Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump the GOP's man
I think right now we are putting far too much stock into who will be POTUS. We need to pay more attention to the House and Senate races now. I don't think Trump will ever find the support he would need on the hill to do what he wants, regardless of who wins, and the same may be true for Hillary. We could just be seeing a suit-filling hand-shaker in office.

(05-05-2016, 08:38 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Good and bad is correct. Not sure how it's going to play out yet, but it's better than the same ol' of taking our money and misusing it.

https://morningconsult.com/2016/05/cruz-backers/

Do we think anyone will not be taking our money and misusing it? Hell, I even expect a Libertarian POTUS to do exactly that, it's how these things tend to go.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-04-2016, 11:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: She's a miserable human being.  I went to school with a secret service agent.  He loved Bill, but said she is maybe the worst person he has ever met.  Anecdotal, but believable.

(05-04-2016, 11:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I read a similar thing. 

(05-05-2016, 07:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I heard the same from a member of the Marine 1 flight crew during those years. Apparently the nickname for her amongst the Marines and some of the Secret Service was "First *****."

I must interject and believe me I am not doing it out of any bias. I met Hillary when she was the First Lady (she came to visit a USO in Korea) and I found here to be very engaging. Given my time with her was very brief compared to a secret service agent and a Presidential vehicle pilot. You could tell she was absolutely brilliant and some may b threatened/turned off by that.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-05-2016, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must interject and believe me I am not doing it out of any bias. I met Hillary when she was the First Lady (she came to visit a USO in Korea) and I found here to be very engaging. Given my time with her was very brief compared to a secret service agent and a Presidential vehicle pilot. You could tell she was absolutely brilliant and some may b threatened/turned off by that.  

Oh, no, I have heard her speak in person and was part of a meet and greet and she is absolutely as you said. She is very good at maintaining her image in public view. The stuff I heard was much more about her interactions with, for lack of a better term, staff. By that I don't mean her office staff, but those personnel that carry out the day-to-day around the WH and the First Family.

I think it's a very common thing, though, that you will have people with a very different persona in the public eye than when they are in a more private setting. It's just that when you are in the First Family, private means being surrounded by SS, staff, and military personnel.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-05-2016, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must interject and believe me I am not doing it out of any bias. I met Hillary when she was the First Lady (she came to visit a USO in Korea) and I found here to be very engaging. Given my time with her was very brief compared to a secret service agent and a Presidential vehicle pilot. You could tell she was absolutely brilliant and some may b threatened/turned off by that.  

I don't think they were threatened.  He told me one time she was yelling at Chelsea about her grades, and said if she didn't pick it up she'd end up doing something like them.  Pointing at the nearby agents.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Is it wrong that I can't stand the way Hillary widens her eyes whenever she talks? Just sayin'.
[Image: giphy.gif]
"...an exodus from the Republican Party has begun."

http://qz.com/675799/after-trumps-win-in-indiana-an-exodus-from-the-republican-party-has-begun/?google_editors_picks=true
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-05-2016, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: "...an exodus from the Republican Party has begun."

http://qz.com/675799/after-trumps-win-in-indiana-an-exodus-from-the-republican-party-has-begun/?google_editors_picks=true

Republicans are saying this because there is still hope for a can tested convention since both Cruz and Kasich only suspended their campaigns and are still on the ballots. Republicans are still hopeful that Trump will not recieve enough votes to get to 1237. 

Once Trump does get to that number though, the Republicans will fall in line and back him 100% because there is more at stake than just the presidency in this election, namely the Supreme Court Nomination/Nominations if Ginsberg retires or others. Republicans getting their guys on the Supreme Court is more important that the presidency in my opinion.
(05-04-2016, 11:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: She's a miserable human being.  I went to school with a secret service agent.  He loved Bill, but said she is maybe the worst person he has ever met.  Anecdotal, but believable.
Maybe this is your school mate:
http://nypost.com/2016/06/25/clinton-white-house-was-a-den-of-cocaine-and-mistresses-ex-secret-service-officer/

Quote:Gary J. Byrne has devoted his life, and risked it, to serve his country — as a member of the US Air Force, a uniformed White House Secret Service officer, and a federal air marshal....he witnessed “the Clinton machine leaving a wake of destruction in just about everything they do.”

He says he has also seen Hillary’s “dangerous,” abusive, paranoid behavior.
“It’s like hitting yourself with a hammer every day,” says Byrne, pounding a fist into his open hand, of the former First Lady’s explosive anger....She also cursed out her security detail, and she and Bill would often try to evade the Secret Service, making it difficult to protect them and putting agents at greater risk, Byrne says.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-26-2016, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe this is your school mate:
http://nypost.com/2016/06/25/clinton-white-house-was-a-den-of-cocaine-and-mistresses-ex-secret-service-officer/

Quote:She also cursed out her security detail, and she and Bill would often try to evade the Secret Service, making it difficult to protect them and putting agents at greater risk, Byrne says.

It's easier to do shady shit when there are fewer witnesses.