Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-11-2018, 11:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hear he’s really good at chunk plays.

Yeah, he could really hurl it on the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We are 5-4. Off the top of my head a fej ff and td beat the colts. 2 defensive tds best the dolphins. And 4 turnovers beat the bucs. The shittiest defense in nfl history is a major reason for over half of our wins. 

How in the flying pig spraying shit hell am i supposed to keep playing mental gymnastics and giving dalton credit for that?

Um....they had the lead when Fej scooped up the fumble?  They came from behind in ATL....they came from behind against Pitt (D shit the bed), they we're blowing out Balt. (D shit the bed again), they were up big on Tampa (D nearly shit the bed again after being gifted), defense played well against MIA, but offense drove late to tie the game.  Defense has been on a HISTORIC pace of yards allowed, to the tune if three straight 500 yards allowed games.....but it's our QB's fault with a bad game today. They hung 50 on us....even if he played out of his mind, they probably lose 51-35. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um....they had the lead when Fej scooped up the fumble?  They came from behind in ATL....they came from behind against Pitt (D shit the bed), they we're blowing out Balt. (D shit the bed again), they were up big on Tampa (D nearly shit the bed again after being gifted), defense played well against MIA, but offense drove late to tie the game.  Defense has been on a HISTORIC pace of yards allowed, to the tune if three straight 500 yards allowed games.....but it's our QB's fault with a bad game today. They hung 50 on us....even if he played out of his mind, they probably lose 51-35. 

Agreed. There's no defending this defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Have you ever seen a 2nd stringer come in and actually look better then the starter? Jeff driskel today dropped a dime on ross and sprinted for a td, i mean im not saying driskel is the answer but after watching dalton look bad all game ,driskel was a breathe of fresh air.

Yes, I have. It's called garbage time. Often when a starter has a bad day, the backup comes in and plays better. Shit, you should remember, it just happened two weeks ago when this awesome defense made Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Dan Fouts in a quarter and a half.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Agreed. The wins that they do have pretty much all had Andy under pressure to score at the end of the game and he did. After seeing today’s game, Andy is what jumps out at people? Give me a break.

There's a select few that have been waiting all year....lol.

Reply/Quote
Isn't Andy about 21st in passer rating this year?

But it never gets old to hear all the reasons why it's not his fault.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Does anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Working on 8 years in the league. 2 4000 yard seasons. Never had 30 pass tds.

Um....he owns the franchise record with 33..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Super Bowls are rough to get for most franchises.  Remember, the Ravens have as many SB wins with Dilfer and Flacco as the Packers do with Favre and Rodgers.

The Ravens had HoF players at multiple levels on defense. Quarterbacking those teams meant not screwing up and turning the ball over. The Bengals have never put a defense on the field that was as good. That said, Flacco went on the greatest 4 game run of his career for the second one. Dalton has never had a stretch like Flacco did when it mattered. Andy’s Playoff performance has been unquestionably terrible.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I wish they would just fire Merv.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, he could really hurl it on the field.

He threw up a lot of good passes.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:03 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He threw up a lot of good passes.

Really insightful, too. He wasn't just regurgitating the usual cliches.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Andy about 21st in passer rating this year?

Betting that is higher than his OL ranks. 

Believe Dalton has a better record than Russell Wilson while featuring the worst defense in history of NFL too. 

Dalton is not elite but he is far from horrid. You do not replace that guy until you have somebody better imo. 

Of course if they would have followed my suggestion by signing Bridgewater on the cheap in offseason as backup we may have that guy already. 

Nobody on here liked the idea either, even though they preached how important a backup QB is to a team for years. Believe most still wanted AJM. 

Had we done that we could be using Driskell like the Saints do Hill. Driskell is a better and bigger athlete than Hill but being he is only backup we can not afford the luxury of doing this like the Saints. 

Oh well, spilled milk. Yet still say OL and defense needs fixed before worrying about QB presently. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Andy about 21st in passer rating this year?

At the end of week 9, he was listed as No. 9 with a QB rating of 84.1. The Offensive Line was ranked at No. 23. I assume that they’ve both slipped but I’m curious as to how high he should rate behind that line? What is acceptable? People act like he’s no. 23 behind a no. 9 line. Should he be a top 5 QB? Is it easier to rank higher for those QB’s on those 22 other teams?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Betting that is higher than his OL ranks. 

Believe Dalton has a better record than Russell Wilson while featuring the worst defense in history of NFL too. 

Dalton is not elite but he is far from horrid. You do not replace that guy until you have somebody better imo. 

Of course if they would have followed my suggestion by signing Bridgewater on the cheap in offseason as backup we may have that guy already. 

Nobody on here liked the idea either, even though they preached how important a backup QB is to a team for years. Believe most still wanted AJM. 

Had we done that we could be using Driskell like the Saints do Hill. Driskell is a better and bigger athlete than Hill but being he is only backup we can not afford the luxury of doing this like the Saints. 

Oh well, spilled milk. Yet still say OL and defense needs fixed before worrying about QB presently. 

I wouldn't say nobody on here liked the idea.... Wink

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:18 AM)John Shaft Wrote: There have been numerous QBs who are ranked above Dalton at this point in time who came into the league after Dalton became a Bengal.
The point is Bengals have been satisfied with a mediocre QB lead by a mediocre coach.
Mike Brown needs a seasoned GM ASAP.

Mike Brown needed a seasoned GM 27 years ago.  It hain't happening.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't say nobody on here liked the idea.... Wink

Yep you did 2nd the motion but overwhelmingly most did not agree. 

Off topic but it is funny how everybody is so mad about this game too.

Agree DC needs to go and already should have been fired. 

But in prediction thread 49 Bengals fans picked the Saints while only 10 of us homers chose Bengals and most included the word "hope".

Out of the 49 many predicted the Saints scoring in the 40's and I_C_DeadPeople almost hit it correctly predicting a 52-13 win by Saints. 

Game plays out like they predicted and some are furious because of it.  

Oh well, life of a Bengals fan.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep you did 2nd the motion but overwhelmingly most did not agree. 

Off topic but it is funny how everybody is so mad about this game too.

Agree DC needs to go and already should have been fired. 

But in prediction thread 49 Bengals fans picked the Saints while only 10 of us homers chose Bengals and most included the word "hope".

Out of the 49 many predicted the Saints scoring in the 40's and I_C_DeadPeople almost hit it correctly predicting a 52-13 win by Saints. 

Game plays out like they predicted and some are furious because of it.  

Oh well, life of a Bengals fan.

LOL, it is funny.  I didn't post, but I thought they'd lose by three scores, I did not anticipate the offense playing that poorly, and Andy having that bad of a game.

Looks like they finally laid waste to the DC, probably should have done that going into the bye, but it is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Definitely keep that guy!! I seen a difference in daltons pocket presence,and making plays happen better that he never done before

I agree based on what I've been able to watch (which admittedly hasn't been every game). But as we've seen, the only receivers seemingly able to get separation are Green, Eifert, Boyd, and Ross. The first two were out due to injury and the last seems to be out of sync with Dalton even though he is getting separation.

As mentioned in this thread by others, Dalton needs a good cast to be an above average QB. He is Alex Smith-esque. Dalton also (IMO) needs a receiver who can go up and get jump balls, as I've noticed his throws tend to be somewhat high or short at times. A guy who can leap for the ball and come down with it would be great for Dalton.

The other alternative is to find another QB who can throw the deep ball better, but I think it's easier to find an ideal receiver than QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote