approximately $45.5 Million. Calvin Ridley will earn $0.
(08-01-2022, 11:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re the type to lead a witch hunt. All emotion, very little rationality

Witch hunt? The ***** guy has been accused by TWENTY FOUR+ women you absolute cretin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Is this actually real life?

so much for having a clean look for a Disney relationship..
bad look for NFL. I was thinking 8 at  minimum 
(08-01-2022, 11:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Witch hunt? The ***** guy has been accused by TWENTY FOUR+ women you absolute cretin.

See what I mean?
(08-01-2022, 11:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rich Ohrnberger
@ohrnberger

In 2022, Deshaun Watson will earn approximately $45.5 Million. Calvin Ridley will earn $0.

but how much did Ridley earn by betting on his own sport..  hmmm?
(08-01-2022, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Watson broke no laws and what he did did not effect the game like deflating footballs would.

If he didn't do anything wrong then why did the NFL suspend him at all? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(08-01-2022, 10:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Tristen Kuhn
@KuhnTristen

NFL suspensions:
Calvin Ridley: 17 games, betting
Vontaze Burfict: 12 games, targeting
DeAndre Hopkins: 6 games, PED
Martavis Bryant: Indefinitely, Weed
Josh Gordon: 25+ games, Weed
Darren Waller: 16 games, substance abuse

DeShaun Watson: 6 games, 25 SV accusations

Good information.
This thread, and many you see on social media have actually highlighted the bigger issue of this new system for the NFL that they didn't foresee. When the NFL handled all punishments there was an internal "ranking" of severity that allowed them to say "If this person go this for that then this person probably needs to get more/less". By outsourcing this process they have now created two punishment tracks that no longer have that reliance on each other. In cases that aren't personal conduct policy the NFL still retains control and uses their sense of morality while in personal conduct policy situations they interject a 3rd party's scale for severity.

This creates these comparisons of "x got Y, how is this real?" and that is a bad situation for the NFL to now be in. They went this route because they thought the perception of being judge, jury, and executioner was a bad look but in this new processes first implementation it has done far more damage then we have seen in previous cases where people cried unfair. The NFL now has a choice to make, do they let it stand and lean into being "impartial", or do they decide it was just too wildly out of line with their moralities and override the ruling?

A couple things for people to understand here that I do think matter. The 3rd party only heard complaints on 5 specific incidents. The NFL chose to limit it to only 5 specific incidents which in hindsight was probably a pretty bad miss by the NFL. They probably thought they could paint the best picture with those 5, however the power in this situation I think is in the sheer volume. That said, the 3rd party only made this based on 5 incidents not the 25 people keep mentioning which needs to be kept in perspective.

Another thing here that I think is worth noting is that the NFL can override the 3rd party, but that is not without other issues. The NFLPA and Watson could file for a temporary restraining order to prevent any extended punishment from going into effect. Even in past cases where the NFL succeeded the restraining orders have been issued until the cases could be heard which means such a move could have Watson on the field to open the season which the NFL probably would prefer not to happen.

The other side of this is that the NFL probably can't take those other 20 cases into account if they up the suspension as that probably would give Watson a decent leg to stand on to challenge this. This is why I come back to my first point, where the NFL screwed up it appears is in not making the argument based on the totality of cases but rather the 5 they thought they needed to drive this home.
(08-01-2022, 11:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If he didn't do anything wrong then why did the NFL suspend him at all? 

This is just...top shelf logic. Truly
(08-01-2022, 11:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is just...top shelf logic. Truly

You literally chose a fictional RAPIST as your profile pic, and you have the gall to come into a thread like this and question people’s opinions on the matter? You’re quite a piece of work.

(08-01-2022, 11:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but how much did Ridley earn by betting on his own sport..  hmmm?

It was a $3900 in bets over 6 wagers, 5 of which were multi leg parlays and the 6th was an in game total points scored bet. He lost on all 6 bets and made nothing.
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis

Trevor Bauer got a 324 game MLB suspension — two years — for non-criminal sexual assault allegations. Deshaun Watson, so far, got six NFL games for 30 women’s non-criminal allegations. Bauer’s suspension will cost him over $60 million, Watson’s suspension will cost him $300k.
(08-01-2022, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You literally chose a fictional RAPIST as your profile pic, and you have the gall to come into a thread like this and question people’s opinions on the matter? You’re quite a piece of work.

Breathe. Everything’s gonna be alright
(08-01-2022, 11:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is just...top shelf logic. Truly

NFL clearly admits that Watson did something wrong by suspending him at all. Is 6 games enough for you based on that? It isn't for me. 
(08-01-2022, 11:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If he didn't do anything wrong then why did the NFL suspend him at all? 

To Fred's defense, he never said DW didn't do anything wrong; he said he broke no laws.

If the women he supposedly assaulted/victimized settled for cash then DW "walking" was a decision they made. 

Luckily I think there's at least one that didn't settle; so we'll see how that plays out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-01-2022, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: To Fred's defense, he never said DW didn't do anything wrong; he said he broke no laws.

If the women he supposedly assaulted/victimized settled for cash then DW "walking" was a decision they made. 

Luckily I think there's at least one that didn't settle; so we'll see how that plays out. 

It's not about laws. It's about the NFL's personal conduct policy. 

Obviously they saw an issue with what he did so they disciplined him.
(08-01-2022, 11:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IG: JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

While Sue Robinson's 6-game suspension falls notably short of the indefinite suspension of at least 1-year that the NFL was seeking, I'm told Deshaun Watson's counsel & reps are currently displeased with the ruling. Watson's side still firmly maintain it should have been 0 games.

Haha, gets a slap on the wrist and still bitches about it.
(08-01-2022, 10:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The amount of civil cases he settled is irrelevant. The NFL took 5 cases forward and then it ties to the conduct policy. The NFL deemed that most of the other cases didn't violate the conduct policy apparently or they would have taken them forward as well I'd assume.

There were lots of good twitter posts in the weeks leading up to this. The NFL conduct policy is meant to punish violence which didn't occur in this.

Then, the NFL went light on owners like Kraft.

I wanted him to get more, but given the things I typed above...I understand how a 3rd party would go 6.
It's more Snyder than Kratt. I mean Kraft just got an  old Fashion at a massage parlor but Snyder has run an organization  dedicated to harassing women.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Don't toke that lettuce, bet on a game, or hit someone too hard, but sexual assault and PEDs are a-ok! Whatever

Attached Files Image(s)

"Better send those refunds..."

(08-01-2022, 11:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Haha, gets a slap on the wrist and still bitches about it.

He’s scum. He hasn’t showed one ounce of remorse during any of this.