Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-13-2018, 11:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All you did was make up a BS claim that Mike Brown does not want to win a super bowl.  Kind of like the way you made up the claim that Dalton had never put the team on his back and willed them to victory.

You said Mike Brown has never said he wasn't to win a Super Bowl, but here is a direct quote from Mike in a letter to fans in 2016

"My passion is to bring Cincinnati a much-deserved NFL championship and you have my pledge that our organization is hard at work with this goal in mind."

So you have not "illustrated" anything except how little you know.  You just make up stuff and claim it is true. 

I call BS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 10:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2013 Dalton and the Bengals trailed Rodgers Division Champion Packers 30-14 with 5 minutes left in the third quarter.  Dalton then goes 9-10 for 132 yards and 2 tds leading the Bengals to a 34-30 win.

In 2015 Dalton trailed Wilson's Seahawks (who had the #1 defense in the league that year) 24-7 in the 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 13-16 for 135 yds with a passing td and a rushing td.  Bengals score on their last three possessions in regulation and win 27-24 in overtime.
m
Im not saying he has played consistently shitty football. I would hope being a starter for 8 years he would beat a decent team every once in awhile. There are upsets every week in this league.

We would have a decent chance at a playoff win if they let us play at 1pm on a Sunday and we could convince the head coach and QB there was no reason to feel pressue.

I should have known coming off a bye marv would have this team ready to piss down their leg. 

The chiefs moved on from a mediocre QB and look like world beaters. The ravens have a qb who won a super bowl and brought in a first round pick. The eagles had a guy who wasnt getting the job done and drafted a 1st rd qb who played like an mvp then watched as his backup won a superowl. The pats have drafted qb early and packers. 

Keenum looked like a sub par qb. Brought in goff and the rams are on fire. The saints have a qb playing his ass off. The brought in a solid back up. 

My point is its time to look and quit being complacent
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The chiefs moved on from a mediocre QB and look like world beaters. The ravens have a qb who won a super bowl and brought in a first round pick. The eagles had a guy who wasnt getting the job done and drafted a 1st rd qb who played like an mvp then watched as his backup won a superowl. The pats have drafted qb early and packers. 

Keenum looked like a sub par qb. Brought in goff and the rams are on fire. The saints have a qb playing his ass off. The brought in a solid back up. 

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Are you seriously suggesting that Teddy Bridgewater was brought in to "push" Brees?

Sam Bradford was coming off three straight seasons of injury when Eagles drafted Wentz. 

Joe Flacco is 33 and has not had a passer rating higher than 83 since 2014. 

Packers have not drafted a QB higher than the fifth round in the last decade.

Pats have drafted QBs but trade them away instead of playing them.

Keenum had a passer rating in the 70's when the Rams decided to replace him.

I don't see how any of these situations compare to the Bengals and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My point is its time to look and quit being complacent

(11-14-2018, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Umm...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: m
Im not saying he has played consistently shitty football. I would hope being a starter for 8 years he would beat a decent team every once in awhile. There are upsets every week in this league.

We would have a decent chance at a playoff win if they let us play at 1pm on a Sunday and we could convince the head coach and QB there was no reason to feel pressue.

I should have known coming off a bye marv would have this team ready to piss down their leg. 

The chiefs moved on from a mediocre QB and look like world beaters. The ravens have a qb who won a super bowl and brought in a first round pick. The eagles had a guy who wasnt getting the job done and drafted a 1st rd qb who played like an mvp then watched as his backup won a superowl. The pats have drafted qb early and packers. 

I think it’s worth noting that Andy Reid is an offensive minded coach who used to be a QB coach so he (likely) has a much better eye for QB talent than a defensive mind like Marvin Lewis. I think that’s why Reid’s offenses are usually very good and he can find QBs like Mahomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Packers have not drafted a QB higher than the fifth round in the last decade.

Thats my bad. I knew they tried at qb. Hundley was drafted later than i thought but they still traded one of their former first round DBs for a QB this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Umm...

I dont understand how his examples support his "point"
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if Dalton can ever win in the postseason because, to this point in time, there is zero evidence to suggest he can -- just as there is no evidence to suggest that Lewis can.

That narrative could, of course, change at some point by way of eventual playoff success. While I like and rather admire Andy Dalton, I must admit that I hold no great confidence when it comes to him conquering the biggest of stages -- the NFL postseason.

I also must say, both as a Bengals fan and a human being, it would be an incredible experience to watch Dalton prove me to be completely wrong in my assessment because he is such an outstanding person and unselfish representative of the organization.
Reply/Quote
What a fail of a thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't we have most of our wins because Dalton had game winning drives? And to Bfine (dont feel like looking up the comment) Mixon and the OL got a lot better once Alexander got his hands off the offense last year. That's why he didnt look as good until later in the year. The offensive is schemed around short to intermediate throws this year and that's why Dalton doesn't have near as many 40+ yard passes like he normally does. Also,
4 seconds is a really long time when a elite athlete is running at you full speed 5 yards away.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 09:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Don't we have most of our wins because Dalton had game winning drives? And to Bfine (dont feel like looking up the comment) Mixon and the OL got a lot better once Alexander got his hands off the offense last year. That's why he didnt look as good until later in the year. The offensive is schemed around short to intermediate throws this year and that's why Dalton doesn't have near as many 40+ yard passes like he normally does. Also,
4 seconds is a really long time when a elite athlete is running at you full speed 5 yards away.

So you're arguing the Oline is better? Hey we agree; not sure where the mix up was. 

I didn't say 4 seconds I said .4. The difference between "quick release Andy" and that of the QB that takes the longest. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're arguing the Oline is better? Hey we agree; not sure where the mix up was. 

I didn't say 4 seconds I said .4. The difference between "quick release Andy" and that of the QB that takes the longest. 

I meant to say .4 seconds.

The OL is still trash. I'm saying Lazor is scheming around a trash OL and is getting what he can out of it. That's why we don't go deep even close to the amount we used to. The OL is holding the offense back dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Working on 8 years in the league. 2 4000 yard seasons. Never had 30 pass tds.

33 in 2013
Was on pace for 33 prior to injury in 2015
is on pace for 32 this year

Something distracted you, but I don't think it was INT's.

(11-13-2018, 08:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What primetime big game performance from Dalton makes you believe? 

234 yards - 3 TDs - 139.8 rating vs Browns (yeah...I know...doesn't count cuz Browns...even though 2.0 definitely counted...vs Browns)
315 yards - 2 TDs - 99.8 rating @ Cardinals
296 yards - 1 TD - 111.8 rating vs Dolphins
234 yards - 2 TD - 96.5 rating vs Steelers
265 yards - 4 TDs - 107.7 rating vs Ravens

Dalton has a better personal track record in prime-time than our Head Coach does, that's for sure. I'd love to see Dalton elsewhere with a good coach, but unfortunately I still don't think people would "get it". We already saw Palmer suck in prime-time then go elsewhere only to see that problem magically disappear.

Most people seemed to learn nothing from that lesson. Ah well. Maybe the next good QB we get will somehow overcome the Marvin prime-time / playoff / Steeler issues. I'm sure 3rd time will be the charm.

(11-16-2018, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're arguing the Oline is better? Hey we agree; not sure where the mix up was. 

Downplay those 0.4 seconds all you want, they matter. A half second could be the difference between a sack and a completion. We're talking about athletes that can cover 40 yards in 4.5 seconds. Besides, we're not talking exactly 0.4 seconds on every play...that's just the average.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Why? is a better question.

I've already stated the case as to why he isn't, and it comes down to the fact that he not only didn't make it, he failed miserably on each attempt, and if memory serves, he's tied for the worst playoff record in NFL history. Marvin Lewis holds the NFL worst playoff record for coaches. That's double worst records. But Mikey is comfortable with them.

In fact, not only have I illustrated why Dalton is not a SB QB, I've also layout exactly why he's still the team's QB and why Marvin is still the head coach.

Why is Dalton the only player you single out? We've had a TON of players flop in the playoffs under Merv. Carson. Chad. Benson (his 2nd game that everyone forgets about). AJ. Gio. Atkins. Dunlap. The entire defense. The entire offense. So why single out just Dalton? Is he supposed to overcome weak schemes that always fail in the same scenarios? Is he supposed to take the Marvin Lewis anchor on his back and will Merv to victory? 

I hope like heck that Dalton gets a shot under a good coach before his career is over, because I'd bet dollars to donuts that Andy's "playoff problem" is actually Andy's "Marvin problem". Same as Carson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There was a play yesterday that put the final seal on this opinion for me. 1st and goal. Mixon left uncovered by himself out wide left. WIDE OPEN. Dalton in the shotgun waves him in and then burns a timeout.

Possibly the worst pre snap QB awareness i have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There was a play yesterday that put the final seal on this opinion for me. 1st and goal. Mixon left uncovered by himself out wide left. WIDE OPEN. Dalton in the shotgun waves him in and then burns a timeout.

Possibly the worst pre snap QB awareness i have ever seen.

Clearly, you haven't seen much football if that one play was the worst pre snap QB awareness you've ever seen which makes your analysis of QBs suspect.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Clearly, you haven't seen much football if that one play was the worst pre snap QB awareness you've ever seen which makes your analysis of QBs suspect.

Tbh, that seems pretty bad, but there is FAR more evidence that pre-snap has been a strength for Dalton. One play doesn't negate that, but people will take any scrap of evidence they can to support their pre-conceived notions. 
Reply/Quote
There are currently 29 QBs with 200 or more attempts. Andy is ranked 20th.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Clearly, you haven't seen much football if that one play was the worst pre snap QB awareness you've ever seen which makes your analysis of QBs suspect.

Yea... I now question if you know what a good QB is. If you think that was no big deal. 

A 8 year veteran who in the redzone couldnt see a wide open uncovered receiver and instead called him in to be covered and then burned a time out is absolutely horrendous.

That was text book chicken with his head cut off andy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 06:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea... I now question if you know what a good QB is. If you think that was no big deal. 

A 8 year veteran who in the redzone couldnt see a wide open uncovered receiver and instead called him in to be covered and then burned a time out is absolutely horrendous.

That was text book chicken with his head cut off andy. 

First off let me starting by saying i like andy dalton.  i think he is a good QB. was that a miss by him. offcourse. mixon was wide open, easy TD and he missed it. Ok, well Rodgers missed an easy 3 and 2 agt seahawks and then they punted. I guess he sucks too. one play doesnt make a QB. take a look at some of Dalton playoff performances.. AJ green drops alot of balls so does his team. im not saying thats the reason but it isnt all AD fault.
Reply/Quote