Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Well, they have had the person of interest in custody since yesterday, and have not released any information on him/her. Was this a drunken driver, someone pissed off over the Rittenhouse verdict, a local idiot with a perceived gripe or a terrorist. The whole "run a vehicle through a Christmas event" mirrors what happened in France during the Bastille Day celebrations. If this turns out to be a terrorist who slipped in across the border, Biden and the Dems are done. If it is some Antifa type pissed about the verdict, that is not going to play well for them either. If it is some drunk, I believe they would have already said that, as they would if it were some idiot with a local gripe. Hard to say what it was, but the silence is telling.
Reply/Quote
Wishful thinking to blame Biden for any of your above scenarios. Or Anti Fascist (which we all used to be including our military, until a certain party embraced fascism).

But hey, maybe it was self defense. Shouldn't we let the facts come out first before the excitement to try to pin it on a POTUS?

Can't even hide the extreme politics. But you don't even try, and I can respect that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
What a horrible tragedy. It's hard to speculate how or why this happened and will keep the individuals and families affected in my thoughts and prayers. It appears they have someone in custody so answers should be provided soon.

Reply/Quote
Sorry baseball, but the new American pasttime is attributing the actions of nuts to one of the two major political parties.

And some side lulz to the party of personal responsibility eagerly hitting the refresh button for information to link the actions of this one person to Joe Biden.
Reply/Quote
Pure evil. My prayers are with the victims.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: Wishful thinking to blame Biden for any of your above scenarios. Or Anti Fascist (which we all used to be including our military, until a certain party embraced fascism).

But hey, maybe it was self defense. Shouldn't we let the facts come out first before the excitement to try to pin it on a POTUS?

Can't even hide the extreme politics. But you don't even try, and I can respect that.

Reading is fundamental. I gave 4 different scenarios, and only one could be blamed on the Biden Administration if it were a terrorist who came across the southern border. If it is a pissed off BLM or Antifa type, that will not be a good look for them, as I pointed out. I also said it could be a drunk, or someone beefing about local issues. So you missed the mark again. 

Funny, you raise the issue of self defense. I was reading earlier tweets from a Democrat saying just that, and that the blood of the Rittenhouse trial is now on Wisconsin's children. I thought was a purely sick person. 

Quote:After Sunday’s Christmas parade horror in Waukesha, Wisconsin, an Illinois Democrat appeared to portray the tragedy as a form of payback for Friday’s acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha.

"It was probably just self-defense," read one of a series of mocking social media posts from Mary Lemanski, who is listed as the social media director for the Democratic Party in DuPage County, Illinois.
Lemanski also describes herself as an acting student with the famed Second City comedy group.
"Living in Wisconsin, he probably felt threatened," read another post attributed to Lemanski, referring to the SUV driver in the Waukesha case.
The messages appeared to mock the self-defense argument that Rittenhouse and his defense team made during their recent trial – an argument with which a Wisconsin jury apparently agreed as they found the 18-year-old not guilty of murder in connection with two shooting deaths last year.
"The blood of Kyle Rittenhouse’s victims is on the hands of Wisconsin citizens," she writes at one point, "even the children."
Click here to read more on Fox News

And now I hear it here..... At any rate, the POI has been identified as a local felon.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  At any rate, the POI has been identified as a local felon.

Hopefully it was nothing more than some sick person.

Reply/Quote
And again it all comes back to "Why is this guy on the street in the first place?"

Quote:The man being questioned after a red SUV plowed through Waukesha's Christmas parade, killing at least five people and injuring dozens, has been identified as Darrell E. Brooks Jr., a Milwaukee man with a criminal history dating back to 1999 that includes numerous violent felonies.

Multiple senior law enforcement sources told Fox News that the 39-year-old longtime felon was being questioned in connection with the attack.

Police said early Monday that a red SUV plowed into pedestrians Sunday evening, killing five and injuring at least 40 more. Some of the victims were children.

He has a long rap sheet and a number of pending cases. Brooks’ most recent court appearance came on Nov. 5 for charges including reckless endangerment, battery, domestic abuse, resisting arrest and bail jumping. He was out on $1,000 bail for those charges at the time of the attack.
When a person has repeatedly shown they are not capable of living in society by normal rules they should be sent away permanently. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: But hey, maybe it was self defense.

This is an odious statement and you should honestly feel bad for making it.

Quote:Shouldn't we let the facts come out first before the excitement to try to pin it on a POTUS?

I completely agree.  Will you address the facts if and when they turn out to challenge your own preconceptions?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And again it all comes back to "Why is this guy on the street in the first place?"

When a person has repeatedly shown they are not capable of living in society by normal rules they should be sent away permanently. 

Seems simple in theory, but the USA is already pretty above and beyond in terms of incarcerations.  This is something that may require a solution that goes beyond "Lock 'em up, problem solved."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  
I completely agree.  Will you address the facts if and when they turn out to challenge your own preconceptions?

Of course. I always do. I've never had a problem doing that. Will you demand that from those on the extremes that you just so happen to agree with?

No need to answer. I know you won't or else you would have base off of the assumptions of the OP.

But blaming Biden, BLM, Antifa etc weren't "odious" statements in your supposed "fair and balanced" book.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Of course. I always do. I've never had a problem doing that.

You certainly didn't in the Rittenhouse thread.

Quote:Will you demand that from those on the extremes that you just so happen to agree with?

Out of curiosity, exactly who are you referring to?

Quote:No need to answer. I know you won't or else you would have base off of the assumptions of the OP.

No, you already made that point, why would I need to reiterate it?

Quote:But blaming Biden, BLM, Antifa etc weren't "odious" statements in your supposed "fair and balanced" book.

If he said anything remotely on par to your awful "maybe it was self defense" comment you're damned right I would have called it out.  You said something shitty, don't deflect, just own it.  Or, alternatively, you could apologize for making it?  Unless you still stand by it?
Reply/Quote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10229909/Illinois-Democratic-staffer-MOCKS-Waukesha-SUV-tragedy-killed-five-injured-dozens.html#comments

Truly disgusting people roaming this planet.
Reply/Quote
What did I say wrong in the Kyle thread? I maintain and nearly everyone agrees, if he was a black teen this would have been viewed a lot differently (and he likely would have been shot instead of having to beg to be apprehended and taken out to dinner for it).

And we all knew the judge was pro Kyle, which I believe I focused a lot on. Even Kyle's supporters (as we see now the memes they are sharing highlighting it).

If I was wrong about other things I will gladly admit it. You just have to highlight it. I don't speak based on a political view and have the right to change my mind or say what I feel. I'm not locked in on either side for political purposes.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If he said anything remotely on par to your awful "maybe it was self defense" comment you're damned right I would have called it out.  You said something shitty, don't deflect, just own it.  Or, alternatively, you could apologize for making it?  Unless you still stand by it?

I'm not apologizing for anything. It could have been just as easy self defense for whatever reason as it could have been BLM or Antifa or Biden's fault or anything else stated. Why would one be worse then the other if all was proven wrong? Because you just so happen to disagree with the one? 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:28 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10229909/Illinois-Democratic-staffer-MOCKS-Waukesha-SUV-tragedy-killed-five-injured-dozens.html#comments

Truly disgusting people roaming this planet.

She is right tho. "When you open the door to vigilante justice, everyone seems threatening". Vigilante justice is going to come back and bite those who supported it when it benefited their beliefs and values. Sooner or later the shoe is going to be on the other foot. And the trial opened that up. We now have to wait and see what the story is behind these events. Someone could have thrown a rock at that car. Thrown a skateboard at it. Not that they did, but until we know it's now possible to justify mass murders.

The problem with the Kyle verdict is that vigilante justice was magnified as acceptable, but we all know there is nothing good that ever comes from vigilante justice. It will happen again, and more frequently. The toothpaste can't go back into the tube. If someone feels threatened for whatever reasons, they can act, and they can kill. 

Think of the next black teen who brings a gun to a Klan rally. They will attack him. Him killing them is no longer out of the question (him getting away with it is), but those who supported Kyle would think differently about what happened (they'd likely say he shouldn't have never went, or he knew where he was going and getting into and asked for it by showing up).

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not apologizing for anything. 

Which tells me all I need to know about what kind of person you are.  Mocking the deaths of people who were out celebrating the holidays.  Seriously sickening.  You can consider this conversation over.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Which tells me all I need to know about what kind of person you are.  Mocking the deaths of people who were out celebrating the holidays.  Seriously sickening.  You can consider this conversation over.

Good. Because I just posed an alternative possibility. No different then the OP but you just didn't like it. If saying they could have been killed in self defense is somehow mocking them, then claiming they were killed by BLM, or Antifa, or an illegal immigrant etc shouldn't be much different. I see it is. But that's on you to define why. All were possibilities. All could be wrong.

Possibilities that revolve around Biden and Dems being done tho seemed to fit your preferred narrative so those weren't extreme at all. I understand.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good. Because I just posed an alternative possibility.

Please, spare us.  You must have an insultingly low opinion of the intelligence of others if you expect anyone to believe that.  I highly doubt even you believe it.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, they have had the person of interest in custody since yesterday, and have not released any information on him/her. Was this a drunken driver, someone pissed off over the Rittenhouse verdict, a local idiot with a perceived gripe or a terrorist. The whole "run a vehicle through a Christmas event" mirrors what happened in France during the Bastille Day celebrations. If this turns out to be a terrorist who slipped in across the border, Biden and the Dems are done. If it is some Antifa type pissed about the verdict, that is not going to play well for them either. If it is some drunk, I believe they would have already said that, as they would if it were some idiot with a local gripe. Hard to say what it was, but the silence is telling.

Maybe we should wait for the investigation?  I've been told that's important before jumping to conclusions about crime and criminals and their intent.

The whole "run a vehicle through and event" also mirrors what happened in Charlottesville.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote