Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-11-2018, 10:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Of all the problems the Bengals have, Andy Dalton isn’t even in the top thirty.

Bs man,you can say hes not the main problem,but hes one of the problems. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Of all the problems the Bengals have, Andy Dalton isn’t even in the top thirty.

Have you ever seen a 2nd stringer come in and actually look better then the starter? Jeff driskel today dropped a dime on ross and sprinted for a td, i mean im not saying driskel is the answer but after watching dalton look bad all game ,driskel was a breathe of fresh air.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We are 5-4. Off the top of my head a fej ff and td beat the colts. 2 defensive tds best the dolphins. And 4 turnovers beat the bucs. The shittiest defense in nfl history is a major reason for over half of our wins. 

How in the flying pig spraying shit hell am i supposed to keep playing mental gymnastics and giving dalton credit for that?

Lets just ignore the game winning drive at the end of the Falcons game or the fact that Dalton had to lead another game winning drive against the Bucs even with those 4 turnovers because the defense couldn't stay off the field and make a stop. With the Colts, again, maybe the team wouldn't be in such shitty positions if they didn't allow the most yards and 3rd% in NFL history. None of that is Dalton's fault. No mental gymnastics needed. This defense ***** themselves in the ass. That's not Dalton's fault. How many times did the defense keep the Saints out of the end zone in the first half today? Even without Dalton's turnover at the end of the first half they let the Saints score a TD on every god damn possession. Again, how is that Dalton's fault?

Also, our illustrious owner/GM had a stellar record of 115-204-1 before 2011 with an impressive career winning percentage sitting at 35.7%. Since 2011, his record has fallen to 70-49-2 which comes out to a 57.8% winning percentage. It also lowered his overall career record to 185-252-3 with a 42% winning percentage. Yes, I know I said that backwards. This team has improved with Dalton as QB. No, he is not the only reason for the improvement but he has been a major contributor to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:33 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Ok, but they are supposed to tank NEXT year, not this year if they want Tua. 

Marvin will be here next year, so I’m betting we’ll have a shot at him
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Have you ever seen a 2nd stringer come in and actually look better then the starter? Jeff driskel today dropped a dime on ross and sprinted for a td, i mean im not saying driskel is the answer but after watching dalton look bad all game ,driskel was a breathe of fresh air.

The main thing that separates backup QBs from starters isn't the ability to throw nice passes, it's not even the ability to win NFL games...it's consistency.  Guys like Fitzpatrick, Matt Flynn, Nick Foles, Matt Cassell...they'll look great for short and even some pretty long time periods.  Starting QBs look good for years at a time.

That's the main thing.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Have you ever seen a 2nd stringer come in and actually look better then the starter? Jeff driskel today dropped a dime on ross and sprinted for a td, i mean im not saying driskel is the answer but after watching dalton look bad all game ,driskel was a breathe of fresh air.

Never look at anyone’s play during garbage time in the fourth quarter of a lost game where the opposing defense is playing prevent as a barometer for their performance in the rest of the game.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is not the Bengals problem.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It's fools gold.

Coaching is the downfall of this team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:47 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Lets just ignore the game winning drive at the end of the Falcons game or the fact that Dalton had to lead another game winning drive against the Bucs even with those 4 turnovers because the defense couldn't stay off the field and make a stop. With the Colts, again, maybe the team wouldn't be in such shitty positions if they didn't allow the most yards and 3rd% in NFL history. None of that is Dalton's fault. No mental gymnastics needed. This defense ***** themselves in the ass. That's not Dalton's fault. How many times did the defense keep the Saints out of the end zone in the first half today? Even without Dalton's turnover at the end of the first half they let the Saints score a TD on every god damn possession. Again, how is that Dalton's fault?

Also, our illustrious owner/GM had a stellar record of 115-204-1 before 2011 with an impressive career winning percentage sitting at 35.7%. Since 2011, his record has fallen to 70-49-2 which comes out to a 57.8% winning percentage. It also lowered his overall career record to 185-252-3 with a 42% winning percentage. Yes, I know I said that backwards. This team has improved with Dalton as QB. No, he is not the only reason for the improvement but he has been a major contributor to it.
How is anything daltons fault? You are forgetting in the 2nd half of tampa bay, we had like 4 3 n outs and keep putting our defense out there. This has even happened in the playoffs before when you keep putting the defense out there. Today our offense was horrid after the 1st drive,absolutely horrid. The defense is bad but we got blown out because the offense couldnt keep them off the field. 
Reply/Quote

Agreed. The wins that they do have pretty much all had Andy under pressure to score at the end of the game and he did. After seeing today’s game, Andy is what jumps out at people? Give me a break.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's fools gold.

Coaching is the downfall of this team. 

Yep, call me skeptical that a late-round backup QB is what Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis have needed all this time to succeed where Palmer/Dalton let them down.  Marvin Lewis has been pretty darn lucky to have his 17 years as a HC mostly consisting of two pretty good QBs.  Give the guy a QB carousel and see what he gets you.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:43 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Bs man,you can say hes not the main problem,but hes one of the problems. 

And by position, which positions are stronger than Andy has been at QB? There are tons of bigger problems. I’d love to see your list of QBs that grade higher with a line that grades out this crappy.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:58 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: How is anything daltons fault? You are forgetting in the 2nd half of tampa bay, we had like 4 3 n outs and keep putting our defense out there. This has even happened in the playoffs before when you keep putting the defense out there. Today our offense was horrid after the 1st drive,absolutely horrid. The defense is bad but we got blown out because the offense couldnt keep them off the field. 

Dalton deserves blame for plenty. He is not the reason the defense is giving up 450+ yards a game this season. He is not the reason the defense is allowing opposing offenses to convert almost 60% on 3rd down. He is not the reason they're giving up 32 points per game. You're seriously reaching. You do know that the defense is allowed to stop the opposing offense to help out their own defense too, right? I'm also guessing you don't think the OLine shares any of the blame for stalled drives due to poor blocking.

If you want to lay all of this team's problems at Dalton's feet, that's your prerogative. It's unbelievably flawed and simply wrong though.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, call me skeptical that a late-round backup QB is what Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis have needed all this time to succeed where Palmer/Dalton let them down.  Marvin Lewis has been pretty darn lucky to have his 17 years as a HC mostly consisting of two pretty good QBs.  Give the guy a QB carousel and see what he gets you.

Nail meet hammer !
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Agreed. The wins that they do have pretty much all had Andy under pressure to score at the end of the game and he did. After seeing today’s game, Andy is what jumps out at people? Give me a break.

My last response bc im not argueing all night, but theres been offensive droughts about every game.. yeah hes showed heart and came back ,but andy is capable of being below average like today without his big stars on offense. Look.how many he started with green , eifert, mixon, boyd, and a speed threat in ross and gio as a scat back, that is loaded. When you take away two of them studs look at him today is where his flaws stand out. He couldnt hit ross for nothing,deep ball is bad, basically he needs big guys that can make leaping amazing catches to look good he cant thread needles,doesnt have the arm or accuracy. I was surprised he did look better early on this season but that has went away once again and its basically because his stars are out. Green and eifert and basically oc takes away mixon. 

How about body language and leadership, dalton just shook his head and looked lost out there,he couldnt overcome it, he couldnt motivate or make any one better. Edit- ill even put in changing the play too,ive seen the good qbs change plays and destroy our defense. Never hardly see that from dalton. Hes average and capable of being worse, he does nothing really well except quick short fast throws, he doesnt have a strong arm or can run or even deadly accurate. Actually if he went to another team i still cant see him winning playoff games i just cant imagine it,maybe with bill b.

Bottom line you need elite qb in this league or elite coaching ,or BOTH. Marvin and andy will never work. One playoff win would be a miracle. That would be our superbowl. 

But any who, its not fun watching a offense that looks great the first drive and complete shit the rest of the game..even if the defense sucked ,can we at least score some tds ,nope.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:05 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Dalton deserves blame for plenty. He is not the reason the defense is giving up 450+ yards a game this season. He is not the reason the defense is allowing opposing offenses to convert almost 60% on 3rd down. He is not the reason they're giving up 32 points per game. You're seriously reaching. You do know that the defense is allowed to stop the opposing offense to help out their own defense too, right? I'm also guessing you don't think the OLine shares any of the blame for stalled drives due to poor blocking.

If you want to lay all of this team's problems at Dalton's feet, that's your prerogative. It's unbelievably flawed and simply wrong though.

It's like blaming the Titanic's sinking on the helmsman.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:33 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: NEWSFLASH - we haven't won shit since Mike Brown took control of the team. This "winning" problem goes far beyond Andy Dalton.

Also, with a below average offensive line and potentially the worst defense in NFL history, Dalton has been a big part of the team still having a winning record right now. I understand alcohol and emotions get the best of us, but to try to pin the failures of this franchise on Andy Dalton are laughable at best.
If we would of just had a new owner today we would of crushed them.  Ninja This mindset will never fix anything since he owns the team and has no intentions of selling it might as well keep this kind of stuff to yourself.
Reply/Quote
No quarterback in NFL history would succeed in the Bengals’ current scheme with so many injuries to offensive starters. Let’s fix the defense first. If people want to move on from Andy Dalton, fine, that’s their right to believe this, but simply plugging another quarterback into the current system isn’t the answer. It’s how you become the Cleveland Browns.
Reply/Quote
You do have to wonder who would be our QB right now if we didn't hire Gruden and he didn't talk Mike Brown out of Mallett/Kaepernick. On a side note, right before we drafted Dalton and Palmer wanted out some people were blathering on about how exciting it would be seeing Lavefour and/or Jordan Palmer step up and lead this team.

It's like internet dating. Yeah...I kinda like you, but come on...there has to be someone else out there that is better than you. So bye.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If we would of just had a new owner today we would of crushed them.  Ninja This mindset will never fix anything since he owns the team and has no intentions of selling it might as well keep this kind of stuff to yourself.

I appreciate you telling me what I can and can't post, but nothing any of us post here is going to fix the team. Ever. So why have a board and allow people to post their opinions?
Reply/Quote